Jeep Wagoneer Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Experiencing slight thump noise, right side back or front - only when driving off diagonally from the raised driveway. Nothing when driving off in a straight line.
Took it to a dealer, they haven’t found anything. Car drives perfectly quiet even on the bumpy roads. Any thoughts?

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought so too. Went to the dealer they re-torqued. The noise is still there, especially more prominent during colder weather (currently -5 F). Also hearing thump right under the left, driver's side foot. Perhaps it is running boards or body mounts as it is really freezing outside. Noise similar to this:

· Registered
47 Posts
This is really interesting. definitely have noise when running on plowed ice roads (similar to the roads he's running on in the video). As GW is built on a RAM frame very possible to have common parts. I have zero ideas how to replicate this for the dealer. As my dealer is in a suburb and everything interesting happens on the mountain 3.5 hrs away.

This is especially hard as my dealer said I'm one of two owners who actually use the vehicle as engineered, the rest the dealer, said are suburban soccer vehicles that never get pushed.

*I have found lowering the ride height after setting snow or 4 Low does soften everything a bit. I'd love to hear if you can solve this one.

· Registered
5 Posts
I've had a noise at any corner during articulation when cold. (-30 to -40 ambient). I suspect it's the air suspension rubber bags being stiff. It seems to go away after a few minutes of driving.
Does your go away after the vehicle is warmed up?
Does it happen above freezing temps or when coming out of a warm garage?
I wonder if these air suspensions have an issue with condensate turning to ice.

· Registered
47 Posts
Mi
I've had a noise at any corner during articulation when cold. (-30 to -40 ambient). I suspect it's the air suspension rubber bags being stiff. It seems to go away after a few minutes of driving.
Does your go away after the vehicle is warmed up?
Does it happen above freezing temps or when coming out of a warm garage?
I wonder if these air suspensions have an issue with condensate turning to ice.
Mine sits outside - it's really cold when we start out. We pre-run for 10 minutes just to get the cold out and go. This weekend I'll pay more attention. The motor doesn't seem to generate a lot of heat yo the outside.

· Registered
5 Posts
If I start from the garage (and that's above freezing at the worst) I never hear it.
We were traveling at Christmas and parking outside in a cold snap. When first moving and crossing a small incline/decline with a couple inches articulation, there was a clunk. Once I drove around for a while and traveled over the same inline - no sound.
I suspect the air bags need to flex and warm a bit.
Perhaps check out the Ram pickup forums. The higher end 1500s have bag suspensions.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts