Jeep Wagoneer Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We just picked up our Wagoneer
on the 22nd. The physical engineering inside and out is flawless - except for a few parts on the dashboard where mopar skimped a bit. But the UConnect system has completely diminished our enthusiasm for the Wagoneer. I took it into the shop 5 days after I bought it. It was there for 5 days for reasons 1 and 2 below. It’s now back with reason 1 fixed and reason two they are unsure of when they can get the right part in that MAY fix the issue. And items 3 and 4 were just discovered. The UConnect team has single handedly ruined the Wagoneer experience for us. Here’s what wrong with our UConnect:
1. There is a hissing snare like sounds when using apple Carplay
2. The control functionality for the rear seat entertainment Is missing from on the front screen - so we can’t control or limit what the kids watch nor can we port the audio from their content to the vehicle sounds system.
3. Now we can’t get UConnect to enable apple CarPlay on either (mine or my wife’s) phones. Remember CarPlay is now wireless.
4. Google maps is lagging by 2-3 seconds. So we will physically arrive at a turn 2-3 seconds before the map arrives to it. We missed quite a few turns in unfamiliar areas.

I came to Jeep for my family’s vehicle because of how reliable and dependable my Gladiator has been to me, but I can truly say that I’m a disappointed. I tribally wanted to and thought we would love it.

Its my sincere hope that mine is a lemon and that this does not happen to any of you.

PS: Wagoneer Client service is a repurposed and glorified debt collections call center.

·
Registered
56 Posts
on the 22nd. The physical engineering inside and out is flawless - except for a few parts on the dashboard where mopar skimped a bit. But the UConnect system has completely diminished our enthusiasm for the Wagoneer. I took it into the shop 5 days after I bought it. It was there for 5 days for reasons 1 and 2 below. It’s now back with reason 1 fixed and reason two they are unsure of when they can get the right part in that MAY fix the issue. And items 3 and 4 were just discovered. The UConnect team has single handedly ruined the Wagoneer experience for us. Here’s what wrong with our UConnect:
2. The control functionality for the rear seat entertainment Is missing from on the front screen - so we can’t control or limit what the kids watch nor can we port the audio from their content to the vehicle sounds system.
3. Now we can’t get UConnect to enable apple CarPlay on either (mine or my wife’s) phones. Remember CarPlay is now wireless.
4. Google maps is lagging by 2-3 seconds. So we will physically arrive at a turn 2-3 seconds before the map arrives to it. We missed quite a few turns in unfamiliar areas.

I came to Jeep for my family’s vehicle because of how reliable and dependable my Gladiator has been to me, but I can truly say that I’m a disappointed. I tribally wanted to and thought we would love it.

Its my sincere hope that mine is a lemon and that this does not happen to any of you.

PS: Wagoneer Client service is a repurposed and glorified debt collections call center.
Good afternoon,

We're disheartened to learn about the overall impression you've had with your Uconnect 5 experience. Please do not hesitate to send our Wagoneer Client Services team a private message if you ever run into questions or concerns pertaining to your vehicle ownership. We'd be more than willing to leverage our knowledge and resources to get you aligned with the support necessary to ensure that you're properly taken care. If you're interested in our support, please follow up privately with your VIN and additional details/documentation so we can look into your situation further.

Thank you in advance,

Courtney
Wagoneer Client Services

·
Registered
8 Posts

My Wagoneer has the Carplay and Bluetooth connection issues as well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This totally worked for me, thank you so much! Just a heads up for others- when I did this the first time it actually made the situation worse. So I figured I had nothing to lose and did the reset again and then everything worked perfectly.

·
Registered
2 Posts
What worked??? I have this issue on one I bought today.
Apologies - I posted on the wrong string. However I can tell you that U Connect does not work for the Wagoneer. There is a Wagoneer app that has the functionality Uconnect should provide. The major difference between help videos aren't on the app. You have to go to the website.

My original issue was that the Apply CarPlay app just randomly stopped working. I reset the radio (via settings) - twice - and then it started working again.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Apologies - I posted on the wrong string. However I can tell you that U Connect does not work for the Wagoneer. There is a Wagoneer app that has the functionality Uconnect should provide. The major difference between help videos aren't on the app. You have to go to the website.

My original issue was that the Apply CarPlay app just randomly stopped working. I reset the radio (via settings) - twice - and then it started working again.
I tried radio reset several times but bluetooth would immediately disconnect upon re-adding any device, and I obviously couldn't get Carplay to work either. After doing a factory reset on the radio it seems to be working fine. Just hope it doesn't happen again!

·
Registered
19 Posts
We’ve also had several Uconnect issues. Mostly CarPlay related.

Same sound issues in the initial post, however ours only present in Audiobooks. Probably because the volume needs to be higher when not listening to music.

Our biggest complaint is the connectivity issue with our iPhones. It works sometimes. Sometimes not. Sometimes a reset on the Uconnect works, sometimes not. It’s not consistent.

The CarPlay in my Ram is far more stable.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yeah...I continue to have issues. Carplay keeps cutting out when music is playing, similar to a CD skipping. Sometimes my iPhone connects just fine and sometimes it doesn't. Really disappointing for such a pricey vehicle but I hope it gets worked out.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yeah...I continue to have issues. Carplay keeps cutting out when music is playing, similar to a CD skipping. Sometimes my iPhone connects just fine and sometimes it doesn't. Really disappointing for such a pricey vehicle but I hope it gets worked out.
Same. I think it can probably be fixed with a software update.

It’s frustrating but part of being an early adopter. It’s not specific to this vehicle. Give it time and bugs will be worked out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.