Jeep Wagoneer Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any guesses for what the Grand Wagoneer's tow rating is going to be? I don't think anyone at Jeep has mentioned anything yet.

Since it's being built on the Ram platform I assume it's going to fit somewhere between the Grand Cherokee and the Ram 1500.

• Jeep Grand Cherokee towing capacity - up to 7,200 pounds
  • Ram 1500 towing capacity - up to 12,750 pounds.

The 2021 Escalade is rated at 8,000 pounds for 4WD models and 8,200 pounds for 2WD models so that might give us an even better idea of what it can be.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I believe Jeep may be aiming to be near the top of the range in this segment.
Being based on the RAM 1500 platform helps and they'll want it to tow more than the Durango that does 8,700 LBS with the 6.4L HEMI® V8

·
Registered
261 Posts
I believe Jeep may be aiming to be near the top of the range in this segment.
Being based on the RAM 1500 platform helps and they'll want it to tow more than the Durango that does 8,700 LBS with the 6.4L HEMI® V8
With that platform I hope so too. Otherwise why even bother using it if you're not going to take advantage of it.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I figured I'd update this thread since all the info is out now. The Wagoneer is rated to tow up to 10,000 pounds with the 5.7L V8. The Grand Wagoneer is rated slightly less at 9,860 pounds.

·
Registered
261 Posts
TFL tested the Grand Wagoneer's towing capability and were fairly positive on what i can do. They weren't able to get up to highway speeds with a horse trailer but the Grand Wagoneer was very stable with the trailer.

I had an opportunity to tow a 7,000 lbs horse trailer at the event, and the big SUV handled it in stride. While I was not able to get up to highway speeds with the trailer on my drive route, the Grand Wagoneer provided the stability and confidence when pulling a trailer. At times, it didn’t even feel like I was towing anything. The Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer are rated to tow up to 10,000 lbs – mainly thanks to a standard hitch received that is welded into every Wagoneer or Grand Wagoneer frame.

·
Registered
100 Posts
TFL tested the Grand Wagoneer's towing capability and were fairly positive on what i can do. They weren't able to get up to highway speeds with a horse trailer but the Grand Wagoneer was very stable with the trailer.

I had an opportunity to tow a 7,000 lbs horse trailer at the event, and the big SUV handled it in stride. While I was not able to get up to highway speeds with the trailer on my drive route, the Grand Wagoneer provided the stability and confidence when pulling a trailer. At times, it didn’t even feel like I was towing anything. The Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer are rated to tow up to 10,000 lbs – mainly thanks to a standard hitch received that is welded into every Wagoneer or Grand Wagoneer frame.

10k is impressive and makes it a segment leader with towing capacity.

One of the SUVs right behind it is the Ford Expedition at 9,300 lbs

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
TFL released a new video explaining how the Grand Wagoneer can tow so much.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
In the Throttle House review of the Grand Wagoneer/Navigator/Escalade when they briefly talked about towing they immediately gave it to the Grand Wagoneer over the others.

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
TFL released a new video explaining how the Grand Wagoneer can tow so much.

So are they trying to make believe that there are 2 horses in that trailer? If there are then they both probably have broken legs from that jackrabbit start he made at the start of the video. In reality, the trailer is probably empty. So how much are they pulling?

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
So are they trying to make believe that there are 2 horses in that trailer? If there are then they both probably have broken legs from that jackrabbit start he made at the start of the video. In reality, the trailer is probably empty. So how much are they pulling?
I believe they had either bales of hay or possibly sandbags in there to simulate the weight. At least I'm hoping that's what they did. They said it's a horse trailer, but did not specifically say there were horses in it. They did mention it was 7,000 lbs (they mention it at about the 2:07 mark).

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
I believe they had either bales of hay or possibly sandbags in there to simulate the weight. At least I'm hoping that's what they did. They said it's a horse trailer, but did not specifically say there were horses in it. They did mention it was 7,000 lbs (they mention it at about the 2:07 mark).
That makes sense. Hope you are right.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts