Jeep Wagoneer Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Chrysler/Fiat,
I have a Grand Wagoneer Series 3. If I use the remote start and then open/close the passenger door for my fiancé, open/close the rear door to stow my jacket, or open/close the rear hatch to store my bag, the horn beeps three times. I find this very annoying. It can also occur when getting gas and not shutting off the vehicle because it's freezing cold outside! The dealer cannot disable this feature so please add it as an option in the UConnect Vehicle Settings.
Thank you!
Mike

· Registered
102 Posts
Dear Chrysler/Fiat,
I have a Grand Wagoneer Series 3. If I use the remote start and then open/close the passenger door for my fiancé, open/close the rear door to stow my jacket, or open/close the rear hatch to store my bag, the horn beeps three times. I find this very annoying. It can also occur when getting gas and not shutting off the vehicle because it's freezing cold outside! The dealer cannot disable this feature so please add it as an option in the UConnect Vehicle Settings.
Thank you!
Mike
Not only that but my WS1 honks three times every time I exit the vehicle with my keyfob to pick up mail and close the door, while the engine is running. I have to leave the door open or only half latched to avoid the honking.

· Registered
36 Posts
Yes, this should definitely be a setting that can be changed!
I'm just glad the honking isn't as loud as my previous Lincoln Navigator. That reminder double-honk was scary loud, and made everyone around stare at me. Embarrassing.

· Registered
5 Posts
Dear Chrysler/Fiat,
Thank you!
Mike
I live in a condo, if I get my mail later on in the evening, and I shut my door, my horn beeps as yours does, which must be annoying to my neighbors. So when I exit the vehicle to get my mail, I’ll leave the door ajar crazy right? Definitely to make a three beeps and option.

· Registered
2 Posts
Dear Chrysler/Fiat,
Thank you!
Mike
My Ford trucks do the same thing. Only work around I have found is to leave spare fob in console. does not beep then.

It is annoying

For Ford there is a free deal to plug laptop into OBD port and reprogram it and there is a $90 gizmo to plug in to OBD port to change it. I was not to keen on those due to warranty

· Registered
111 Posts
Hi everyone. We understand why this would be frustrating and has previously collected some information that may be helpful:

"How is my security system armed and how will I know?

Both the standard and Deluxe Vehicle Security Systems are armed in the following ways:
1. Touching the lock button on the exterior passive entry door handle while possessing the key fob
2. Pushing the lock button on the key fob
3. Locking front driver door from interior (locks all doors)
4. Locking front passenger door from interior (locks all doors)
5. Locking rear driver side door from interior (locks only rear driver side door but arms entire vehicle)
6. Locking rear passenger side door from interior (locks only rear passenger side door but arms entire vehicle)

Items 5 & 6 are the most common cause of inadvertent alarm triggering. In case of uncertainty, look for the red flashing light in the vehicle’s instrument panel cluster which indicates that the alarm system has been armed."

If anyone still has questions or needs some extra support, we are happy to pull up the Owner's Manual which provides more security system operation details on arming, disarming, manual override and more.

Kate
Wagoneer Client Services

· Registered
5 Posts
Hi everyone. We understand why this would be frustrating and has previously collected some information that may be helpful:

"How is my security system armed and how will I know?

Both the standard and Deluxe Vehicle Security Systems are armed in the following ways:
1. Touching the lock button on the exterior passive entry door handle while possessing the key fob
2. Pushing the lock button on the key fob
3. Locking front driver door from interior (locks all doors)
4. Locking front passenger door from interior (locks all doors)
5. Locking rear driver side door from interior (locks only rear driver side door but arms entire vehicle)
6. Locking rear passenger side door from interior (locks only rear passenger side door but arms entire vehicle)

Items 5 & 6 are the most common cause of inadvertent alarm triggering. In case of uncertainty, look for the red flashing light in the vehicle’s instrument panel cluster which indicates that the alarm system has been armed."

If anyone still has questions or needs some extra support, we are happy to pull up the Owner's Manual which provides more security system operation details on arming, disarming, manual override and more.

Kate
Wagoneer Client Services
I do not believe the armed/alarm is what is being referred to. The issue is when the vehicle is running (either by remote start or normal start), if a door is opened and closed while the vehicle is running, the horn blasts 3 times - a notification that the fob has left the vehicle, I'm guessing? But I can say that it's very annoying, especially when leaving early for work and my remote start is running. If I place something in the back seat, I have to remember to open the front door before closing the rear door, so I don't set off the notification.
There really should be an option to disable this feature.

· Registered
54 Posts
I do not believe the armed/alarm is what is being referred to. The issue is when the vehicle is running (either by remote start or normal start), if a door is opened and closed while the vehicle is running, the horn blasts 3 times - a notification that the fob has left the vehicle, I'm guessing? But I can say that it's very annoying, especially when leaving early for work and my remote start is running. If I place something in the back seat, I have to remember to open the front door before closing the rear door, so I don't set off the notification.
My wife's KIA has a similar alarm but it sounds inside the vehicle, not outside, when you leave the car with the fob and the engine running.

· Registered
5 Posts
More canned answers that are not applicable. VERY FRUSTRATING: So here is it in more direct language. WHEN I LEAVE MY CAR RUNNING TO GO TO THE MAILBOX THE CAR BEEPS 3 TIMES… I DONT WANT IT TO DO THAT! When I remote start me car In the driveway and then open the hatch or a door to place some thing in the car, IT BEEPS THREE TIMES…. I DONT WANT IT TO DO THAT! Additionally I leave me grandson’s car see in the car I DONT WANT IT TO TELL ME TO CHECK THE BACK SEAT! I don’t like any of these IDIOT WARNINGS. PLEASE GIVE ME THE OPTION! You folks have created the only negative thing in a flawless SUV!

· Registered
54 Posts
More canned answers that are not applicable. VERY FRUSTRATING: So here is it in more direct language. WHEN I LEAVE MY CAR RUNNING TO GO TO THE MAILBOX THE CAR BEEPS 3 TIMES… I DONT WANT IT TO DO THAT! When I remote start me car In the driveway and then open the hatch or a door to place some thing in the car, IT BEEPS THREE TIMES…. I DONT WANT IT TO DO THAT! Additionally I leave me grandson’s car see in the car I DONT WANT IT TO TELL ME TO CHECK THE BACK SEAT! I don’t like any of these IDIOT WARNINGS. PLEASE GIVE ME THE OPTION! You folks have created the only negative thing in a flawless SUV!
You're not going to like my answer but, the "idiot warnings" are a result of real IDIOTS who did idiotic things and then very likely turned around and sued a vehicle manufacturer for not designing a vehicle that would warn them not to do those things. This is a result of a society of idiots always looking for the quick buck and a way to pass the blame on someone else.
It all started when that lawsuit was filed against McDonalds for not warning their customers that the coffee they had just purchased was HOT. The judge who allowed that suit to go thru should have been removed and banned from court rooms for life.
We only have ourselves to blame...:cool:

· Registered
5 Posts
You're not going to like my answer but, the "idiot warnings" are a result of real IDIOTS who did idiotic things and then very likely turned around and sued a vehicle manufacturer for not designing a vehicle that would warn them not to do those things. This is a result of a society of idiots always looking for the quick buck and a way to pass the blame on someone else.
It all started when that lawsuit was filed against McDonalds for not warning their customers that the coffee they had just purchased was HOT. The judge who allowed that suit to go thru should have been removed and banned from court rooms for life.
We only have ourselves to blame...:cool:
My friend… of course you are correct…sigh. i guess I stated the obvious. On the bright side, I love my Grand Wagoneer!

· Registered
102 Posts
this is a normal safety feature all vehicles with push button start have in some way. My 2016 Honda Pilot would beep three times very quickly every time I took the keyfob out while the engine was running or when the door sensor malfunctioned after I turned it off and walked away. But it wasn't the horn that activated. It was a soft beep sound. This prevents someone from driving off without the keyfob by mistake and causes safety issues. In other words, since it is safety-related, the audible sound feature won't go away.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts