Jeep Wagoneer Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, just bought home a Grand Wagoneer III, black ext, black int, window tint on rear windows is a bronze color, has anyone tried to match the driver and passenger side to the back? Or has anyone covered the back with a black tint and then matched the front? I have looked everywhere for info on this and come up with 0 info.
Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I was going to have a professional install the tint, was is the key word. I am not sure about the Wagoneers but the Grand Wagoneers have a ceramic glaze on the windows , including the wind shield (which I will get into later) If you install tint on any of the windows and decide you don't like it, it gets scratched etc....and has to be removed, the removal process will scratch the heck out of the ceramic from the factory. You will be able to tell if your GW or W has the ceramic by rolling down the drivers, passengers or rear windows a little bit and you will see the line around the glass. This was all shown to me by my local company that have great knowledge about window tint. That being said they noticed the distorted windshield on mine, a few things to be said here, one, as long as Stellantis continues to waste money replacing windshields with new ones that are ceramic, that problem will not go away. Two, if they replace with one that does not have ceramic it probably won't look right in my opinion. There is another wagoneer forum I have tried to join but never get the confirmation email back, any of you that are it please share the info.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update
Had a discussion with another source regarding window tint and he believes you can tint the windows and remove it if need be. He believes the tint is in the glass, not something that would be damaged by scrapping it off. I am going to have the front windows tinted, hoping it helps with windshield distortion.

Windshield Update
I purposely did not disclose the distortion in the windshield to my wife to see if she noticed it. Yesterday was her first day driving it and she took her glasses off twice thinking something was wrong with her glasses. I told her it was the windshield, I do not know the answer here but in my opinion, the windshields are an issue due to the tint that they have on them, it is definitely a problem on Grand Wagoneers.

I'm all ears to anyone having this problem solved.

DocSkip, from this site and the other Wagoneer forum, are you reading this?

·
Registered
5 Posts
@hellcat Were you ever able to match the bronze window tint on your GW? I recently purchased the GW III and love it but I do not like how the front windows have little to no tint on them. I like the bronze look of the back windows and am wondering how to get the front windows to match. Thanks for posting your comments and thanks in advance for your future posts.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had my windows tinted 20% with carbon, stills has reflective coating that I don't love, but the darker windows look great and they were able to match the drivers/ passenger colors to the other windows.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts