Jeep Wagoneer Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else made the switch from the Wrangler to the Wagoneer. Frankly, I'd prefer to keep my Wrangler but my husband is an electric-vehicle guy all the way. Thoughts?

·
Registered
270 Posts
Welcome to the forum @MJJeep! What do you like/dislike about the Wagoneer compared to your Wrangler?

The Wagoneer is obviously a much different vehicle than the Wrangler It's not going to have nearly the same off-road capability but it should be extremely comfortable and great vehicle for long road trips and carring a lot of people and stuff.

As far as the Wagoneer's hybrid system goes the eTorque only helps the Wagoneer with the auto stop/start feature to make accelerating and decelerating easier. You can't drive fully electric and the battery is the size of a suitcase.

Have you and/or your husband looked at the Wrangler 4xe? That has a more serious hybrid setup than the Wagoneer's and the 4xe can drive in a fully electric mode.

Some information about the Wagoneer's eTorque hybrid system.

The eTorque hybrid system replaces the traditional engine-mounted alternator with a belt-driven motor generator unit. The motor generator unit works with a 48-volt battery pack to provide quick and seamless engine start/stop, torque addition to the engine crankshaft in certain driving situations and brake energy regeneration, which improves responsiveness and efficiency. The system enables up to 130 lb.-ft. of torque to be available on initial throttle tip-in.

The eTorque motor generator feeds energy to a 390 watt-hour lithium-ion 12-cell Nickel Manganese Cobalt (NMC)-Graphite battery. The small-suitcase-sized, air-cooled battery pack mounts to the floor inside the Wagoneer’s cabin.

Enhancements for the next-generation eTorque include:

• E-motor Assist: The eTorque motor provides electric assist to the engine from launch until the battery pack reaches a minimal state of charge, with the duration determined by throttle input from the driver.
  • Deceleration fuel shutoff: The system completely shuts off fuel delivery to the engine while the Wagoneer coasts down from highway speeds and under braking, enhancing economy.
  • No-delay start/stop: The Wagoneer anticipates rolling stops, shutting down the engine as soon as vehicle speed reaches 0 mph, enhancing fuel savings. Engine restart with the eTorque motor is seamless and instant, even in aggressive driving conditions. Wagoneer accessories are powered by the battery pack while the engine is stopped.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Has anyone else made the switch from the Wrangler to the Wagoneer. Frankly, I'd prefer to keep my Wrangler but my husband is an electric-vehicle guy all the way. Thoughts?
Welcome!

How often do you do thing with the Wrangler that it truly specializes in?
From the info @Liles shared, it looks like Jeep worked in enough off-road capability while still letting the Wagoneer be a Wagoneer.

So you shouldn't be missing out on too much.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts