Jeep Wagoneer Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Font Material property Screenshot Parallel Electric blue

Be careful. My axle fell off . Literally. Right rear axle has issues that Stellantis/Jeep is ignoring. My 1 day old grand wagoneer - the axle slipped out of its socket or mounting point destroying the differential and almost caused the car to flip over. Everyone needs to file a complaint with the nhtsa on this axle issue because stellantis doesn't care about solving the problem until someone is killed. At least that's how they are treating me with the severity of the issue and brushing it off. If people need more detail I am happy to elaborate but we were stranded on the highway when the axle blew out. The pattern of problems are the transmission hesitating or temporarily dropping into neutral, car power delivery feeling off and causing a jerk, we are lucky to be alive
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Hood

Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Automotive side marker light Vehicle Car

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Be careful. My axle fell off . Literally. Right rear axle has issues that Stellantis/Jeep is ignoring. My 1 day old grand wagoneer - the axle slipped out of its socket or mounting point destroying the differential and almost caused the car to flip over. Everyone needs to file a complaint with the nhtsa on this axle issue because stellantis doesn't care about solving the problem until someone is killed. At least that's how they are treating me with the severity of the issue and brushing it off. If people need more detail I am happy to elaborate but we were stranded on the highway when the axle blew out. The pattern of problems are the transmission hesitating or temporarily dropping into neutral, car power delivery feeling off and causing a jerk, we are lucky to be alive
The noise you are hearing is the spindle that goes into the differential. Faulty manufacturing is the culprit and the spindle is grinding on the gears of the differential because it is not seated properly there and to the vehicle in 2 places. In turn, eventually it will give and the axle will slip out of place. Causing the differential to go out and ground up. Stellantis was supposed to buy my car a k because the parts were backorder for 2 months but they somehow worked their way around that by dropshipping a new differential from the supplier. I am certain that this problem is not a one off because many of the posts and comments I have read here have the same symptoms I had before the big kahuna.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The noise you are hearing is the spindle that goes into the differential. Faulty manufacturing is the culprit and the spindle is grinding on the gears of the differential because it is not seated properly there and to the vehicle in 2 places. In turn, eventually it will give and the axle will slip out of place. Causing the differential to go out and ground up. Stellantis was supposed to buy my car a k because the parts were backorder for 2 months but they somehow worked their way around that by dropshipping a new differential from the supplier. I am certain that this problem is not a one off because many of the posts and comments I have read here have the same symptoms I had before the big kahuna.
Again, zero codes, zero notice, I was going 75 mph when mine fell out with a family of 5

·
Registered
13 Posts
I guess so. Obviously you have nothing else to do but be cruel.
It is cruel to ask a question?

Should I refer to you by your previous username here (lizbeverly06), or do you prefer Jmayer?

Did GM send you here to try and scare potential buyers? They must really be sweating this thing. It is a great SUV so I can understand their fear. As a matter of fact, I sold my previous GM SUV for the Wagoneer and could not be happier!

Let us all see your Wagoneer! Take a picture of it with your username (Jamyer or Lizbeverly, your choice) in the photo, I would love to see it, I will be waiting.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Should I refer to you by your previous username here (lizbeverly06), or do you prefer Jmayer?

Did GM send you here to try and scare potential buyers? They must really be sweating this thing. It is a great SUV so I can understand their fear. As a matter of fact, I sold my previous GM SUV for the Wagoneer and could not be happier!

Let us all see your Wagoneer! Take a picture of it with your username (Jamyer or Lizbeverly, your choice) in the photo, I would love to see it, I will be waiting.
Okie dokie Mr. know it all. Wrong on every single assumption you made. This is why I don't spend any time on forums because people just lurk around like this. I felt people needed to know because it is a real problem so when your differential and axle falls apart you can apologize. Here are 2 pics. Hopefully the 2 photos is enough evidence to retract your assumptions.

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Here is a other pic Skippy of the work order. I have nothing else to say to you.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Okie dokie Mr. know it all. Wrong on every single assumption you made. This is why I don't spend any time on forums because people just lurk around like this. I felt people needed to know because it is a real problem so when your differential and axle falls apart you can apologize. Here are 2 pics. Hopefully the 2 photos is enough evidence to retract your assumptions.
Here is a other pic Skippy of the work order. I have nothing else to say to you.
Liz, I said post a photo with your username and the vehicle in the same photo.

663 miles on your Grand Wagoneer after 1 day of owning it, impressive!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Whatever dude. I'm not liz and your math is wrong. Look at the dates. Noone said the photo of the mileage was from 2-3 weeks ago. I'm not responding to you anymore. Diminish the issue that I clearly documented for you and everyone else all you want. I don't need to prove anything to you to begin with. You probably work for jeep. I Did my duty of informing people and others can clearly see the temp tag date which was issued on July 27th and then the service work order which also shows date into service of July 28th, repairs and date out.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Whatever dude. I'm not liz and your math is wrong. Look at the dates. Noone said the photo of the mileage was from 2-3 weeks ago. I'm not responding to you anymore. Diminish the issue that I clearly documented for you and everyone else all you want. I don't need to prove anything to you to begin with. You probably work for jeep. I Did my duty of informing people and others can clearly see the temp tag date which was issued on July 27th and then the service work order which also shows date into service of July 28th, repairs and date out.
Liz, in your first post you stated this occurred on your “day 1” GW.

Im worried about you Lizzy, between your forgetfulness, and having a conversation with yourself you may be in need of some help.

Also, how do you know I’m a dude?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I said one day old, not day 1.
1 day old means you are on day two.
Try to punch holes all you want. The truth is impossible to punch holes in.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I said one day old, not day 1.
1 day old means you are on day two.
Try to punch holes all you want. The truth is impossible to punch holes in.
Moving on.... That's insane man. I can understand how irritating that is. Mine is far from problem free but nothing to this extent, but appreciate the heads up and glad you and the family didn't get injured as a result.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thank you Krampus. I needed that, lol. Felt like I was getting sucked into an argument with my ex for no reason.

Moving on. It was the first time I have every been through something like that and doesn't just happen like getting a flat. The axle doesn't just fall off a car here and there. It's sad because I , like many looked forward to getting the car, road tripping like we did and then this happens just like that. Then we hit the sos button and the person on the phone said the system wasn't working and didn't know our car location to send a tow truck. So we had to look for mile markers and the map for data points just adding to the layers of frustration at that point.

Then, afterwards, I realized the wagoneer shows you your location in latitude and longitude in one of the apps. Thought that was a pretty cool touch.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thank you Krampus. I needed that, lol. Felt like I was getting sucked into an argument with my ex for no reason.

Moving on. It was the first time I have every been through something like that and doesn't just happen like getting a flat. The axle doesn't just fall off a car here and there. It's sad because I , like many looked forward to getting the car, road tripping like we did and then this happens just like that. Then we hit the sos button and the person on the phone said the system wasn't working and didn't know our car location to send a tow truck. So we had to look for mile markers and the map for data points just adding to the layers of frustration at that point.

Then, afterwards, I realized the wagoneer shows you your location in latitude and longitude in one of the apps. Thought that was a pretty cool touch.
Good job using paragraphs Liz, I like it!

·
Registered
1 Posts

Mr Mayer, I work with Castle Rock Chrysler as vendor partner to them. I will vouch for you owning this Grand Wagoneer that appears you bought a few weeks ago. I am so sorry for the axle problem that is so unusual. I also communicate with the CEO of Jeep quarterly. I pay attention to these groups and forums to let him know about what customers are saying and experiencing. I live in Colorado Springs. The CEO is Christian Meunier and they are very passionate about innovation and customer satisfaction. Please feel free to reach out to me personally [email protected] if our store in Castle Rock does not completely fix your issue and thank you so much for your patience and understanding. The Grand Wagoneer is such an amazing vehicle and what you are experiencing has never happened to my knowledge. As an added note, i am sorry that the User BigFoot is being rude. I understand his position but he is wrong.
Thank you.
Curtis DeGroote

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mr Mayer, I work with Castle Rock Chrysler as vendor partner to them. I will vouch for you owning this Grand Wagoneer that appears you bought a few weeks ago. I am so sorry for the axle problem that is so unusual. I also communicate with the CEO of Jeep quarterly. I pay attention to these groups and forums to let him know about what customers are saying and experiencing. I live in Colorado Springs. The CEO is Christian Meunier and they are very passionate about innovation and customer satisfaction. Please feel free to reach out to me personally [email protected] if our store in Castle Rock does not completely fix your issue and thank you so much for your patience and understanding. The Grand Wagoneer is such an amazing vehicle and what you are experiencing has never happened to my knowledge. As an added note, i am sorry that the User BigFoot is being rude. I understand his position but he is wrong.
Thank you.
Curtis DeGroote
it’s happening to me to. In a series 3 wagoneer. Locked up on interstate and wouldn’t accelerate.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts