Jeep Wagoneer Forum banner
61 - 80 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Mine spent a week in the shop - I showed them this TSB. A Jeep engineer came in. Star case opened.… Nothing worked. Just got told there is “engineering says nothing can fix it except for another magical Q2 software update”

I am sad to say I requested buyback today. I suspect I’ll get rejected for that but dang it I want this fixed. Many GWs sold have this feature working. Mine should too. Its not my job to finance Jeep’s R&D.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Mine spent a week in the shop - I showed them this TSB. A Jeep engineer came in. Star case opened.… Nothing worked. Just got told there is “engineering says nothing can fix it except for another magical Q2 software update”

I am sad to say I requested buyback today. I suspect I’ll get rejected for that but dang it I want this fixed. Many GWs sold have this feature working. Mine should too. Its not my job to finance Jeep’s R&D.
So i received my GW series 3 on May 18th 2022. As the saleswoman was showing me the features to ensure i know how everything works the screen glitched out three times. Had to reset the uconnect to get it to work. So this was a concern right from the start day 1. Well Now my theater app is completely missing, you cannot even get to the rear screens from the main console, its greyed out. But before that happened i was having the same issue everyone on here is having where you cannot control the rear screens from the main console nor could i have sound come through all the speakers from a video playing on the rear screens nor could i mirror the left screen with the right and vice versa. Same error, this feature is not available or something along those lines. Well yesterday i dropped my GW off at services. They told me some engineer or grand wagoneer technician is going to look at it. Turns out they decided not to show up because its memorial weekend so they said i have to wait until tuesday. I also showed them the TSB that was mentioned in this thread. They said they need to confirm my vehicle qualifies for this TSB. The whole week i had the vehicle i tried doing updates and no updates were even available.

So at this point.. what can you do when you purchase a brand new vehicle and right from the start it arrives "damaged". Less than 200 miles on the vehicle. Whats this buy back option? I traded in a nice 2019 Grand Sport to get this GW. What are my options? Because it doesnt seem like Jeep knows how to fix this.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I don’t know the details yet - but essentially under lemon law if they can’t fix a problem with your vehicle you can petition to have it bought back or traded out. For me I just want the entertainment system to function correctly. I love EVERYTHING else about the vehicle but I’m mad as heck that after 8 months I can’t get the rear seat controls and audio to work correctly.

Jeep keeps claiming there is a “magical software patch coming in Q2” which is rapidly drawing to a close. You can petition for a buyback where you will lose some money based on your usage. I have heard that some people are offered to swap for another vehicle.

I don’t know what will end up happening with mine. I’m going to give it till around 10k miles and if I don’t see a fix I will sell it, take the hit, and buy something German or Japanese which I’ve never done before.

·
Registered
19 Posts
No fix for me yet - some people are saying a over the air software update fixes it but I haven’t received it. I’ve been living with this issue since November. I spent a week in the shop and they couldn’t fix it either.

·
Registered
33 Posts

So i received my GW series 3 on May 18th 2022. As the saleswoman was showing me the features to ensure i know how everything works the screen glitched out three times. Had to reset the uconnect to get it to work. So this was a concern right from the start day 1. Well Now my theater app is completely missing, you cannot even get to the rear screens from the main console, its greyed out. But before that happened i was having the same issue everyone on here is having where you cannot control the rear screens from the main console nor could i have sound come through all the speakers from a video playing on the rear screens nor could i mirror the left screen with the right and vice versa. Same error, this feature is not available or something along those lines. Well yesterday i dropped my GW off at services. They told me some engineer or grand wagoneer technician is going to look at it. Turns out they decided not to show up because its memorial weekend so they said i have to wait until tuesday. I also showed them the TSB that was mentioned in this thread. They said they need to confirm my vehicle qualifies for this TSB. The whole week i had the vehicle i tried doing updates and no updates were even available.

So at this point.. what can you do when you purchase a brand new vehicle and right from the start it arrives "damaged". Less than 200 miles on the vehicle. Whats this buy back option? I traded in a nice 2019 Grand Sport to get this GW. What are my options? Because it doesnt seem like Jeep knows how to fix this.
Hi @Moosen and @dman4566,
Sorry to hear about these concerns! Feel free to send us a PM with your VIN for further assistance.

Sarah
WagoneerCxSvc

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi @WagoneerCxSvc

Sent you pm containing my vin. Current situation is my car is sitting at the dealer with their services team. Has been there since Friday May 27, 2022. Was told Grand Wagoneer owners get some sort of "special" treatment or something. Was told that because its a grand Wagoneer it goes to the front of the line for service or something. Seems like something made up just to get you to drive off the lot with the vehicle. Haven't heard a word back about my vehicle other than 1 text message that had a link in it that tells me the status of my vehicle. Currently the status says awaiting Technician Inspection. Has been like that since Friday May 27, 2022.

Current issues :

• Theater app completely missing from the vehicle.
  • Rear Seat button greyed out when trying to view from main console
  • Display not available or function unavailable when trying to view any rear screens from the main console
  • cannot pass sound through car speakers from rear screens
  • Cannot mirror what is being played on rear screens left to right and right to left or from passenger screen or from main console.

Vehicle has 237 miles on it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
@dman4566

The rear entertainment problems are well known. I’ve tried and failed, had a STAR case opened and was told to sit and wait on a software fix thats coming in June…Also its currently June…. When mine was in the shop an “engineer” came and looked at it from out of town and suggested ordering a VRM. Jeep service declined to send and told me that it wouldn’t fix it and I would have to wait on the software fix.

@WagoneerCxSvc Jeep must be abundantly aware by now that the Rear entertainment software is broken (sound over speakers, controlling rear screens, etc). I can sometimes get it working after repeated resets of the rear fire TVs and the front head unit. After my initial excitement getting it working my hopes are dashed where after sitting in my garage overnight the system resorts to a non-functioning state. I’ve pretty much abandoned hope that Jeep will ever fix this or at least in a timely manor. Once I get back from our family vacation with the non-functioning rear entertainment I will resume pursuit of buyback/trade out or sell this dog so its someone else’s problem.

·
Registered
4 Posts
so i reached out to dealership since they havnt reached out to me. Latest update is Star case opened. Engineer sent some specific instructions. Waiting for update. Seems similar to @Moosen , so i expect no resolution here. Is this what everyone has been talking about when it comes to Jeep's quality issues in their vehicle and poor customer service? I read so much about it and yet i still went out and bought a jeep. First person that heard i was buying a wagoneer replied with "i would never spend 100k+ on a Jeep". Ouch.

·
Registered
19 Posts
so i reached out to dealership since they havnt reached out to me. Latest update is Star case opened. Engineer sent some specific instructions. Waiting for update. Seems similar to @Moosen , so i expect no resolution here. Is this what everyone has been talking about when it comes to Jeep's quality issues in their vehicle and poor customer service? I read so much about it and yet i still went out and bought a jeep. First person that heard i was buying a wagoneer replied with "i would never spend 100k+ on a Jeep". Ouch.
My frustration is APART from software issues its a great vehicle and feels like a $100k car. The problem is Jeep launched a half complete vehicle that is completely dependent on software that was half baked at best. If I was getting fixes and improvements monthly it would be one thing but instead I’m getting silence and “just wait“.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We are running into several issues with our rear entertainment system on our Wagoneer Series III. I summarized the major things below. I was wondering if anyone else has run into these issues and if they have resolved them in some way.

1. No Sound for Rear Entertainment Screens -- We are not able to get the sound to play through the car speakers for the content playing on the rear entertainment screens. We click 'Listen' on the Media screen for rear entertainment, but no sound. I have also gone into sources and selected listen to the rear screen 1 or 2. Only way to get sound is plug in headphones.

2. USB video content only recognized on one screen -- I plugged in a usb flash drive to the 'rear' usb. The content/videos recognize on the passenger rear screen, but not on the driver side rear screen. Same flash drive worked in our 2019 Pacifica. Also when trying to mirror it says device not capable of mirroring to both screens.

Thanks!
Hi.

I have exactly same issue plus the hdmi did not work in the back seat. The jeep service fixed the hdmi issue but the no sound issue still exists.
I have grand wagoneer series III

·
Registered
4 Posts
After 9 days at the dealership I received my vehicle back. I've had it for two days now and it seems as though the issue has been resolved. Surround is available in the vehicle when playing media from any of the rear screens. Mirroring works from left to right and right to left as well as from the main display and passenger screens. So far so good. Fix was the dealership opening up a star case and communicating back and fourth with grand wagoneer technician via email. They factory reset the system and applied some update. Good luck to the rest of you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got my Series 3 GW back in November. I have had the same issue where all I want to do is play a move off a USB drive. It's never worked.

I finally figured out a workaround today and you guys may also find this useful.

1. Download the "Downloader" app on the fire tv device (just do this on a single one you'll use as the primary)

2. Download the "VLC" app (its the best app I've found for playing movie content in weird locations (e.g. directories) on an amazon device)

3. At my house I'm a nerd and I have a local web server that hosts all of our media content such as .mp4's, .mkv's, etc. You can open up the downloader app, navigate to this web server, and click on a file. This file then downloads to a directory ON that fire tv device.

4. Open up VLC, refresh the movie list, and it'll discover whatever movies you have uploaded. I used .mp4's and it worked fine.

5. You can now either trigger playing these from the front console OR the rear tv. It doesn't matter. In the front console, Media > Rear Seat > view the full screen of the fire device you loaded the movies onto. Navigate to the VLC app, start playing the movie.

6. You can now "Listen" in on this tv, it'll play thru the car speakers. You can also then select the 2nd fire tv, trigger mirroing.

I have the 21D2 firmware right now and confirmed this all worked today.

It's not ideal, but its way better then not having any local content at all. My fire tv's appear to have around 7GB of space on them, so if I use some good compression with Handbrake, I can fit about 6 movies for the kids this way.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm still having issues. After being with dealer, was also told to wait for a June sw update for the rear screen mirroring not available in front issue.

I'm still waiting for it. I bought my gw3 April 16th and have had no ota sw updates come through.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same issue with My Wagoneer III. I got it 3 weeks ago, and initially I was able to see and control the rear screens on the front main and front passenger screens, however, after an update I lost all these capabilities. Please let us know if here is a solution to this, I am taking it to the dealership tomorrow!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Like everyone else I'm here for the same reasons. I took our GW III in yesterday & showed them the TSB that was posted on this thread. When we picked up he said he has the front passenger TV working (it does some of the time & it's wonky) but the main front screen will not. Weirdly though, when you start to mirror the back seat & touch the screen it's like the info is in there but it just won't display because it will open whatever movie you clicked on the rear TV. Still nothing comes from the speakers on any screen. We had a JGC when they first came out with the diesel engines & I'm having dejavu.. It was in the shop for 4-6 months for issues & it was such a nightmare.
I'm open to any suggestions if you all have tried to fix it in your own. The service dept basically said they have no clue how to fix it & would have to open a STAR claim. I don't want our brand new car again sitting at a dealership for months while they "troubleshoot". I also was told the same story on the Wagoneer service as you're basically a "vip" and pushed to the front of the line. None of the Jeep dealers in OKC could get us in for weeks nor could provide a loaner (which you're supposed to always get) so we had to take it all the way to where we purchased. (still no loaner though)
I tried to private message the Wagoneer page from here but apparently I had not made sufficient activity to do so & had to post on a thread first?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have all of the same issues reported above (bought a GWIII used about a week ago). My main issue is, the car didn’t come with remotes, and maybe half the time the rear screens come on, and half of that time, the touch screen remote works. I’ve gotten content to load and work with wired headphones, but again, half the time the touch screen is unresponsive so there’s no way for the kids to watch anything. I ordered remotes over a week ago and they’re still not in. Hopefully remotes will fix the fact that the touch screen doesn’t work half the time but we will see. I am taking it in on Wednesday to get a horribly rattling subwoofer issue fixed, and a “software update” done. Hopefully that will fix some of these video/audio issues. I’ll report back afterwards.

61 - 80 of 81 Posts