Jeep Wagoneer Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a GW SII last week after being very impressed by the reviews, drive and comfort. However, after taking delivery I noticed the "active lane management" would stop working almost immediately after being engaged while driving. The active driving assist would quit too. I test drove another GW before I decided to pull the trigger on this one and only took this one on a relatively short test drive before purchasing. I did not test each and every feature on the vehicle I ultimately purchased, but all seemed well.

I have now learned that this vehicle has had 11 instance in service. I purchased the vehicle at a dealership a decent way from my house. I drove the vehicle to a service appointment at the same dealership to get it checked out. I received a rental car (an older Ford Fusion with 60k miles) and went on my way. The service department had not reached out to me all day, so I called them as the day was ending. They said they weren't going to be able to even look at my vehicle for a few days. After spending $100k+ on a new vehicle, I did not feel like driving a Ford Fusion, nor did I have my kid's car seats. Who knows how long the truck would be sitting there. I drove back and got the vehicle that evening. About 3+ hours of my day wasted.

Wagoneer Services has been helpful, and acted appalled at the service I received. They have been trying to get me an appointment at the Jeep dealer right down the street from my house. BUT...and here is the kicker, that dealership refuses to service my truck. Yes, they refuse to look at it.

Why? Because this truck has apparently been in service 13 times. 250 miles and 13 trips to the service department. They don't want to incur the liability. The service manager refuses to take it (the Wagoneer Services agent read me the email from the service manager).

So, I now have a week-old $100k vehicle and am struggling to have anyone fix safety/convenience features. The dealer that sold the vehicle clearly knew about the vehicle's history--it was serviced at that dealership. I'm currently at a loss.

I love the truck, but hate the customer service. Starting to regret the purchase.

· Registered
129 Posts
The recent Electric Power Steering Rapid Service Update has caused fits to the Active Lane Management System. It was likely installed before you bought it along with other updates. My tech and I struggled with this update yesterday. Finally, we disconnected the battery (both terminals), waited a minute, touched both cables together (off the battery) for a capacitive discharge, and then reconnected the battery terminal, and got the Active lane Management system working again. The Facebook Wagoneer groups has a bunch of people posting the same issue. This is something you can do yourself with just a wrench.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The recent Electric Power Steering Rapid Service Update has caused fits to the Active Lane Management System. It was likely installed before you bought it along with other updates. My tech and I struggled with this update yesterday. Finally, we disconnected the battery (both terminals), waited a minute, touched both cables together (off the battery) for a capacitive discharge, and then reconnected the battery terminal, and got the Active lane Management system working again. The Facebook Wagoneer groups has a bunch of people posting the same issue. This is something you can do yourself with just a wrench.
Thanks so much for this! I’ll give it a shot this evening.

· Registered
129 Posts
Above is the actual bulletin. Depending on when your truck was built would dictate how many updates and recalls etc it has required from the service Dept.. Around ten or so for a year old built truck is where I am at. If your truck has sat unsold for a long time before you bought it, all the updates and recalls would have been required to be done before it was sold. Check your build date on your driver's door jamb sticker.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Above is the actual bulletin. Depending on when your truck was built would dictate how many updates and recalls etc it has required from the service Dept.. Around ten or so for a year old built truck is where I am at. If your truck has sat unsold for a long time before you bought it, all the updates and recalls would have been required to be done before it was sold. Check your build date on your driver's door jamb sticker.
Manufacturer date is 9/21. Seems like an early one.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, it is early build and a lot of updates and recalls have happened while it sat waiting to be sold. What state did it come from?
I’ll have to check the state. I just went ahead and disconnected the battery, let it sit and then drove it. I thought we were going to be in luck because the issue did not immediately pop up. Unfortunately, the ALM is still failing.

· Registered
102 Posts
I bought a GW SII last week after being very impressed by the reviews, drive and comfort. However, after taking delivery I noticed the "active lane management" would stop working almost immediately after being engaged while driving. The active driving assist would quit too. I test drove another GW before I decided to pull the trigger on this one and only took this one on a relatively short test drive before purchasing. I did not test each and every feature on the vehicle I ultimately purchased, but all seemed well.

I have now learned that this vehicle has had 11 instance in service. I purchased the vehicle at a dealership a decent way from my house. I drove the vehicle to a service appointment at the same dealership to get it checked out. I received a rental car (an older Ford Fusion with 60k miles) and went on my way. The service department had not reached out to me all day, so I called them as the day was ending. They said they weren't going to be able to even look at my vehicle for a few days. After spending $100k+ on a new vehicle, I did not feel like driving a Ford Fusion, nor did I have my kid's car seats. Who knows how long the truck would be sitting there. I drove back and got the vehicle that evening. About 3+ hours of my day wasted.

Wagoneer Services has been helpful, and acted appalled at the service I received. They have been trying to get me an appointment at the Jeep dealer right down the street from my house. BUT...and here is the kicker, that dealership refuses to service my truck. Yes, they refuse to look at it.

Why? Because this truck has apparently been in service 13 times. 250 miles and 13 trips to the service department. They don't want to incur the liability. The service manager refuses to take it (the Wagoneer Services agent read me the email from the service manager).

So, I now have a week-old $100k vehicle and am struggling to have anyone fix safety/convenience features. The dealer that sold the vehicle clearly knew about the vehicle's history--it was serviced at that dealership. I'm currently at a loss.

I love the truck, but hate the customer service. Starting to regret the purchase.
a lot of the youtubers and car reviewers online commented on the fact that the dealership experience was going to be critical to the success of Jeep as a luxury brand. Putting you in a well used FORD crap is not going to cut it. This is exactly why I'm so hesitant to pull the trigger. And, I'm no where near able to fork $100K for a GW. I'm barely trying to squeeze a Wagoneer S1 into my budget and avoid ALL of those electronic nannies that can go heywire. I wish you best of luck with your GW.

· Registered
102 Posts

Also, regarding the dealership service, or lack thereof, I would get with the general manager and demand a full service history of the vehicle. It looks like they sold you a vehicle with known issues and that is a shame. If they can't get it fixed, and you have to take your vehicle to them three times for the same problem, then laywers needs to get involved if the dealership wont agree to exhange it and buy it back. in most states, you only have 1 year to lemon-law the car.

· Registered
102 Posts

My local dealer whom I purchased my 2021 Jeep Wrangler, wanted me to buy their WS3 loaner car. Stickered in the high $70K range, I took it for a test drive back home and both my wife and I drove it. It had 2100 miles on it and I saw that it was manufactured in NOV21. I felt really uneasy about getting into such an early build so I declined to buy it. the sales guy kept emailing me and finally offered $10K off MSRP and I declined. They added $2K of "stuff" onto the car so it was way outside of what I wanted to spend on a car and being an early build and loaded with the lane keep assist and other nannies, gave me concern. I'm glad I didn't step into that mess!

· Registered
129 Posts
Ok. Went for it. But, unfortunately, still no dice. Thanks for the recommendation though. I’ll keep you posted on the issue.
Darn, could be they did not reset the modules properly as per the bulletin and just downloaded the updated program. My tech did rest the modules properly and we still had the issue you are experiencing until we tried the battery trick.

· Registered
GW White/Black Top with Blue interior
15 Posts
Really sorry to hear this! I’ve been totally satisfied with my GW3. I’m in the Charlotte area, so there are multiple ‘Wagoneer authorized’ dealers that can service my truck. I assume you tried getting service at one of these, but make sure the one you are working with is authorized.
There are Lemmon laws in most states, and it sounds like you may be on the path for this. For a $100k+ vehicle, it is probably worth talking to an attorney.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts