Jeep Wagoneer Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else having major issues with wireless CarPlay? Just spins and spins and tries to connect. Then at other times Bluetooth just stops connecting and we have to go in and set the phones up again.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Not that its super helpful as I have not had any issues - I connected the first time and it “just works” every time I get in the Wagoneer. I am on an iPhone 13 with the latest software. I’ve never even plugged in a usb cable and mostly used the wireless charging pad.

I had no end of problem with Carplay in my Lincoln Aviator even with a wired connection. I occasionally would go to Settings > General > CarPlay and remove the from the vehicle settings menu and then re-add it and it seemed to help sometimes. Other than that make sure you’ve updated your iphone with the latest updates.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Anyone else having major issues with wireless CarPlay? Just spins and spins and tries to connect. Then at other times Bluetooth just stops connecting and we have to go in and set the phones up again.
I had an issue with my CarPlay not working at all the way I fixed it is I went into the radio settings and hit the restart radio and when it rebooted everything was working again

·
Registered
10 Posts
Oh yes! I've had my Wagoneer for one week, and this just started yesterday. I'm taking it in tomorrow for a software update. We'll see what happens.

·
Registered
4 Posts
BTW, never seen this before. When using Apple Maps, the car’s GPS will show those directions in the dash/HUD. HOWEVER, when I’m on the highway, the dash and HUD directions don’t always match the directions on the head unit! For example, twice I’ve had a right hand exit approaching. the head unit/CarPlay properly directs me to take the right hand exit. HOWEVER, the arrows on the dash and HUD both show I should take a left at that exit!! Very odd. No other GPS running (e.g., the native NAVI)….Only seems to happen on the highway, not local roads.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I got my Grand Wagoneer last week. Lots of issues with CarPlay. Wireless CarPlay worked the first time at the dealer, but it has been intermittent ever since. Today the CarPlay icon in Device Manager disappeared altogether. Deleting and adding the device did not solve the problem.

I tried the Radio Reset option suggested above and that did restore the icon but it still only works if I plug my iPhone into the physical USB port under the radio. I've tried multiple iPhones (12 and 13) and the same issue so I know it's not the phone. This is an important feature for me and it is very inconvenient that it does not work properly.

Update: The issue seems to be related to whether there is wireless connectivity or not during startup. If there is wireless connectivity, CarPlay seems to have a better chance of working.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had an issue with my CarPlay not working at all the way I fixed it is I went into the radio settings and hit the restart radio and when it rebooted everything was working again
Thanks for posting - Carplay just suddenly stopped working on my 4 week old Wagoneer yesterday. Hugely frustrating until I rebooted the Radio as suggested - problem instantly solved!!

·
Registered
38 Posts
I use android auto and had to turn off the wireless feature, it was too glitchy and connected maybe 50% of the time. I just plug in now and even that has intermittent issues.

I don't think it's all on Jeep though. I have several other cars and they all have the same problems, carplay and AA just aren't there yet IMO.

·
Registered
12 Posts
My GW just downloaded this update, which seemed to fix the CarPlay issue....

FCA-MY22.S21D.5-PROD

Note: The update would not download at my home but when I brought the vehicle to the dealer today to get the windows tinted it updated as soon as is connected to the Dealer's wireless. Here is more info...

UPDATE: Well, that did not last long. CarPlay is still having issues connecting...

·
Registered
10 Posts
My GW just downloaded this update, which seemed to fix the CarPlay issue....

FCA-MY22.S21D.5-PROD

Note: The update would not download at my home but when I brought the vehicle to the dealer today to get the windows tinted it updated as soon as is connected to the Dealer's wireless. Here is more info...

UPDATE: Well, that did not last long. CarPlay is still having issues connecting...
I recently got that update too. It definitely helped, but did not fix everything. I find it interesting that when CarPlay gets stupid and won't connect, plugging it in with USB won't even work. Always requires a reboot.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Unfortunately, The radio reset fix is temporary. I did some browsing over at the Jeep/Ram forums and the issues with CarPlay have been ongoing since last year. There is maybe no one that has wireless CarPlay working correctly in any Chrysler vehicle. Hopefully we get a fix soon. They need to hire someone who understands connectivity. A vehicle of this caliber should connect seamlessly via Bluetooth, WIFI, CarPlay, and Personal Hotspot. I've noticed that my rear FireTVs also do not connect to my hotspot automatically. I have to turn off my hotspot for 30 seconds and then back on again. This is unacceptable by modern standards.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts