Jeep Wagoneer Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Mike,

Happy New Year. I wish you the best of luck with your new GW 1. They are doing software updates all the time. I would ask that they print out current and any updates they did to the car before you get it delivered. You can also go back and get updates covered under the warranty.

I would also be remiss if I did not warn you that these car have a lot of problems and if you live in an area of the country that gets hot in the summer that the middle section AC is the worst AC in any large car. It will not keep your passengers comfortable and will struggle to keep the front two comfortable as well.

My wife loves this car and now it has turned into an nightmare for us. I know new cars have problems and a lot of those issues will be fixed as they go along, which we were fine with. But the AC issues can’t be fixed as it is a design flaw in the way the system was set up. It does not have enough power or cooling capacity.

I wish you luck and hope you do not live in a hot area. In the winter the car is great.

All the best and hope it goes better for you.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies. I bought it and drove it home last week. It is an incredible car. The one I bought is a Series 1 with premium and convenience packages, rear entertainment and front passenger screen. Thanks for the tips on the AC, im in long island it does get hot here. I bought it from a Ford dealer, they did not do any updates.

My forst issue is how do i get an oil change? I'm at 7200 miles. i went to a express lane dealer tonight and after waiting for 30 minutes they said only Wagoneer certified techs can do an oil change. They did not have any wagoneer techs on tonight. I also called another dealer near my office and they would only take an appoint for May, since i did not buy the car there.

Thanks Mike

· Registered
102 Posts
Thanks for the replies. I bought it and drove it home last week. It is an incredible car. The one I bought is a Series 1 with premium and convenience packages, rear entertainment and front passenger screen. Thanks for the tips on the AC, im in long island it does get hot here. I bought it from a Ford dealer, they did not do any updates.

My forst issue is how do i get an oil change? I'm at 7200 miles. i went to a express lane dealer tonight and after waiting for 30 minutes they said only Wagoneer certified techs can do an oil change. They did not have any wagoneer techs on tonight. I also called another dealer near my office and they would only take an appoint for May, since i did not buy the car there.

Thanks Mike
What wonderful dealers you have nearby! smh.... First, you can go on wagoneer.com site and search for dealers nearby. It will show you which are certified wagoneer dealers. Then you can contact those dealers. If they give you this BS, you will need to remind them of the certified promise they brag about on the website. Then you call Wagoneer client service and file a complaint against the dealer. they are giving you a run around since it is only an oil change and they make no money off of it. smh... they are supposed to pick up your car and replace it with the same vehicle as a loaner and they are supposed to wash it, clean it from the inside, and return it with a full tank of gas. At least that is what they promise. Maybe that is only for the first owners but I couldn't see anything about that. I guess read the fine print and check but I wish you good luck!

· Registered
102 Posts
Congrats on your new car and wish you the best of luck. They drive great. I think the car is supposed to come with 5 free oil changes included so might want to check on that.
I hope he doesn't fall into this catch-22 (purchased a car from a non-Jeep dealer) and the certified Wagoneer dealer doesn't care because they didn't sell the vehicle!). That's why I indicated in my earlier post to check the wagoneer website and read up about their client services and if that is not what the dealer is giving him, then complain to corporate.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Update i was able to get my oil changed. The dealer was concerned about the wait time. I assured waiting for it at 9:00 at night was actually more convenient than dealing with going to the dealer during the day. I was in and out in 1:10 minutes. Thank you.

For the car i bought a series 1 with the premium group, convenience group, passenger screen and rear screens from a Ford Dealer. It was sold in June 2022 and had 6200 miles i got it for 60 during the last week of 2022. Its very clean and the whole family loves it. I was able to transfer everything into my name except the wagoneer maintenance warranty. I have to pay for oil changes, but thats ok. This thing drives incredibly quite, smooth, and fast.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts