Jeep Wagoneer Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Wheel Tire Car Sky Automotive carrying rack

Sorry, I know this does not exactly fit your original question, but this is what I built for a recent 3500 mile road trip with our Wagoneer. I just used an old hitch cargo carrier, a truck tool box from tractor supply, and a 2 inch drop down receiver to allow the rear door to still open. Then I wired up some cheap trailer lights and turn signals. It works great, and does not cause the MPG hit that a roof mounted carrier can cause

·
Registered
8 Posts
what is the spacing of the rails? Most of the newer Thule boxes can mount to various different spacing in-between cross bars. If you take a measurement of the spread between bars I can quickly check my Thule box to see if it will fit.

·
Registered
18 Posts
i can confirm the thule cargo boxes, at least the ones with the click lok clamps, fit the factory crossbars just fine. Sits way the heck up if you have one of the flat bottom ones. If you don't I'd suggest buying one of the newer thule boxes that sits below the bars for mounting. All the newer thule boxes can fit bar spacing from 22"(min) to 26-33"(max) depending on the box size.

Wagoneer Measurements:
Distance from front to middle mounts - 29" center of bars
Distance from middle to rear mounts - 26" center of bars

1 - 5 of 5 Posts