Jeep Wagoneer Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bummer that you're having these issues. However, my aftermarket brake controller was pretty much plug & play and works great w/o any additional software from the dealer.

I believe that the software from the dealer allows the vehicle to accept the OEM brake controller and integrates the OEM controller with the vehicle's software - including additional pages on the dash & possibly the infotainment screen. After-market controllers will not integrate with the vehicle software even if the additional software is installed. I went through this on my previous vehicle - a 2018 RAM 1500.
Reflex camera Camera lens Automotive design Vehicle Personal luxury car

hi,

I also have the connector under the dash with the small plastic “male” part that unclips. Did you reuse that or buy an adapter to fit? I don’t get the point of the little plastic bit that seems like it should have factory female spade connectors but doesn’t. Any hints? Thank you!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
View attachment 1569
hi,

I also have the connector under the dash with the small plastic “male” part that unclips. Did you reuse that or buy an adapter to fit? I don’t get the point of the little plastic bit that seems like it should have factory female spade connectors but doesn’t. Any hints? Thank you!!
Etrailer sells an adapter. Its included w/ the brake controller I purchased. Here is the link:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yes, thanks but how do I identify that on a vehicle on a dealers lot? I have looked at several and none say tow pkg on the window sticker. The salesman says "oh yeh, its got a tow pkg" see this hitch & plug.
Window Sticker will indicate if the vehicle has the tow package. All Wagoneers have the hitch and plug. Get a different salesman, his comment was pure BS.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts