Jeep Wagoneer Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Little over a week with my new Wagoneer Series I Carbide and loving it. So far zero defects and only needed to go to the owner's manual a few times to figure a few things out. Probably the most comfortable vehicle I've ever owned.

However, I'm finding that the headrest either doesn't go up far enough or back enough. The bottom of the headrest digs into my shoulders. Definitely not made for really tall people.

Does anyone know how to remove the driver's headrest? Can't find any release button like most every other car. I'm thinking that for a temporary fix I could just reverse the headrest. Probably not the best solution, but at least it wouldn't dig into my shoulders.

A better solution may be to reverse the metal supports or fabricate new ones. Right now they're angled forward, something that just doesn't work for me. Might anyone know where to get a detailed diagram of what's inside the headrest?

Thanks!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Have. GWS3 and the headrests are not remove able since they are powered. Just set the seat lower and or raise the headrest with the power buttons on the seat adjustment levers on the drivers door. If not a GW I have no idea.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have. GWS3 and the headrests are not remove able since they are powered. Just set the seat lower and or raise the headrest with the power buttons on the seat adjustment levers on the drivers door. If not a GW I have no idea.
It's a Wagoneer Series I Carbide - absolutely manual headrests, not powered.

Lowering the seat would make zero difference, although it's already at the lowest setting. Headrest is all the way up and back, but the bottom of the head rest still digs into my shoulders.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts