Jeep Wagoneer Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello i have 2 months with my WS2 i got some vossen wheels 22x9.5 since the first week i notice a soft vibration on the steering wheel going 70+ mph i did not pay attention that much i was thinking tires may need to brake in after the 1k miles i took the car to the shop to get tires balance and same issue then i did a road force balance and still same issue i change the tires thinking tires may be the issue and i still have the same issue all whees are under 24lbs of road force brand new tires michelin defender ltx m/s has anyone has similar issues with soft vibration on the steering wheel and passenger seat shaking when empty only.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have aftermarket 24s, exactly the same issue. I've had them rebalanced as well. I'm starting to think it's an alignment issue, dealer is blaming the wheels but I've had two sets on and both did the exact same thing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Me too i had nitto first and them michelin i have road force balance the wheels 3 times in total everything look fine but vibration still there and the car only has 2k miles i still have the oem wheel i was thinking putting them back and see if vibration stops.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Me too i had nitto first and them michelin i have road force balance the wheels 3 times in total everything look fine but vibration still there and the car only has 2k miles i still have the oem wheel i was thinking putting them back and see if vibration stops.
I wish I could try that, I have my own tires on another set of wheels! Doh! Keep me posted what you find out, I'm heading back to the dealer soon once they get my new taillight in and I'm going to have them dig into it.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I think i found the issue and it was the hub rings i had 78.1mm to 106.10mm but jeep its 77.8mm and that small difference can cause vibration i did change them and the vibration stop.
Hey just checking if you're still good there? I'm having issues still, going for road force balanced tomorrow and my tpms don't work so I'm hoping the can help!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts