Jeep Wagoneer Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone, my wife and I are considering purchasing a Wagonner Series 1 with the Premium Group that includes the pano sunroof, 20in Wheels, Cross-bars, and some covers or mats inside. I'm looking through the internet forums for problems/issues with this vehicle to help us decide if we want to fork over a lot of money for it or not. I'm seeing lots of early issues with software/programming on fully loaded WS111 or GW's. So that is why I'm trying to avoid all that extra gadgetry by going with the base model 4x2. The Sunroof is the one option that I really like and I think the WS1 comes pretty loaded as is. Any advice on pricing and how much I can realistically get discounted on this vehicle? I mean we are in December and 2023's right around the corner. Would a 10% discount from MSRP be too much to ask in this market? Also, any advice on features/options do's or don'ts? One strange thing I noticed is that most have a hands-free tailgate feature delete for $195 credit. I also noticed the one I looked at didn't have the roof cross bars even though it clearly states the option package comes with it. The sales guy told me that I was wrong and the vehicle doesn't come with it. Anyone else has had this happen to them? Thanks for the ad and I hope this vehicle purchase works out. Thank you.

· Registered
1 Posts
We bought a Wagoneer Series I Carbide 4x4 at the beginning of October, for many of the same reasons you noted in your posts regarding being the sweet spot price-wise vs features. 22" wheels, panoramic and 3rd row sun/moonroof, and 2nd row bench, and some nice safety features that our Expedition did not have. We had the same confusion regarding the cross bars for the roof rack, but they're hiding in the storage bin in the rear floor and are pretty simple to attach to the roof when you need them. There are tie down loops built into the roof rails that give you tie off points even without the cross bars installed. We're in the DFW area in TX, and were able to negotiate some $$ off price wise, but not 10%, and caught 0% financing. We were told the hands-free tailgate delete and lack of power folding mirrors were sacrifices as part of the chip shortage, but who knows if that's correct or just a sales guy being creative. We just finished a road trip to WI and back and it was smooth sailing. We have better 2nd row room than our Expedition had, and felt like we had a much smoother ride. Our only issue has been glitchy infotainment; every now and then it'll wig out and reboot itself in the midst of driving. We did just get an over the air update to the system, so we'll see if that does anything to mitigate the issue. Otherwise we've loved it so far. Looks great, drives great, and is comfortable!

· Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We bought a Wagoneer Series I Carbide 4x4 at the beginning of October, for many of the same reasons you noted in your posts regarding being the sweet spot price-wise vs features. 22" wheels, panoramic and 3rd row sun/moonroof, and 2nd row bench, and some nice safety features that our Expedition did not have. We had the same confusion regarding the cross bars for the roof rack, but they're hiding in the storage bin in the rear floor and are pretty simple to attach to the roof when you need them. There are tie down loops built into the roof rails that give you tie off points even without the cross bars installed. We're in the DFW area in TX, and were able to negotiate some $$ off price wise, but not 10%, and caught 0% financing. We were told the hands-free tailgate delete and lack of power folding mirrors were sacrifices as part of the chip shortage, but who knows if that's correct or just a sales guy being creative. We just finished a road trip to WI and back and it was smooth sailing. We have better 2nd row room than our Expedition had, and felt like we had a much smoother ride. Our only issue has been glitchy infotainment; every now and then it'll wig out and reboot itself in the midst of driving. We did just get an over the air update to the system, so we'll see if that does anything to mitigate the issue. Otherwise we've loved it so far. Looks great, drives great, and is comfortable!
Awesome feedback. Much appreciated. Regarding price, I'm trying to take advantage of dealer discounts and a couple of other promotions and supplier discounts that I have through work and I'm also trying to remove some ridiculous "fees" they have. So if that works out, I think we can make the numbers fit our budget. In December, dealers can get desperate for the last minutes' sale to hit a quota and I hope I can fall into a similar situation and shave a couple of extra bucks off.

· Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also, I'm wondering if there are any dealers who follow this forum. Not sure how much dealer discount I can demand on Wagoneer Series 1 with Premium Group? Is 10% too much to ask in this market for this vehicle? My sweet spot is a Wagoneer Series 1 (either 4x4 or 4x2) but with a sunroof which is included in the Premium Group. Can that vehicle be had for around $58K? I see many just sitting on dealer lots and I would think they are interested in moving them!

· Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My update for this thread is that we ended up buying WSI with the premium group. We just picked it up yesterday and we love it. The sunroof really changes the ambiance in the car and opens it up. I highly recommend it.

· Registered
22 Posts
My update for this thread is that we ended up buying WSI with the premium group. We just picked it up yesterday and we love it. The sunroof really changes the ambiance in the car and opens it up. I highly recommend it.
What kind of discount did you end up with. Most have $3500 competitive discount to go with a $1500 online from Waggoner page. I have also been told many are receiving private emails from a Wagoneer for An additional $1250.

· Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What kind of discount did you end up with. Most have $3500 competitive discount to go with a $1500 online from Waggoner page. I have also been told many are receiving private emails from a Wagoneer for An additional $1250.
all of those you mentioned are for Series 2 and up and they do not apply to series 1. For Series 1, there was a $2000 competitive discount and the dealer had a $2650 discount. I was able to get a $500 Affiliate Rewards discount from my employer. All came to $5150 below MSRP which also is well below the Invoice as well. In addition, I was able to save around $2500 in taxes due to the car I traded in. So not a bad deal and I'm very happy!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts