Jeep Wagoneer Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I am interested in the Wagoneer Series I or II with the heavy-duty towing package for trailering a travel trailer - all weights are under the recommendations given by Jeep. The Wagoneer’s user manual states that a Series I, 4x4, with the heavy-duty towing package (3.92 rear axle ratio), can tow 8,480lbs while a Series II, 4x4, with the heavy-duty towing package (3.92 rear axle ratio), can tow 10,000lbs. (I’m not adding any other package.) The online description for the heavy-duty towing packages for both Series I and II are identical and I can’t seem to find a difference on Jeep’s online comparison tool that would elude to the difference in towing performance. Is anyone aware of any technical or mechanical difference between these two trim levels that would create this increase in towing for the Series II?

Thank you in advance for your time.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello All,

I am interested in the Wagoneer Series I or II with the heavy-duty towing package for trailering a travel trailer - all weights are under the recommendations given by Jeep. The Wagoneer’s user manual states that a Series I, 4x4, with the heavy-duty towing package (3.92 rear axle ratio), can tow 8,480lbs while a Series II, 4x4, with the heavy-duty towing package (3.92 rear axle ratio), can tow 10,000lbs. (I’m not adding any other package.) The online description for the heavy-duty towing packages for both Series I and II are identical and I can’t seem to find a difference on Jeep’s online comparison tool that would elude to the difference in towing performance. Is anyone aware of any technical or mechanical difference between these two trim levels that would create this increase in towing for the Series II?

Thank you in advance for your time.
I wager that the difference is that the SII indicated includes the air suspension, while the SI does not.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts