Jeep Wagoneer Forum banner
121 - 133 of 133 Posts

· Registered
102 Posts
Hi everybody. Any updates on these issues? We purchased our 2022 Jeep Wagoneer June 25th. I drove it home, got out, opened the rear door and pushed the button to put the seat forward and it was broken. I immediately took the vehicle back to the dealership. Two men, who I believe thought I didn’t know how to put the seat forward, tugged, pulled, pushed, hit the seat and finally said “well, I guess you’re right, it doesn’t work”. Service was closed, it was a Friday so they asked me to come back Monday morning. Over the weekend, the uconnect never worked. It worked intermittently over the next few months with constant radio resets. When I took the vehicle to the dealership and explained this, they said “well, we’re glad you got it working”…. It has never worked the way it was described it would when we purchased. In addition, where one of the tvs attach, there is a piece there that was falling off when we bought it. They ordered that piece and they fixed it when they “fixed” the seat the first time. I took the car home, the seat broke again in a day or two, I took it back, they ordered a whole new seat assembly. A week or so later, the assembly arrived. On install they broke something, ordered the part and asked that I bring it back in two weeks for them to fix that too. Throughout all of the visits the Uconnect never worked properly. No sound, screens won’t play in the back, won’t display up front, front passenger doesn’t work. The dealership explains that they do not know how to fix it. I discover the radio reset from these forums, again that works from time to time.…. We were able to get it to work about 10% of the time. When I explained this to the dealership, they say they can’t do anything if it working when I bring it in. Flash forward a few weeks…. I came home from the grocery store, had some bags in the front passenger seat. I walk around the car, open the door, retrieve the bags and take them to my kitchen. When I came back to the car, the front passenger door will not close. I try again and again and again…. Nothing. I call the dealership, they say call wagoneer services…. Wagoneer services has to call a tow truck because I can’t take it to the dealership with the passenger door hanging open and they said no when I offered to bungee the door of my new $60k car closed. It sits at the dealership for weeks, a new door mechanism is ordered, the car is returned. Uconnect issues still not resolved. On October 14th, the rear screens suddenly will no longer turn on. I go through All the troubleshooting that has worked for no sound or no picture display (but screens were always on)…. Nothing works. I contact Wagoneer Services first because of my terrible experience so far with the dealership and specifically the uconnect. Wagoneer says to call the dealership. I call the dealership, they state they do not have a loaner for us, they aren’t sure when they will have a loaner and they say they will call when they do. I call everyday, no change in status. On October 26th, still no loaner for us, my family brought an extra car up from SC for us to use so we can take our new wagoneer to the dealership for them to keep and diagnose and hopefully fix. When I called to tell them I was coming to drop the car off, the dealership tried to refuse to take my car insisting they didn’t have a loaner. I told them I didn’t care about a loaner, I dropped it off for repair on that day. After more week we were told a new head unit had been ordered and would be delivered on November 7th and they would install and return the car to me that day. I called on November 7th and they informed me it would not be delivered until November 14th, and they would fix it and return it to me that day. We are approaching end of day on November 14th. I reached out this morning, no one has called me back or messaged me from the dealership. Wagoneer services returned my call to tell me they show the part will not be delivered until the 16th. I forgot to mention, a buyback was requested. Wagoneer denied it. Buyer beware. I love that car. I have immense regret over not leaving it on the lot that first afternoon when it was broken , on June 25th. I should have walked away at that moment. Since June 25th, the dealership has had our new car for over 60 days. We have taken their loaner on 2 vacations and cancelled a 3rd because the drive was too long for the kids. Again, buyer beware. In the vent wagoneer makes this right, I am happy to return here and share that wonderful news. I have little faith this is going to change. We are exploring our options with our state lemon law…. Because as many of you have stated, we paid for it, it should work or be resolved.
You have a lot of patience. Sorry for all this trouble! I would consider carefully documenting every issue with dealer calls and visits details and timelines and contacting a lemon law lower. Once the vehicle passes 12 months in service, you can't claim lemon law. this seems to be a combination of a very poor dealership and wagoneer customer service. Online, the PR is that with every wagoneer, they give you a pledge to pick up and service your car and provide a loaner and bring back your wagoneer washed/cleaned and with a full tank of gas! from your story, none of that happened, did it? smh....

· Registered
1 Posts
Similar issue on our Wagoneer with rear seat audio. (can’t speak to the Usb issues.) The rear screen mirroring worked sporadically when we picked up the vehicle a few weeks ago. But half the time the “Rear Seat” option would be simply absent from the source list. After trying a number of things unsuccessfully - including taking back to the dealer and having them look at it - I tried a factory reset to the Uconnect system. Now, although the Fire Tv screens in the back continue to work well, the center console and front passenger displays show only “This service is not currently available on the front seat displays” instead of mirroring the screens AND cannot stream the audio over the vehicle speakers - AND the Rear Seat audio source option continues to only display sporadically.

Quite embarrassing, I bought this expensive vehicle and system to help my wife with the stress of young children. Instead it’s only added to her frustrations.

Am I missing something here? Any help is appreciated!

Kirk
I have the same exact issue as Kirk. Just bought my 2022 Series 3 2 months ago and now the FireTV control is not showing up on the front screen. What’s the fix?

· Registered
111 Posts
I have the same exact issue as Kirk. Just bought my 2022 Series 3 2 months ago and now the FireTV control is not showing up on the front screen. What’s the fix?
Hi tstrine,

I'm sorry you're experiencing this as well. Feel welcome to send us a private message, including your VIN, and we can look into it for you.

Steph
Wagoneer Client Services

· Registered
6 Posts
I am somewhat regretting having my W3 updated because my rear entertainment was working just fine. My rear entertainment module got updated with RSU 22-150 (rear screen blank fix) and then I started getting screen not available error causing me unable to control the rear screen. It now stays blank upon startup. So I went to get TSB that many have mentioned in the thread but it is still not working. Dealer mentioned that there is another RTV UPDATE (i think it stands rear entertainment) which is expected to take 2hrs. I am taking it in upcoming Monday. I will post whether it fixed it or not.

· Registered
6 Posts
I am somewhat regretting having my W3 updated because my rear entertainment was working just fine. My rear entertainment module got updated with RSU 22-150 (rear screen blank fix) and then I started getting screen not available error causing me unable to control the rear screen. It now stays blank upon startup. So I went to get TSB that many have mentioned in the thread but it is still not working. Dealer mentioned that there is another RTV UPDATE (i think it stands rear entertainment) which is expected to take 2hrs. I am taking it in upcoming Monday. I will post whether it fixed it or not.
Well, went to dealer and spent 2-3hrs on rear entertainment update but it did not fix the problem. However, it's intermittent now. I sometimes get control of rear entertainment screens from the front and sometime I do not. I already tried soft and hard reset after the update but still the same. Dealer didn't know where else to look and said they would need to open up a STAR case but they need to be in possession of vehicle while they work it out JEEP engineer which I refused. I really hope there is an update coming to address this issue. It was working fine before I updated rear entertainment module so I am really regretting it lol.

· Registered
111 Posts
Well, went to dealer and spent 2-3hrs on rear entertainment update but it did not fix the problem. However, it's intermittent now. I sometimes get control of rear entertainment screens from the front and sometime I do not. I already tried soft and hard reset after the update but still the same. Dealer didn't know where else to look and said they would need to open up a STAR case but they need to be in possession of vehicle while they work it out JEEP engineer which I refused. I really hope there is an update coming to address this issue. It was working fine before I updated rear entertainment module so I am really regretting it lol.
Hi BatmanWag,

I'm sorry this has been a bother! We're happy to check for any available updates regarding your concerns. Feel welcome to PM us to discuss further.

Steph
Wagoneer Client Services

· Registered
1 Posts
We are having the same issues. We cannot hear our rear screens through the car speakers or control them from the front passenger display. We have had it to the dealership twice (including different dealerships) without this issue being resolved. The latest visit, the dealership started a star case, which has also not resolved the problem. These screens were an added expense and "splurge" for my family. They have turned into nothing but a giant headache and inconvenience for all of us.

· Registered
111 Posts
We are having the same issues. We cannot hear our rear screens through the car speakers or control them from the front passenger display. We have had it to the dealership twice (including different dealerships) without this issue being resolved. The latest visit, the dealership started a star case, which has also not resolved the problem. These screens were an added expense and "splurge" for my family. They have turned into nothing but a giant headache and inconvenience for all of us.
Hi frod,

Our team can assist with additional support for your concerns! Feel free to PM us your VIN and the name of your servicing dealership to discuss further.

Steph
Wagoneer Client Services

· Registered
26 Posts
I find it funny this thread is still going. I’m on year 1.5 of my GW Series III almost 23000 miles. Rear entertainment functions still don’t work. They never will. There is no software update coming. Dealers have no fix. Its just broken and there is very little chance if you’re in this ”Service not currently available“ state that it it will ever work. You can take your car in all you want eventually the dealer will just get tired of dealing with it. Wagoneer services can’t help you escalate it. Just live with it broken like I have or get rid of the vehicle.

· Registered
6 Posts
So I think I may have found a solution (at least it's working out for me so far). As I have mentioned I had two updates done to the rear TV module (blank screen fix and something else) and after the update rear tv control from the front screen started not working. It was working all fine prior to update. I tried soft and hard reset of uconnect 5 which did not fix the issue. I noticed that in TSB for rear TV, it mentioned to disconnect VRM (Video Routing Module) if rear screen is not turning on. I found VRM underneath passenger seat (it's a thin silver box which is attached to the floor) and disconnected a thick black cable (located left side of the cable panel) and two other cable (located right side of the cable panel). I left two blue cables alone which I suspect they connect to left and right rear screens. I disconnected those wries for about a minute, reconnected those wires and restarted uconnect 5 (restart radio or hold both power and tuning knob for few seconds) and it started working for me. I have yet ran into an instance where it did not work for me. Hopefully it works for everyone else here and I am not saying this is the solution but a possible solution and throwing out there what worked for me.

· Registered
9 Posts
So I think I may have found a solution (at least it's working out for me so far). As I have mentioned I had two updates done to the rear TV module (blank screen fix and something else) and after the update rear tv control from the front screen started not working. It was working all fine prior to update. I tried soft and hard reset of uconnect 5 which did not fix the issue. I noticed that in TSB for rear TV, it mentioned to disconnect VRM (Video Routing Module) if rear screen is not turning on. I found VRM underneath passenger seat (it's a thin silver box which is attached to the floor) and disconnected a thick black cable (located left side of the cable panel) and two other cable (located right side of the cable panel). I left two blue cables alone which I suspect they connect to left and right rear screens. I disconnected those wries for about a minute, reconnected those wires and restarted uconnect 5 (restart radio or hold both power and tuning knob for few seconds) and it started working for me. I have yet ran into an instance where it did not work for me. Hopefully it works for everyone else here and I am not saying this is the solution but a possible solution and throwing out there what worked for me.
Thanks.. will let you know if this works for me.

· Registered
111 Posts
Hello everyone,

We wanted to update you all on our progress towards resolving some of the concerns we have seen here related to the error message when entering the Rear Seat App in the media tab.

Per STAR Case S238A000004, an app over the air update is expected to be deployed to the Uconnect system in early February, though timing may vary and is subject to change. Once you receive this update, the concern will be resolved. As always, if you have any questions or additional concerns related to your vehicle, please feel free to send us a private message. We are always happy to help.

Font Screenshot Parallel Electronic device Technology

Steph
Wagoneer Client Services

121 - 133 of 133 Posts