Jeep Wagoneer Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m seriously wondering if my WII with the premium package was even looked at before it left the factory. So far I’ve had these issues:
1. Lift gate won’t close or won’t stay closed when closed manually and won’t respond to any button. When I took it in, a hinge in the part on the bottom that folds in when the gate closes wasn’t connected on the underside. I took of the plastic trim myself and fixed it myself after the dealer told me they were waiting on a part. Still, I was trying to close it after loading groceries and spent 30 minutes trying to get it to stay closed so that I could leave.
2. The lock to my glovebox is missing. (How did that get missed?!) Like, there is a hole where it is supposed to go
3. The alarm randomly goes off when the unlocked car is opened (key fob near or not)
4. The netting for the sunroof is missing a gasket so it is loud when driving above 50. We knew this during the test drive but we are still waiting on a part (we bought the car in February)
5. The Nav system randomly stopped giving me directions while I was in an unfamiliar part of downtown Atlanta. Luckily someone had it going on their phone and I found my way through a few turns. Then, it started telling me what to do again.
6. My backup camera stayed on one time while driving.
7. Active Lane Management stopped working for one trip home.

Lots of issues that can’t be replicated that must be software glitches and other things that should have been noticed by some quality control. And super frustrating after being at the service department, no resolutions and we are still waiting on parts.
And…can I just get an amen on there aren’t enough cup holders, the mirrors should fold in and the glass should come up separately in the lift gate.

· Registered
14 Posts
I’m seriously wondering if my WII with the premium package was even looked at before it left the factory. So far I’ve had these issues:
1. Lift gate won’t close or won’t stay closed when closed manually and won’t respond to any button. When I took it in, a hinge in the part on the bottom that folds in when the gate closes wasn’t connected on the underside. I took of the plastic trim myself and fixed it myself after the dealer told me they were waiting on a part. Still, I was trying to close it after loading groceries and spent 30 minutes trying to get it to stay closed so that I could leave.
2. The lock to my glovebox is missing. (How did that get missed?!) Like, there is a hole where it is supposed to go
3. The alarm randomly goes off when the unlocked car is opened (key fob near or not)
4. The netting for the sunroof is missing a gasket so it is loud when driving above 50. We knew this during the test drive but we are still waiting on a part (we bought the car in February)
5. The Nav system randomly stopped giving me directions while I was in an unfamiliar part of downtown Atlanta. Luckily someone had it going on their phone and I found my way through a few turns. Then, it started telling me what to do again.

Lots of issues that can’t be replicated that must be software glitches and other things that should have been noticed by some quality control. And super frustrating after being at the service department, no resolutions and we are still waiting on parts.
And…can I just get an amen on there aren’t enough cup holders, the mirrors should fold in and the glass should come up separately in the lift gate.
Out of curiosity, why did you purchase/lease this vehicle if you were aware of the lack of cup holders, no power mirrors, or a separate opening for the tail gate?

#5,6, and 7 can and do occurs in many other vehicles. It’s technology and sometimes it does not work as it should. Just the other day I had to restart my IPhone because it was not working properly.

Why would you take delivery of this vehicle prior to having the gasket to the sunroof fixed?

This model hasn’t been produced since the 90’s, it’s always a gamble purchasing a first generation vehicle. Shame on you for not knowing this.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Out of curiosity, why did you purchase/lease this vehicle if you were aware of the lack of cup holders, no power mirrors, or a separate opening for the tail gate?

#5,6, and 7 can and do occurs in many other vehicles. It’s technology and sometimes it does not work as it should. Just the other day I had to restart my IPhone because it was not working properly.

Why would you take delivery of this vehicle prior to having the gasket to the sunroof fixed?

This model hasn’t been produced since the 90’s, it’s always a gamble purchasing a first generation vehicle. Shame on you for not knowing this.
Out of curiosity, why did you even reply to my thread? But, because you’re curious…. I purchased from a dealership an hour away. I didn’t order the vehicle, so no delivery was taken. I snagged it as quick as I could because they are hard to find and I wanted it. We got an IOU on the gasket/sunroof issue, but more issues continue to reveal themselves. So, apparently, shame on me for wanting a vehicle, paying what most consider a high price for it, and then seeking out help or just looking to commiserate with other like minded Wagoneer owners. You made it clear that’s not you since you apparently feel like you know me well enough to be shaming me. You’re reply is salty. Shame on you. To be clear, I did expect some issues. However, it is my opinion that my particular Wagoneer was poorly built with missing pieces and overall is not reflective of the quality one SHOULD expect at this price point, regardless of how long it’s been produced. Since I searched my issues on this forum before posting, I know that I’m not alone in having some frustrations. Hopefully you didn’t intend to come off as a jerk, but you did and I’m already irritated from spending 30 minutes in a hot parking lot trying to get my lift gate in my new $90,000 vehicle to stay closed so I can get my frozen groceries home.

· Registered
14 Posts
Out of curiosity, why did you even reply to my thread? But, because you’re curious…. I purchased from a dealership an hour away. I didn’t order the vehicle, so no delivery was taken. I snagged it as quick as I could because they are hard to find and I wanted it. We got an IOU on the gasket/sunroof issue, but more issues continue to reveal themselves. So, apparently, shame on me for wanting a vehicle, paying what most consider a high price for it, and then seeking out help or just looking to commiserate with other like minded Wagoneer owners. You made it clear that’s not you since you apparently feel like you know me well enough to be shaming me. You’re reply is salty. Shame on you. To be clear, I did expect some issues. However, it is my opinion that my particular Wagoneer was poorly built with missing pieces and overall is not reflective of the quality one SHOULD expect at this price point, regardless of how long it’s been produced. Since I searched my issues on this forum before posting, I know that I’m not alone in having some frustrations. Hopefully you didn’t intend to come off as a jerk, but you did and I’m already irritated from spending 30 minutes in a hot parking lot trying to get my lift gate in my new $90,000 vehicle to stay closed so I can get my frozen groceries home.
I responded to your post because you do not get to dictate who does and does not reply.

I didn’t read any further past your first sentence due to your inability to use paragraphs.

· Registered
19 Posts

There are definitely lots of annoying issues. The good thing is that most of them are software related, and they are working on updates. I've received several for my Series III so far. It's true that you run the risk of having more issues with a first run production vehicle, but that's what the warranty is for. If no one took a chance with them, they would never get through the issues. It is frustrating to have these issues when you spend that much money, but hang in there.

I think the biggest issue here could be your dealership. I don't think they should have released that vehicle to you with missing parts and open issues to that extent. I would recommend contacting Wagoneer Services to open a case for your issues. They have been very good at following up when I've contacted them. I would also check to see if the dealer you're using is "Wagoneer Certified". They don't have to be to sell and service them. However, I would choose one that is certified to ensure you get all the benefits of your purchase.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
There are definitely lots of annoying issues. The good thing is that most of them are software related, and they are working on updates. I've received several for my Series III so far. It's true that you run the risk of having more issues with a first run production vehicle, but that's what the warranty is for. If no one took a chance with them, they would never get through the issues. It is frustrating to have these issues when you spend that much money, but hang in there.

I think the biggest issue here could be your dealership. I don't think they should have released that vehicle to you with missing parts and open issues to that extent. I would recommend contacting Wagoneer Services to open a case for your issues. They have been very good at following up when I've contacted them. I would also check to see if the dealer you're using is "Wagoneer Certified". They don't have to be to sell and service them. However, I would choose one that is certified to ensure you get all the benefits of your purchase.
Great ideas. The dealers have been friendly enough, but lacked follow through. My fault for not being pushy enough. I’m finding out that there are some Wagoneer owner benefits, like service pick up and a loaner, that I need to be sure to take advantage of. Thanks
EDIT: After searching dealerships I found that they are not Wagoneer certified. I also discovered that there are none that offer pick up or rentals. Unfortunately, the closest one that has even one of these characteristics is about 5 hours away. Hopefully, more will step up as more vehicles hit the road.

· Registered
103 Posts
My biggest gripe is the lackluster service when it goes in. I figured there were going to be bugs to work out, but the "10 promises" is complete BS.

I've had many high end cars and they had their fair share of issues, the difference is I always had a comparable loaner and they treated you like you just dropped a bunch of money on a car. Jeep has a long way to go in that area.

· Registered
19 Posts
My biggest gripe is the lackluster service when it goes in. I figured there were going to be bugs to work out, but the "10 promises" is complete BS.

I've had many high end cars and they had their fair share of issues, the difference is I always had a comparable loaner and they treated you like you just dropped a bunch of money on a car. Jeep has a long way to go in that area.
I completely agree with you there. They have a long way to go in order to turn a bunch of Jeep dealerships into luxury brand service centers. It seems many of them haven't even heard of the "10 promises". I just scheduled another service to get the latest recalls and service bulletin items taken care of. We'll see what I get for a loaner. I'm sure it won't be another Wagoneer. :LOL:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts