Jeep Wagoneer Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We bought our GW S3 yesterday. Tonight, my wife was trying out various things on the passenger screen, while I was driving and she noted that the surround view and the back up camera options stopped working. When we got home, I put the vehicle in reverse and noted that the surround view camera did not come on. I tried turning vehicle off, letting it sit for a while and then turning it back on, but that did not fix the issue. Then I started messing around with the two screens and noted that whenever I would change a camera setting in the main screen, it would try to change that setting on the passenger-side screen as well, but it would never actually do anything. After a while I got into a weird state where it would show surround view while on FamCam view on passenger side, but I couldn't actually interact with any of the options. On the main screen, I could never get it to go into surround view -- FamCam worked fine.

Not sure what can be done at this point, besides taking it into a dealership to get looked at? I guess I could try factory resetting and see if that clears the glitch?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, after letting it sit overnight, cameras are working again. I haven't tried it yet, but it's likely that messing around with the passenger camera view again may cause this issue to re-appear, but at least I have a solution now. It's likely that there's an issue in the state machine in the software. Overall, the entire UI seems very buggy. Love the vehicle, hate the software so far.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts