Jeep Wagoneer Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Grand Wagoneer Concept press release says the following:

"Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer production vehicles to be built in metro Detroit next year"

What exactly is the difference between Wagoneer vs. Grand Wagoneer? The above statement reads to me like there will be two distinct models.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Details is light but its either one of the below:

1. Grand wagoneer is luxury version to wagoneers mainstream, I.e. wagoneer = yukon, grand wagoneer = escalade.

2. Wagoneer is short wheelbase, grand wagoneer is long wheelbase.

Im leaning towards opt 1 based off how they were talking about it during the live event.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Details is light but its either one of the below:

1. Grand wagoneer is luxury version to wagoneers mainstream, I.e. wagoneer = yukon, grand wagoneer = escalade.

2. Wagoneer is short wheelbase, grand wagoneer is long wheelbase.

Im leaning towards opt 1 based off how they were talking about it during the live event.
With the shorter wheelbase, will the Wagoneer only offer two rows of seats?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Odds are the Wagoneer can be configured with third row seats like the Tahoe.
2020 and older models had cramped seating, but for 2021 Chevrolet made some BIG changes. Judging from the size of the Grand Wagoneer, the smaller wheelbase Wagoneer might be closer to the outgoing Tahoe.

·
Registered
10 Posts
No, its a full sized suv. Especially now with the standards set by ford and toyota(gm finally cleared that bar), it will be expected to offer three rows with atleast 35in of legroom in the rear and 20cu ft of speace behind it. Jeep is already claiming best in class passenger volume, so looking fwd to details and specs. I had a 2018 ford expedition and the space it had was nothing short of phenomenal.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I wish Jeep revealed the production model(s) instead of the "concept". It seems production ready already. They're being too coy with what it's going to actually look like.

·
Registered
10 Posts
agreed. I hope they used the concept to finalize and add design elements to it. Im shocked there hasnt been anymore production model spy photos since may.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts