Jeep Wagoneer Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I reserved an Obsidian... so no go for me but my dealer did call and let me know that the order banks are open for everything else and If I wanted so switch models and order a SIII I could do so. Just curious if anyone has any info on how long it will be before the Obsidian package is orderable.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Welcome @gregtay

I heard that order banks for the Wagoneer Obsidian will open Summer 2021. Would you wait that long or just go with the SIII?
Do you know what initial allocations are like at your dealer?

·
Registered
269 Posts
Welcome to the forum @gregtay! Jeeps press release for the Wagoneer says that orders for the Obsidian open Summer 2021 like @SJ90 said. So if you're willing to wait it's not that long to get the Grand Wagoneer you want

Obsidian (summer 2021) includes 22-inch black wheels, 12-inch Uconnect touchscreen, quad-zone control, Palermo leather-trimmed seats, two-tone roof, front passenger display and Rear Seat Entertainment with dual 10.1-inch screens and Amazon Fire TV for Auto. The exclusive 1,375-watt McIntosh MX1375 Reference Entertainment System, front console cooler and premium color tinted glass, and Convenience Group, featuring night vision, active drive assist and rear-seat monitoring camera are also included.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Congrats! How did you spec it?

Any info on when manufacturing or deliveries are expected?
GW Series III - Silver monotone, black interior, rear video, interior protection package, trailer tow package.

It is in D status but no info on build date....I suspect early summer unless chip shortage affects things.

·
Registered
269 Posts
GW Series III - Silver monotone, black interior, rear video, interior protection package, trailer tow package.

It is in D status but no info on build date....I suspect early summer unless chip shortage affects things.
Great color choice, can't go wrong with that. Jeep has been good on delivery dates this year with vehicles like the new Wrangler 4xe so hopefully that carries over with the Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer.

·
Registered
121 Posts

Nice! Were you considering any other ways to spec it?
How about other vehicles? Anything about the Wagoneer that really stood out to you?

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have no use for pick ups and wanted a comfortable SUV that can tow 10,000 pounds. Im also a big Mopar fan. I'm not thrilled on the looks of the truck especially rear side windows but no other SUV in years can tow this much. I wish they offered tow mirrors too.

I considered a black roof, and I also would have considered a blue exterior color had Jeep made it available now as opposed to who knows when. Not many answers from the consigliere.

·
Registered
3 Posts
You cant select options, not that I could see.
According to my dealership there isn’t a lot of options once you pick certain trims, but I would recommend calling & talking to a sales manager. I literally just told the sales manager at the dealership I go to that I didn’t want any option left out, I know he said something about Wagoneer premium floor mats but I’m not sure what else he said. I opted for the Series III Premium Package with every option & my price is $110375.00+$699 delivery & handling charge=$111,074.00 obviously before taxes. Not sure what everyone else has for papers but I have a Vehicle Buyers Order that was kinda pre-done to secure the vehicle (I know the sales manager). From what he said the vehicle I want was actually one they had already had scheduled to be ordered in their system & when I ordered it was the last day they could make any changes to it. I’m assuming I should have a VIN soon.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Reserved Monday, ordered yesterday, dealer confirmed allotment today. No other news yet. GW SIII Premium White, Black Roof, Tupelo interior, Tow Package. Dealer informed me to wait on floor mats and order through parts department. If you order on build Jeep won’t send the carpet mats with it.
78 Cherokee Widetrack Levi’s Edition (working on frame off restoration)
55 CJ5 Original
17 JKU Chief Edition Chief Blue
17 JK Chief Edition Rhino

·
Registered
81 Posts
Reserved Monday, ordered yesterday, dealer confirmed allotment today. No other news yet. GW SIII Premium White, Black Roof, Tupelo interior, Tow Package. Dealer informed me to wait on floor mats and order through parts department. If you order on build Jeep won’t send the carpet mats with it.
55 CJ5 Original
Darn, didn't know I would lose carpet mats with that interior protection package. Too late to change my order.

·
Registered
121 Posts
55 CJ5 Original
Welcome to the forum @WIJeepFamily!
How much did they charge for the mats? Did you notice any other basic accessories that we also have to order separately? Would also be interested in knowing what allocations are at your dealer. Thanks.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Welcome to the forum @WIJeepFamily!
How much did they charge for the mats? Did you notice any other basic accessories that we also have to order separately? Would also be interested in knowing what allocations are at your dealer. Thanks.
Wagoneer hasn’t released part numbers yet so I’m not sure what the price will be for the floor mats. We also held off on the cargo tray and will get that through parts department. We’re the 3rd GW allocated to our dealer. I know they also have at least one regular Wagoneer allocated for their showroom. The dealer is adding on and remodeling their showroom just for the Wagoneer line to give the full customer experience, supposedly that gets them a few extra allocations.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just ordered my Obsidian today!! They confirmed that the order in is!

I reserved an Obsidian... so no go for me but my dealer did call and let me know that the order banks are open for everything else and If I wanted so switch models and order a SIII I could do so. Just curious if anyone has any info on how long it will be before the Obsidian package is orderable.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I wonder when the first orders will actually roll off the assembly line. Summer 2022 is all we know. Wish we knew month etc...

1 - 20 of 57 Posts