Jeep Wagoneer Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We were able to fabricate a lift to fit 35s under our new 2022 Wagoneer and I wanted to share how it turned out! The wheels are Black Rhino Chase 18x8.5 with 0 offset, tires are BFG KO2 35x12.50R18.

The front lift is a 3.5" Ram 1500 kit from ReadyLift, but the rear spacers had to be fabricated by a local shop. I will note that the plastic on the front bumper had to be trimmed around a half inch to avoid rubbing and the inner flap along the front bumper was trimmed about the same as it caught on the tires when in reverse.

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Vehicle Window

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive side marker light

·
Registered
58 Posts
Looking good!!
What's the clearance under the rear diff/crossmembers transmission?
If you are planning off road use get the skidplates.
Our GW III has seen over 2 k miles off road. It is a beast, wheelbase and overhangs being the only limitation.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Definitely ordered the skid plates before it leaves the pavement too much. I just snapped a few more images of the clearances, looks to be about 13.5" inches from the lowest part of the rear diff to the ground (set tape measure a little higher so it would stay for pic). The rear cross member is slightly higher.

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Tire Bumper Synthetic rubber

You can see the area trimmed from the black part of the front bumper here, tried to keep the trimming to look as unnoticeable as possible.

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Less than an inch on the rear tire from the running boards, but the suspension compresses towards the rear bumper under load
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Car Vehicle

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Car

·
Registered
58 Posts
So it sits a little higher that the GW III with air suspension at the highest setting giving me app 12 3/4 clearance with oversized 285x50 22 Yoko Geolander G105s. No issues with tires touching wheel wells even with full articulation.
Biggest advantage of independent suspension is highest clearance at mid-axle where you need it most of the time.

If you ever figure out how the front end skidplate attached ( it comes with some funny brackets ) let me know, nobody has a clue so far, not even the guys at Jeep. Also reinforce the inside support of the front bumper, an 8 $ plastic piece of s...( photo ), I broke it twice already. But all in all the GW is a very sturdy rig, it is sooo comfortable of the road, and the 4wd system is excellent, it hardly ever spins a wheel even with only 3 wheels on the ground, which happens quite often as the articulation is limited compared to the solid axles on my old GW. We spent several weeks in the Canyonlands this summer and it was great fun.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Tread
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Automotive tire
Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle Car
Font Symmetry Engineering Landscape City

1 - 4 of 4 Posts