Jeep Wagoneer Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my new GW3 last week. (Yay!)
I went to Costco for grocery shopping, got back to the car to load the cargo.
This was at night, so after loading the groceries for a minute, all the interior lights went off even though my tailgate is still up and I'm still trying to load cargo into the trunk.
Is this normal? Is it a setting in the car? (I haven't found one.)
I've leased the Lincoln Navigator, MB GL450/GLS550, Lincoln MKT, Acura MDX in the past and the lights never automatically shut off on me while loading cargo into the trunk.
Anyone notice this as well?

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It does turn off .. but the time has to do with the light setting / in the main settings under lighting. It’s changeable!
The only 2 options that allow changing lighting timings are "Headlight Off Delay" and "Headlight Illumination On Approach". Neither of these really apply to the interior lights.
And even if it does, the maximum of 90 seconds is still insufficient. This really seems like a product flaw to me.

· Registered
102 Posts
I put a reply in another thread but here it is again: (by the way, my Wagoneer doesn't have this problem so it could be only a Grand Wagoneer thing but I doubt it)

Your GWS3 may be slightly different but my WS1 has a setting you can configure. In the infotainment screen, click the vehicle icon then look for settings on the top right side of the screen. Click that and then you have several menus to scrawl through and change things. LIGHTS is one of them and see if you can find anything strange there. I don't see anything regarding the dome or interior lights. Also, there are three buttons up by the SOS button on the top by where your sunroof buttons are. One is for the rear tailgate open, one is for the door open notification off and another is for dome lights on. If you can determine what is going on with dome lights, check this button and turn it ON when you loading/unloading in the dark. All the interior lights will turn on with it. :) It could be that your dealer sales guy messed with it and changed it when they did the PDI on your GWS3 (or if they didn't even do anything). Just last night, we went shopping after dark and brought back 6 paper bags of groceries and grabbed two at a time to get them inside the house and my dome lights never turned off. I don't think I was faster than a minute. My wife and I even stood there looking at how nicely lit the interior was all the way to the front and how much better it was as compared to our 2016 Honda Pilot we traded in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts