Jeep Wagoneer Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Even though both the 2022 Wagoneer & Grand Wagoneer are not trail rated, they will get real Jeep off-road capability, especially when equipped with the Advanced All-Terrain Group package.

Considering that, will you take your new Wagoneer off-road?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Even though both the 2022 Wagoneer & Grand Wagoneer are not trail rated, they will get real Jeep off-road capability, especially when equipped with the Advanced All-Terrain Group package.

Although I will keep my '89 Grand Wagoneer which is lifted and set up for off-roading, I will take new one to Utah and try some trails as soon as I get it. I am very eager to find out what it can do, although of course limited by it's sheer size. When I get a delivery date I will order off-road tires to replace the all weather tires that are worthless on rocky terrain.
Did you get yours yet?

·
Registered
62 Posts

One of the main reasons I got it was off-road chops. I’m not planning on rock crawling or running the Rubicon, but the ability to comfortably get to remote camping sites with the whole family is great.

·
Registered
15 Posts
The question will be, what will be the max tire size you can fit with the stock air suspension? Stock tires look about 32" so hopefully at least a 33". Some Ram Rebel 33" takeoffs would probably look right at home.

·
Registered
62 Posts
The question will be, what will be the max tire size you can fit with the stock air suspension? Stock tires look about 32" so hopefully at least a 33". Some Ram Rebel 33" takeoffs would probably look right at home.
I was looking at off-road tires and several companies like Yokohama and Firestone are offering mild off-road tires in the exact size my card will have - 285 45 22s. I’d been thinking of getting a set of 18” wheels and off-road tires, but for the limited use I anticipate, using the existing wheels may be fine.

Wayne.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Hey @SNBI_07! I don't see why the 33" wheels on the Ram wouldn't fit on the Wagoneers. Have you been looking at getting a different set of wheels and/or tires?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey @SNBI_07! I don't see why the 33" wheels on the Ram wouldn't fit on the Wagoneers. Have you been looking at getting a different set of wheels and/or tires?
Wasn’t planning on it, at least initially. Mine will have 20’s and be primarily road going. Given my use case I could see replacing the tire on the 20” wheel with a more aggressive AT tire if I did want to go more aggressive, without swapping out to 18’s. 22’s were a no-go for me on a Jeep.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wasn’t planning on it, at least initially. Mine will have 20’s and be primarily road going. Given my use case I could see replacing the tire on the 20” wheel with a more aggressive AT tire if I did want to go more aggressive, without swapping out to 18’s. 22’s were a no-go for me on a Jeep.
Would you do any other off-road mods or anything to go with the aggressive AT's?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Would you do any other off-road mods or anything to go with the aggressive AT's?
I would consider looking at the skid plates that come on the wagoneer with off-road group. I’m sure I could find a part # but haven’t looked. My priority is doing the console fridge swap, which I already have on order but still waiting on parts to ship. We are losing that feature from the vehicle we are swapping with the GW, so gotta keep the wife happy!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I would consider looking at the skid plates that come on the wagoneer with off-road group. I’m sure I could find a part # but haven’t looked. My priority is doing the console fridge swap, which I already have on order but still waiting on parts to ship. We are losing that feature from the vehicle we are swapping with the GW, so gotta keep the wife happy!
How much is the swap costing you?

The skid plates are definitely an option to consider, however, I am concerned about how much they weigh. After all the GW is already a whopping 6400lbs.
IMO, the 50-75lbs it weighs will be worth it if you need the protection, or just want to look cool :D

·
Registered
15 Posts
How much is the swap costing you?

IMO, the 50-75lbs it weighs will be worth it if you need the protection, or just want to look cool :D
Just over $1,000 for the console fridge and the accompanying lid attachment. If it works out, it definitely beats having to upgrade to a series 2 with the premium package which is the minimum configuration you need to get the fridge option from the factory. That configuration is about $10,000 more than my pretty basic series 1 build. Actually found out after I ordered that another dealer was offering all parts at 29% off retail so that could have saved me a good chunk if I had known that but the parts were already ordered by that time and too late to cancel.

Also, here is the link to what I found for the underbody protection parts that are available to order: Under Body Protection for 2022 Jeep Grand Wagoneer | Mopar Estores

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.