Jeep Wagoneer Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a series 2 wagoneer. When I turn tight to the right or left it makes a groaning noise from the rear end and it kind of hops. Is this normal?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Could be something with the transfer case but im not fimilar with these cars just yet. I would recommend having someone video it on the outside while you try and Duplicate the sound. Then bring that to the dealer and see what they say.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I believe your 4x4 is on all the time with the q trac 1 so maybe no transfer case. It could be the brakes or lug nuts on the wheels need to be retorqued. Dont want to give you wrong info so try and duplicate and bring to the dealer. Could be normal but unsure. Ill try and see if mine does it when i turn the wheel sharp. Ill get back to you tomorrow.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have a series 2 wagoneer. When I turn tight to the right or left it makes a groaning noise from the rear end and it kind of hops. Is this normal?
I just noticed the same thing on mine today. Pretty much the same exact thing. Literally the first time I’ve noticed it, but it only has 750 miles on it. It is very misty out today. Road are damp but not soaking. I thought maybe it was the tires kind of slipping on it but it feels like it’s more than that.

Is yours still doing it? Has anyone checked it for you yet? Im going to schedule an appointment with the dealership if it’s still happening tomorrow.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just noticed the same thing on mine today. Pretty much the same exact thing. Literally the first time I’ve noticed it, but it only has 750 miles on it. It is very misty out today. Road are damp but not soaking. I thought maybe it was the tires kind of slipping on it but it feels like it’s more than that.

Is yours still doing it? Has anyone checked it for you yet? Im going to schedule an appointment with the dealership if it’s still happening tomorrow.
It is still doing it . we noticed it around 900 miles. It comes and goes. I took to dealer and the salesman road with me and we of course couldn’t get it to make the moaning noise, but it did do the hoping and he said it was normal which I find hard to believe.

·
Registered
20 Posts
It is still doing it . we noticed it around 900 miles. It comes and goes. I took to dealer and the salesman road with me and we of course couldn’t get it to make the moaning noise, but it did do the hoping and he said it was normal which I find hard to believe.
I guess that’s good to know. Ya the hoping is definitely not normal lol. I already made an appointment for early next week. I’ll reply back with what they tell me

·
Registered
20 Posts
Please do keep me updated And I will do likewise
Just curious, has your auto-stop stopped working also? Mine stopped working, or will work intermittently, about the same time I started hearing the moaning noise. I’ll come to a full stop and notice it’s still running. Not turned off on the center strip. either.

The moaning noise is also not going away. Any sharp/hard turns still cause it. In reverse if i turn hard it feels like it just doesn’t want to get into gear.

It’s starting to give me anxiety about this purchase now, lol. Shouldn’t be happening on a brand new, 70k+ vehicle.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Our start stop is still working. My wife is not happy. We are diehard GM people and loved the features of the wagoneer and traded in our 2021 suburban. Starting to regret it .

·
Registered
57 Posts
Our start stop is still working. My wife is not happy. We are diehard GM people and loved the features of the wagoneer and traded in our 2021 suburban. Starting to regret it .
The moaning sound you guys are describing might be the electric steering. Completely normal. Anyway you guys can video it and put it up on a youtube channel for us to lisen to? Might help to see if its normal or not.

·
Registered
20 Posts
The moaning sound you guys are describing might be the electric steering. Completely normal. Anyway you guys can video it and put it up on a youtube channel for us to lisen to? Might help to see if its normal or not.
It’s not the power steering. I can turn the wheel in park completely fine. This isn’t a normal sound. It’s only when driving. The power steering also wouldn’t cause the wheels to hop and skip. They hop and skip even when lightly feathering the gas. I can post a vid where I was driving and tried to record it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
It’s not the power steering. I can turn the wheel in park completely fine. This isn’t a normal sound. It’s only when driving. The power steering also wouldn’t cause the wheels to hop and skip. They hop and skip even when lightly feathering the gas. I can post a vid where I was driving and tried to record it.
Honestly it seems like a differential thing, because it feels like the wheels aren’t fully engaging when turning. Although Im
wondering if it could be the parking break not completely releasing? It does feel like the truck wants to slow down when hearing it.

Here’s the link.

I have a few more videos also. This was just the last one I recorded. If I can I’ll upload more later.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Exactly what mine sounded like and did
The more I drive it the more I wonder if it’s the parking break. I had the auto parking break turned on. Is yours? I’m noticing more it wants to slow down more than normal when I take my foot off the gas. Hopefully it’ll get resolved tomorrow when I bring it in. Much rather it be a break adjustment than something with the drivetrain.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Im sorry i couldnt hear anything.
Ya it’s hard to make out on the video with all the other noises. It’s subtle but you can hear and feel it. Even my wife did and she usually just rolls her eyes at me. I’m bringing it in tomorrow to the dealer so hopefully they can hear it in person and tell me what it is. All I know is it wasn’t there before and now it is. It was a buttery smooth ride for 750 miles and now this.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ya it’s hard to make out on the video with all the other noises. It’s sunlike but you can hear and feel it. Even my wife did and she usually just rolls her eyes at me. I’m bringing it in tomorrow to the dealer so hopefully they can hear it in person and tell me what it is. All I know is it wasn’t there before and now it is. It was a buttery smooth ride for 750 miles and now this.
Any updates?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Any updates?
Yes. Got it back today. They heard the noise but couldn’t pin point what it was. All the diagnostics came back ok. So they said they reset and updated all the software. Got it back and now the noise is gone. So not sure what it was. I do need a module for the heated seats though, so I’m bringing it back in a week once the part is in. They said they would look further into it though, check other dealers to see if they were getting similar complaints. Where it’s so new they said it’s kind of wait and see. So I don’t know. But they did their own computer updates and it seems to have solved what ever it was so far.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts