Jeep Wagoneer Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys/gals. I just purchased a Wagoneer Series 1 with the Premium Group 4x2. It has been great but I'm wondering what exactly some of the safety features mean! In the standard equipment on the window sticker, they have a few things listed that I don't understand what they do as I see no evidence they exist on the vehicle!
  • Park Sense - Front and rear Park Assist with Stop: I understand the first part about sensors beeping at me but I can't verify how it would stop. Does this mean the system will apply the brakes to prevent me from hitting something during parking? Is there a speed limit for the system to function? I can't seem to verify that and the owner's manual keeps saying (if equipped to everything)
  • Pedestrian emergency Braking - Will this actually apply the brakes or just beep at me?
  • Full speed forward collision warning plus: I can't seem to verify this at all. one car slowed down hard in front of me and I applied brakes harder than normally would but there was no reaction from the vehicle. so not sure what this is!

I appreciate anyone with a Series 1 who has experienced these systems chiming in and letting me know how they should work!

· Registered
13 Posts
You can find settings for these features in the vehicle settings under "Safety & Driving Assistance", or something similar.

-Yes, park sense can apply brakes automatically if the vehicle senses you're about to hit something. IDK about the speed limit, but I'm sure there is more specific info in the owners manual.
  • Pedestrian "Emergency Braking" can automatically apply brakes under the right circumstances; however, I've never had this occur to verify its functionality.
  • I've only had the collision warning sound once - when a car was turning in front of me and I wasnt slowing down b/c I knew they were turning, where as the wagoneer obviously didn't b/c it wasnt happy and made it clear. You can bet I knew the warning activated - its different then all the other alarms I've hear the vehicle make. The wagon didnt apply brakes, it only alerted me with an audible warning and flashed an alarm on the dash.

· Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can find settings for these features in the vehicle settings under "Safety & Driving Assistance", or something similar.

-Yes, park sense can apply brakes automatically if the vehicle senses you're about to hit something. IDK about the speed limit, but I'm sure there is more specific info in the owners manual.
  • Pedestrian "Emergency Braking" can automatically apply brakes under the right circumstances; however, I've never had this occur to verify its functionality.
  • I've only had the collision warning sound once - when a car was turning in front of me and I wasnt slowing down b/c I knew they were turning, where as the wagoneer obviously didn't b/c it wasnt happy and made it clear. You can bet I knew the warning activated - its different then all the other alarms I've hear the vehicle make. The wagon didnt apply brakes, it only alerted me with an audible warning and flashed an alarm on the dash.
Thanks for the reply. I just haven't had the time to dig into the owner's manual. I also wanted to get feedback from real owners to see how the vehicle behaves in real circumstances. I've only been able to verify the rear backup warnings as the system is really sensitive to any movement even far away. the sensors pick up cars that are passing farther away in parking lots.

· Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hope this helps

Parksense -
Pedestrian emergency breaking & Full speed forward collision warning plus -
I do not have the first one (park assist) It is included in the convenience package which I don't have on WS1. As for the second video, I saw it and my issue is that I think my window sticker says that I have it but every video I've seen always puts this "if equipped" qualifying statement to everything which makes it confusing. It is not easy to "test" whether I have it or not! but I hope I never find out!

· Registered
32 Posts
I do not have the first one (park assist) It is included in the convenience package which I don't have on WS1. As for the second video, I saw it and my issue is that I think my window sticker says that I have it but every video I've seen always puts this "if equipped" qualifying statement to everything which makes it confusing. It is not easy to "test" whether I have it or not! but I hope I never find out!
I can see the brainstorming session between a couple of influencers.
"Let's test this functionality and if it doesn't work either someone dies or I've spent 30K in damage repair."
"But if it does work that video will get tons of views."
"If it doesn't work it will get even more views."

· Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I can see the brainstorming session between a couple of influencers.
"Let's test this functionality and if it doesn't work either someone dies or I've spent 30K in damage repair."
"But if it does work that video will get tons of views."
"If it doesn't work it will get even more views."
hmmmm you may have a point there! lol
Does anyone know what the break-even point is with video viewership @$30K in damages? lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts