Jeep Wagoneer Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone gotten a fire stick to work to stream Netflix,YouTube,etc? I cannot get fire stick to stay on even though it’s plugged into the hdmi then powered by USB port.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Has anyone gotten a fire stick to work to stream Netflix,YouTube,etc? I cannot get fire stick to stay on even though it’s plugged into the hdmi then powered by USB port.
When you say it can't stay on is fire stick crashing? Or is it lagging?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was just about to try this, did you get it to work? It's possible the USB port doesn't provide enough power for it.
I cannot get it to work. I have asked my dealership to just FaceTime with me and teach me how to actually use the screen. Not sure what to do with it since it doesn’t have fire stick built in

·
Registered
10 Posts
I cannot get it to work. I have asked my dealership to just FaceTime with me and teach me how to actually use the screen. Not sure what to do with it since it doesn’t have fire stick built in
So I plugged mine in today and it worked, watched live tv, granted I was parked and didn't mess with it for long, but didn't have any issues other than slow load times. I'll be driving it tonight so will have the wife check it out and see if it continues to work.

Television Gadget Home appliance Audio equipment Television set

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So I plugged mine in today and it worked, watched live tv, granted I was parked and didn't mess with it for long, but didn't have any issues other than slow load times. I'll be driving it tonight so will have the wife check it out and see if it continues to work.

View attachment 1286
What are you using??? Can you show me how you plugged and power it?

·
Registered
10 Posts
What are you using??? Can you show me how you plugged and power it?
Just a fire stick 4k, I plugged it in and selected HDMI on the passenger screen and I was off and running. I will say it wasn't a fully smooth process, but I'm not sure if that was ATT wifi or the stick. But it worked....ish, lol.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just a fire stick 4k, I plugged it in and selected HDMI on the passenger screen and I was off and running. I will say it wasn't a fully smooth process, but I'm not sure if that was ATT wifi or the stick. But it worked....ish, lol.
Did you have to plug it into USB as well to power it?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Did you have to plug it into USB as well to power it?
Yeah I just plugged it into the USB port next to the HDMI port, I used to use a lot of fire sticks a few years back, and sometimes I'd have issue if I wasn't using the "plug in" charger and just tried to use a USB port on my tv...that may be your issue, try using the household plug to power it and see if that makes a difference

1 - 11 of 11 Posts