Jeep Wagoneer Forum banner
41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
2,400 miles in and my GWIII has started making the same vibration low pitch noise when turning. I especially notice when doing a unturned from a center lane with that slow tight turn. Will take to dealer next week. Has anyone had fix that lasts or seems permanent? My GW was built 12/21 after the service bulletin date. I do not get any dash warnings but this is a distinctly new problem that I had not had during the previous 2,400 miles.

·
Registered
20 Posts
2,400 miles in and my GWIII has started making the same vibration low pitch noise when turning. I especially notice when doing a unturned from a center lane with that slow tight turn. Will take to dealer next week. Has anyone had fix that lasts or seems permanent? My GW was built 12/21 after the service bulletin date. I do not get any dash warnings but this is a distinctly new problem that I had not had during the previous 2,400 miles.

Mine was also built after the service bulletin. I have a Wagoneer II. So not sure if they’re related depending on what you have. My dealer looked into it deeper and found a bulletin that included my VIN with essentially the same kind of issue, but at the time there was no fix. He told me he’d keep me updated, but knock on wood, I havnt really had any problems since bringing it in then. But it definitely seems like a software patch to fix how the four wheel drive modulates itself.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My husband's GWII had this problem, and it requires a software update. That took care of that problem. Last week his "check engine" light came on. Back to the dealership for another software update. Dealership said it was an "RTS" (Rapid Transmission System" alert...which means it needs a software update. We generally don't prefer to know our service people this well, but it looks like this might continue since it's a new vehicle.

·
Registered
19 Posts
My husband's GWII had this problem, and it requires a software update. That took care of that problem. Last week his "check engine" light came on. Back to the dealership for another software update. Dealership said it was an "RTS" (Rapid Transmission System" alert...which means it needs a software update. We generally don't prefer to know our service people this well, but it looks like this might continue since it's a new vehicle.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Definitely reminds me of driving on Asphault with 4WD. Low groaning sound and even could hear the tires chirp around tight corner.
Yes thats what mine was doing for a week last week. Took it in for the second time and they did another 4x4 update along with some other stuff. Still have other issues to work out though. The first 4x4 update only lasted a few weeks before this happened soo...... we shall see how long this works for.

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Honestly it seems like a differential thing, because it feels like the wheels aren’t fully engaging when turning. Although Im
wondering if it could be the parking break not completely releasing? It does feel like the truck wants to slow down when hearing it.

Here’s the link.

I have a few more videos also. This was just the last one I recorded. If I can I’ll upload more later.
That is exactly what mine sounds like. My husband said it is the differential thing that others have mentioned in this thread.

·
Registered
20 Posts
That is exactly what mine sounds like. My husband said it is the differential thing that others have mentioned in this thread.
They finally did a software update for mine. So far so good but I hear others saying it has returned. They did a software update on the heated seat modules as well that fixed the issue for a few months and last week they stopped working again. So not sure how much so trust a software update. They saying it’s the seat backs now for the heated seats, and ordered new ones. We’ll see how long the update for the drivetrain lasts…

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thank you for posting this information. My husband's Wagoneer began making the groaning sound today, 2 weeks after purchase. I was sitting in the 2nd row and could "feel" it in the floorboard.
Be careful. My axle fell off . Literally. Right rear axle has issues that they are ignoring. 1 day old grand wagoneer and the axle slipped out of its socket destroying the differential and almost caused the car to flip over. Everyone needs to file a complaint with the nhtsa on this axle issue because stellantis doesn't care about solving the problem until someone is killed

·
Registered
38 Posts
Be careful. My axle fell off . Literally. Right rear axle has issues that they are ignoring. 1 day old grand wagoneer and the axle slipped out of its socket destroying the differential and almost caused the car to flip over. Everyone needs to file a complaint with the nhtsa on this axle issue because stellantis doesn't care about solving the problem until someone is killed
Hello, Jmayer. We apologize for our delay here but would certainly like to discuss any of your current concerns further. Send our team a private message with more details to get started.

Kate
Wagoneer Client Services

·
Registered
23 Posts
Well your team does not return phone calls, does not follow up, does not follow through, nor keep their word about reimbursing customers expenses related to a or the mechanical breakdown. Frankly, I am not sure who to call anymore because I have no more time to waste and everyone that I have encountered who is employed for jeep does not take care of anything. They just pass the buck

41 - 57 of 57 Posts