Jeep Wagoneer Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello i have 2 months with my WS2 i got some vossen wheels 22x9.5 since the first week i notice a soft vibration on the steering wheel going 70+ mph i did not pay attention that much i was thinking tires may need to brake in after the 1k miles i took the car to the shop to get tires balance and same issue then i did a road force balance and still same issue i change the tires thinking tires may be the issue and i still have the same issue all whees are under 24lbs of road force brand new tires michelin defender ltx m/s has anyone has similar issues with soft vibration on the steering wheel and passenger seat shaking when empty only.

· Registered
103 Posts
I have aftermarket 24s, exactly the same issue. I've had them rebalanced as well. I'm starting to think it's an alignment issue, dealer is blaming the wheels but I've had two sets on and both did the exact same thing.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Me too i had nitto first and them michelin i have road force balance the wheels 3 times in total everything look fine but vibration still there and the car only has 2k miles i still have the oem wheel i was thinking putting them back and see if vibration stops.

· Registered
103 Posts
Me too i had nitto first and them michelin i have road force balance the wheels 3 times in total everything look fine but vibration still there and the car only has 2k miles i still have the oem wheel i was thinking putting them back and see if vibration stops.
I wish I could try that, I have my own tires on another set of wheels! Doh! Keep me posted what you find out, I'm heading back to the dealer soon once they get my new taillight in and I'm going to have them dig into it.

· Registered
103 Posts
I think i found the issue and it was the hub rings i had 78.1mm to 106.10mm but jeep its 77.8mm and that small difference can cause vibration i did change them and the vibration stop.
Hey just checking if you're still good there? I'm having issues still, going for road force balanced tomorrow and my tpms don't work so I'm hoping the can help!!

· Registered
11 Posts
Hello, have a Grand Wagoneer Series III and have a little over 10K miles on it.

At a little over 2K miles started to vibrate. All stock wheels and tires.

First tried rotate and balancing tires, no change. Then went to dealership for front end alignment, no change. Then dealership said it needed a new wheel and tire, so $1700.00 later, and still have the same vibration as before, no change.

Been at the dealership now for 45 days and no answers.

Wagoneer tells me they are going to Goodyear to get them to pay for a new set of tires but the dealership took the wheels and tires from another Grand Wagoneer and installed them on ours with no change to the vibration.

Dealership will not even return my calls now for a status update.

Anyone here experiencing this with the stock set up?

Are there any known fixes for this?

Insane to spend $120K on a vehicle that no one can fix with only 10K miles!!!

Any ideas would be very appreciated!

· Registered
26 Posts
Our Series III Wagoneer started shaking about a month after we purchased it in May 2022, around 2k miles. The vibration got progressively worse to the point I had to pull into the local dealership one day in early June for help. It had also been having blind spot and collision avoidance sensor failures and shut downs, the phone had issues syncing, the map and backup cameras froze, and the radio was freezing up.

#1 - The dealership replaced the front radar and did a forced road balance in early June, and said it was fixed. It was not. Still vibrating and shaking but now the speeds were lower, instead of 70s, it was now shaking and having vibration around 65 mph. Sensor failures continued and got worse. At one point it was dinging and lighting up so badly for at least 3-5 minutes, so we had to pull over and restart the vehicle.

#2 - Returned to the dealership for a second time in late June and this time it spent more than 30 days in the shop while we racked up a ~$7k rental bill. They then attempted to pull the tires off another Wagoneer which they said fixed the vibration issue. But they didn't give us those tires, instead they started a warranty claim on the Nexen tires, but didn't know how long that would take. They were also waiting for a software pushed update at the end of July that supposedly was going to fix the sensor issue, but it turned out to be for the radio only. Wagoneer had agreed to pick up the bill on the rental but were not wanting to pay for it any more, so directed me to pick up my vehicle unfixed and drive it until the tire warranty was worked out. I personally felt this was unacceptable for me to have to put my child in a vehicle with problem tires and a failed collision avoidance system, but was backed into a corner, so we did.

#3 - After a few days of still dealing with the same issues, we couldn't handle the worry anymore, and went back to the dealership to purchase ~$1k in new tires out of our pocket. It took them over a week to install them because the replacement tires weren't fixing the issue. They told us one of the rims was now bad and one of the new tires was bad, but supposedly had finally fixed that and swapped out the rim and got a replacement new tire. They did not fix the sensor issue and returned the vehicle to us with our new tires. It still did not solve the vibration and shaking issue. It started back up intermittently going down the highway anywhere between 65-77 mph. It is not a consistent shaking or vibration issue, but it can be felt in the steering wheel and also in the front passenger seat. It is very noticeable.

# 4 - Fourth time, now at a new dealer 1 1/2 hours away that had a loaner, started last Friday in late August (we had to wait for a dealer to have a loaner since Wagoneer refused to pay for any more rentals per our case manager). THE SERIES III LOANER WITH ~2K MILES HAS A WORSE SHAKING AND VIBRATION ISSUE THAN OURS!!! And the navigation system in the driver dash on the loaner was freezing, and now has turned to a purple color and can't be read, like an old 80s video game. Dealer is working on a new loaner but it's been a week so far. We have filed Texas lemon law on the vehicle.

· Registered
26 Posts
Hello, have a Grand Wagoneer Series III and have a little over 10K miles on it.

At a little over 2K miles started to vibrate. All stock wheels and tires.

First tried rotate and balancing tires, no change. Then went to dealership for front end alignment, no change. Then dealership said it needed a new wheel and tire, so $1700.00 later, and still have the same vibration as before, no change.

Been at the dealership now for 45 days and no answers.

Wagoneer tells me they are going to Goodyear to get them to pay for a new set of tires but the dealership took the wheels and tires from another Grand Wagoneer and installed them on ours with no change to the vibration.

Dealership will not even return my calls now for a status update.

Anyone here experiencing this with the stock set up?

Are there any known fixes for this?

Insane to spend $120K on a vehicle that no one can fix with only 10K miles!!!

Any ideas would be very appreciated!
Same issues. I PM'd you.

· Registered
11 Posts
RobTX thank you so very much for your post and further info! Yes, I have told the dealership multiple times that the driveshaft is most likely the issue, but got nowhere there. They are stuck on the warranty claim for the goodyear tires, which we all know is not going to fix the vibration issue. Dealer is waiting on new tires directly from Goodyear so there are no quality control issues . . . :cool:

We are now at our third trip to the third different dealership, and now over two month into this and we are just now getting Goodyear to send new tires. WOW, what a mess!!

RobTX can you PLEASE let me know how the Lemon Law Claim goes for you! We have an attorney ready to send in the Demand Letter for the Lemon Law Claim, but decided to wait to see if the new tires did anything.

Please do let me know how you approached your Lemon Law Claim, as ours was purchased in Texas as well. Would love to see how your claim plays out and if you have any extra advice from your attorney on how best to submit this lawsuit.

Thank you again soooo very much for your post and info here! SO FRUSTRATING TO SPEND THIS MUCH MONEY FOR A VEHICLE and have such terrible service from Wagoneer Client Services and the Dealership! WCS does not stand up to the amazing service they advertise!!

· Registered
26 Posts
RobTX thank you so very much for your post and further info! Yes, I have told the dealership multiple times that the driveshaft is most likely the issue, but got nowhere there. They are stuck on the warranty claim for the goodyear tires, which we all know is not going to fix the vibration issue. Dealer is waiting on new tires directly from Goodyear so there are no quality control issues . . . :cool:

We are now at our third trip to the third different dealership, and now over two month into this and we are just now getting Goodyear to send new tires. WOW, what a mess!!

RobTX can you PLEASE let me know how the Lemon Law Claim goes for you! We have an attorney ready to send in the Demand Letter for the Lemon Law Claim, but decided to wait to see if the new tires did anything.

Please do let me know how you approached your Lemon Law Claim, as ours was purchased in Texas as well. Would love to see how your claim plays out and if you have any extra advice from your attorney on how best to submit this lawsuit.

Thank you again soooo very much for your post and info here! SO FRUSTRATING TO SPEND THIS MUCH MONEY FOR A VEHICLE and have such terrible service from Wagoneer Client Services and the Dealership! WCS does not stand up to the amazing service they advertise!!
No problem, sorry to hear you are going through it as well. Our attorney and DMV said we can't really do anything until we send the 30-day letter and that timeframe is satisfied, which it now has been. Texas Lemon Law | TxDMV.gov has a template to use. We are going lemon law because I want a buy-back at the state's regulated rates, instead of taking it in the rear for a trade in. We were going to trade for a Grand Cherokee limited, but the guy at the service center said those have had just as many software problems, so we are probably going with another brand. We also have ~$1k in tires we purchased and ~$7k in rentals we still have not been reimbursed for.

I guess we will be moving forward full speed now with Lemon Law. The new dealership we drove 1.5 hrs to called to say they couldn't duplicate the issues and to pick up the vehicle. I confronted them that I tracked the 4th visit on my Wagoneer app and took photos while doing so (speed, boundary and ignition), and they finally admitted they were in traffic and on access roads so never kept the vehicle at the speed necessary to duplicate the shaking and vibration issue. They also said (even though the service guy saw the blind spot sensor fail while it was idling in the drop off area), they couldn't replicate it and updated the software so we were good to go. We are currently refusing to pick up the vehicle until it is properly road tested.

In all, the vehicle was in the bay and on the test drive a TOTAL of a little more than one hour, after it sat there for a week. Somehow when we called Wagoneer, we accidentally got to the STAR center where the technician support guy looked it up and said the last technical call/case on that vehicle was made in early June and had been closed. So given this information, I do not even feel like they are really trying to fix this at all at the dealer level.

Will keep you posted.

· Registered
11 Posts
Went to pick up our Grand Wagoneer yesterday after being at the dealership for 71 days, and goodyear finally agreeing to replace all four tires, and the vibration is now worse than it was before. Service manager agrees. So back to the drawing board with Wagoneer Client Services, and filing lemon law claim.

· Registered
26 Posts
Went to pick up our Grand Wagoneer yesterday after being at the dealership for 71 days, and goodyear finally agreeing to replace all four tires, and the vibration is now worse than it was before. Service manager agrees. So back to the drawing board with Wagoneer Client Services, and filing lemon law claim.
I'm so sorry to hear that. We just got ours back too. Left it an extra week after they admitted to not doing an adequate road test. I guess we pissed them off by calling them out and using the app to track them, because they flat out refused to look at it again. We're taking it back to the original service dealership for a final look, and Wagoneer is sending their engineer. Good news is we now have 4 visits for the same thing under belt and well over 30 days in the shop, so we should easily qualify for Texas lemon law. Wagoneer now has it in review for a buyback. Giving them a chance by COB tomorrow to do the right thing first, but our patience is now over. If they decline, we will go full lemon law with our attorney on Monday.

The vibration is almost constant now. Worse than ever. The Goodyear tires WE paid for didn't fix ours either. I'm actually very worried about our safety in this vehicle.

· Registered
26 Posts
We got the vehicle back from the 5th service appt Saturday (Wagoneer engineer flew down and drove it) and have yet to see any notes on the visit. It is still shaking and vibrating as we drive down the highway. But now, the collision avoidance system is totally failing. It's not just the blindspot sensor shutting it down, but now the ABS. An ABS warning light has gone off a few times now and today the rear brakes / tires locked up while my husband was braking. No one will call me back at Wagoneer or return my emails from FCA.

I stopped by the dealership and he witnessed the blind spot sensor failure. I'm taking it back to the local dealership again tomorrow morning. Hopefully we don't all die in a car accident from a braking failure in the meantime.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts