Jeep Wagoneer Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
2022 Grand Wagoneer series III
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok gang, I bought my grand wagoneer SIII last February. They wanted $10,000 over sticker but after what seemed like 8 rounds with mike Tyson I got it for sticker at $110,000. It wasn’t exactly what we wanted so at time of purchase we placed an order for exactly what the wife wanted. So here we are almost a year later, it came in today. So we make the journey over. Ours is garage kept, cleaned weekly and is as nice as the new one. Both vehicles are 2022’s. They offered me $78,500 for mine but wanted $110,000 for the new one. I think I ran out of there faster than Carl Lewis!

· Registered
102 Posts
Ok gang, I bought my grand wagoneer SIII last February. They wanted $10,000 over sticker but after what seemed like 8 rounds with mike Tyson I got it for sticker at $110,000. It wasn’t exactly what we wanted so at time of purchase we placed an order for exactly what the wife wanted. So here we are almost a year later, it came in today. So we make the journey over. Ours is garage kept, cleaned weekly and is as nice as the new one. Both vehicles are 2022’s. They offered me $78,500 for mine but wanted $110,000 for the new one. I think I ran out of there faster than Carl Lewis!
I don't know where you are exactly but the two nearest dealers to me have several GW's and a few of them are S3's and they are listing them well below Sticker. If you are anywhere near Tucson, check out Larry H Miller Jeep. I can get you in touch with the sales guy who I worked with. They didn't have any markups OR dealer add-ons and I got $5150 OFF MSRP on the WS1 that they got delivered on Dec. 2nd. They have a Baltic Grey one that is gorgeous! Too bad it was WAY outside of my price range. lol.

· Registered
54 Posts
Why didn't you negotiate the trade-in when you placed the order?
The car market has depreciated in the last few months. I've got it in writing what my trade-in is worth. I'm fully expecting them to try and renegotiate but at least I have a completed sales order with numbers.
As for the sale price, both dealers I dealt with were offering my Obsidian at invoice.

· Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Why didn't you negotiate the trade-in when you placed the order?
The car market has depreciated in the last few months. I've got it in writing what my trade-in is worth. I'm fully expecting them to try and renegotiate but at least I have a completed sales order with numbers.
As for the sale price, both dealers I dealt with were offering my Obsidian at invoice.
I did attempt to negotiate trade price. They wouldn’t even touch on the subject but they didn’t charge a deposit either so I wasn’t overly worried about it.

· Registered
47 Posts
I believe your trading to fast, they still have base 2022 on the lot with incentives. Waht would you buym base breand new or used loaded?

Keep in mind, its a game, if they can get yours for $78 they will retail it for $88-90. Seems like you also paid (vs leased) yours so Sales Tax is a giant number in the equation.

At 30 months is typically the sweet spot where all the numbers come together.

· Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I believe your trading to fast, they still have base 2022 on the lot with incentives. Waht would you buym base breand new or used loaded?

Keep in mind, its a game, if they can get yours for $78 they will retail it for $88-90. Seems like you also paid (vs leased) yours so Sales Tax is a giant number in the equation.

At 30 months is typically the sweet spot where all the numbers come together.
You have given me a bunch to cover but here goes.
I’m sure this might make your head spin but I have bought and traded WELL over 100, yes over a hundred new vehicles and in the last 10 or so years they have all been over 100k so it’s more than safe to say I know the car game.
So for a vehicle with a msrp of 111k in less than a year lose almost 35k in value is just absolutely unbelievable. I can’t imagine how stupid I would feel if I would have paid the 10k over sticker they wanted for it when I bought it.
As for trading too often, I could write a book on doing car deals that nobody would believe. Try this on. The vehicle I traded in on my GW was a 2021 Alpina XB7 that had a msrp of just over 150k. So while everyone was paying over sticker I paid 10% off of sticker bringing my total to 135k. Put 15,000 miles on the car and when I traded for my GW my trade allowance was 137k!
6 months is the longest I’m keeping a vehicle. Itrade them while they still have bumper to bumper coverage which makes them worth more.
I paid under sticker for my Ram TRX when there were none on the road. Unfortunately I had to pay sticker for my 2023 Z06 corvette.
That is the long version of “I know exactly what I’m doing”

· Registered
102 Posts
You have given me a bunch to cover but here goes.
I’m sure this might make your head spin but I have bought and traded WELL over 100, yes over a hundred new vehicles and in the last 10 or so years they have all been over 100k so it’s more than safe to say I know the car game.
So for a vehicle with a msrp of 111k in less than a year lose almost 35k in value is just absolutely unbelievable. I can’t imagine how stupid I would feel if I would have paid the 10k over sticker they wanted for it when I bought it.
As for trading too often, I could write a book on doing car deals that nobody would believe. Try this on. The vehicle I traded in on my GW was a 2021 Alpina XB7 that had a msrp of just over 150k. So while everyone was paying over sticker I paid 10% off of sticker bringing my total to 135k. Put 15,000 miles on the car and when I traded for my GW my trade allowance was 137k!
6 months is the longest I’m keeping a vehicle. Itrade them while they still have bumper to bumper coverage which makes them worth more.
I paid under sticker for my Ram TRX when there were none on the road. Unfortunately I had to pay sticker for my 2023 Z06 corvette.
That is the long version of “I know exactly what I’m doing”
Well done on the Z06! After a year, you will still get way over MSRP for it ;)

· Registered
6 Posts
And it's crazy that Escalades are still going for over MSRP even with 15k miles on them. I sort of thought the Escalade/Yukon market would fall apart the same way the GW market did... but nope. You can sell a 15k mile 21+ Escalade for what you paid for it. Crazy. GM never put incentives on the Escalade (didn't have to)... I think when incentives were put on the GW market it killed it. I really wanted the GW... had two on order, both dealers were terrible and the orders kept getting delayed, so I went with a Duramax Escalade because I could actually get one... but I figured I would move to a GW once they finally came to market. I guess I am glad I ended up with the Escalade and I love it (and I LOVE the 30mpgs)... but I still drive by my Jeep dealer every day tempted to swing in.

· Registered
47 Posts
And it's crazy that Escalades are still going for over MSRP even with 15k miles on them. I sort of thought the Escalade/Yukon market would fall apart the same way the GW market did... but nope. You can sell a 15k mile 21+ Escalade for what you paid for it. Crazy. GM never put incentives on the Escalade (didn't have to)... I think when incentives were put on the GW market it killed it. I really wanted the GW... had two on order, both dealers were terrible and the orders kept getting delayed, so I went with a Duramax Escalade because I could actually get one... but I figured I would move to a GW once they finally came to market. I guess I am glad I ended up with the Escalade and I love it (and I LOVE the 30mpgs)... but I still drive by my Jeep dealer every day tempted to swing in.
Escalade is really nice until 1/2 way down the interior where it's plastic. The big difference is that Escalade isn't a true 4WD, it will leave strained where GW3 won't! Escalade resale value will drop be patient. If your buying these trucks (including range rover, bmw) expect them to drop in value, how much? just ask the dealer for the residual value percentage (that's what the bank thinks it's worth at the end of the lease 36 months / xx miles). Most of them regardless of brand are 51%-53% or MSRP.

· Registered
6 Posts
Escalade is really nice until 1/2 way down the interior where it's plastic. The big difference is that Escalade isn't a true 4WD, it will leave strained where GW3 won't! Escalade resale value will drop be patient. If your buying these trucks (including range rover, bmw) expect them to drop in value, how much? just ask the dealer for the residual value percentage (that's what the bank thinks it's worth at the end of the lease 36 months / xx miles). Most of them regardless of brand are 51%-53% or MSRP.
Of course resale will drop... heck, normally most people buy these big SUV's with huge discounts when new, as soon as the come back (and they are starting to), well the starting price point is $20k lower. As I said.. I am really surprised Escalades are still holding their value. The GM and Jeep program discounts are huge on these things. So yes, any and all of them will be worth dirt in a few years. And you point out exactly why I originally picked the GW... I wanted something built form the ground up to be a high end SUV. The Caddy is just a base Tahoe with some window dressing. I will admit that it is better than I expected, but my expectations were pretty low. The LM2 motor probably helps my opinion a lot. The GM 6.2 was a dog compared to the 6.4 and I much prefer the ZF tranny to the 10 speed the GM and Ford built. For offroad... well, sure, the GW probably rock crawls a little better, but my Escalade has a proper transfer case (some models don't), adjustable air suspension for extra height, an all the normal stuff you would expect that will get it through anything you are really going to toss a full-sized SUV at. The 4wd system from the GW is no doubt more complicated and better, but I don't think you are going to go anywhere with a GW that really needs that extra tech. So, the off-road capabilities aren't really going to hold it back. I toss 20" wheels with Hakka R3's on in the winter and it pretty much goes anywhere. I do hope there are some nice updates planned for a MCR for the GW.... as I said, I am still very interested.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts