Jeep Wagoneer Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive had a variety of issues on my Wagoneer, but the funniest is probably the seat heaters shutting off. I brought it in immediately after purchasing when I noticed the front seat heaters were turning off after 5-10 minutes. It didnt always happen, but it happened a lot. When they turned off, they wouldnt turn back on immediately. They had to cool off, and then you could start them up. There was a wiring issue the dealer found and fixed. A week or two later, I noticed it again. Unfortunately my car broke down before I could get it in again. In dealing with the larger breakdown issue, Wagoneer Customer Satisfaction reached out to discuss the seat heaters. They mentioned it was a known issue that should have a fix coming in January, but to "just run them at medium heat or low and it wont happen." Obviously I was pretty upset to hear this, given how much the vehicle cost and the fact that it is winter. I asked if someone bought an Escalade if they thought Cadillac would tell them to run the seat heaters on low. They didnt find that funny. Getting it back from the dealer for the third time on this one, this time with advanced support from Jeep. Well see how it goes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry to hear about the issues with the seats @Rnichlsn. Did they tell you what the fix was supposed to be for them that's coming in January?

Also, what was the "larger breakdown issue" that happened to your Wagoneer?
No, they did not. They just said it was a known issue and that something was supposed to come in January. However, I worry its just something that lowers the heating levels of high so that they just dont heat up as much and power down. I hope that is not the case, but their advice to me was "just dont turn them on high" which is frustrating given how much we all paid for these cars. The larger breakdown issues were computer meltdowns that happened on startup. All of the lights and computers in the car started flashing. The running boards stopped half way up. Everything just broke and required a computer reset before it would work again. I listed out in a separate post.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Me and my wife noticed this happen today while driving. Now the rear seats didnt shut off or the passenger didnt shut off just the driverside and you couldnt turn them back on until we came to a complete stop. Its weird. Not sure if it correlates to the auto start stop

·
Registered
3 Posts
It only happens to the drivers side on ours. If it’s on high it will shut off after 3 minutes. Then I have to wait about 7 minutes and turn it back on. Our dealer said to keep it on medium or low until the push the software update. It is very frustrating! We are having other issues as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Happens on both driver's and passenger side front seats on ours. Does not seem to correlate to any amount of time--they can turn themselves off after two minutes or stay on for hours with no detectable pattern. Unfortunately, we're dealing with a bigger problem, amplifier battery drain, so waiting until that is resolved to try to troubleshoot the seat heaters shutting off.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ive had a variety of issues on my Wagoneer, but the funniest is probably the seat heaters shutting off. I brought it in immediately after purchasing when I noticed the front seat heaters were turning off after 5-10 minutes. It didnt always happen, but it happened a lot. When they turned off, they wouldnt turn back on immediately. They had to cool off, and then you could start them up. There was a wiring issue the dealer found and fixed. A week or two later, I noticed it again. Unfortunately my car broke down before I could get it in again. In dealing with the larger breakdown issue, Wagoneer Customer Satisfaction reached out to discuss the seat heaters. They mentioned it was a known issue that should have a fix coming in January, but to "just run them at medium heat or low and it wont happen." Obviously I was pretty upset to hear this, given how much the vehicle cost and the fact that it is winter. I asked if someone bought an Escalade if they thought Cadillac would tell them to run the seat heaters on low. They didnt find that funny. Getting it back from the dealer for the third time on this one, this time with advanced support from Jeep. Well see how it goes.
Having the same issue and only had mine for 2 weeks so far :(

·
Registered
3 Posts
Same issue for us along with AC not working. 3 weeks in.:mad:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts