Jeep Wagoneer Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tire Wheel Sky Car Land vehicle

I think the confirmation of a forthcoming Wagoneer 4xe is getting somewhat lost in all the EV news from Jeep's 4xe Day. They didn't share much by way of actual details (no specific release window other than all Jeeps will have a electrified option by 2025, no efficiency targets, no powertrain details), but anything they can do to improve fuel economy will be appreciated, and they'll likey have the full-size market to themselves for people looking for a plug-in hybrid.
They did say the combined range would be 500 miles. I don't know what kind of range people are getting out of a tank of gas with either the Hemi or the Hurricane, but the gas tank is going to be doing most of that work in the 4xe in any case.
Still, I'm glad they're doing this. It shows they're committed to the future of the Wagoneer and looking for ways to stand out from the competition.
I've cued up the Wagoneer 4xe section of the announcement video here:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update: I missed that right at the end of the video they say the Wagoneer 4xe will be on sale in 2024. Nothing more specific than that.
I wish it was coming next year, but maybe they're timing it to come alongside a refresh.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts