Jeep Wagoneer Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Grand Wagoneer series III
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In buying a new vehicle naturally you want to get the best deal you can, especially on a first year vehicle. Myself like millions of other people consider myself experienced at working a car deal. Here in central Texas I was only able to find 2 GW’s on the ground. After doing the absolute best I could I got a whole $1000 off of sticker offer on a demo with 6,000 miles! Needless to say I left it there. The second one I started negotiating on 3 days before it hit the ground at $10,000 over msrp. I never worked so hard for the grand opportunity to pay msrp in my life! So the question is, anybody out there actually get a bargain or is that as good as it gets???

·
Registered
4 Posts
Supply and demand. My order arrives in April and I’m getting 3k off because my friend owns the dealership. If I back out he doesn’t care because he will sell it next day for $10k over. Insanity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2022 Grand Wagoneer
16 Posts
Ya that's typical right now...

I purchased my GW series 1 at msrp.

Another local dealer had several wagoneers on their lot. I found their markup to be a bit rapey...
Gesture Font Thumb Rectangle Electric blue

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just got a loaded Wagoneer Series III for 1,300 off sticker, plus $1k incentive. But I talked to dealers marking up GWs 5-10k. That 50k markup on a Wagoneer is insane. Dealer is smoking something for sure. This particular dealer was amazingly easy to deal with--all the way to delivering to my driveway (an hour and a half away).

I'd play the gas price card. These gas guzzlers gotta take a ding due to that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I purchased mine at the beginning of April. I noticed that some stickers showed a base invoice of 104k and others 107k. I guess there was a price hike from Jeep. Where I looked the dealers priced the before and after price hike vehicles accordingly. I got mine for 1k under MSRP. I didn't have to negotiate for the discount. It was from Bodwell in Maine. Smaller dealer. Very nice people.

·
Registered
2022 Grand Wagoneer
16 Posts
I ordered mine March 29, 2022 GW3, Bright White, Agave Blue Int, All options including the new 3.0 Hurricane motor for Invoice. I am in D1 Status, VIN, and Delivery date of 5-14-2022.
That new engine looks great on paper, please update the thread with your experience! Best wishes, hope it gets delivered early for you.!

·
Registered
337 Posts
I ordered mine March 29, 2022 GW3, Bright White, Agave Blue Int, All options including the new 3.0 Hurricane motor for Invoice. I am in D1 Status, VIN, and Delivery date of 5-14-2022.
Congrats on ordering your new Grand Wagoneer @TBarrow! What convinced you to go with the 3.0L engine? Looking forward to hearing what you think of it.

·
Registered
GW White/Black Top with Blue interior
12 Posts
Just walked in and bought mine last night in Columbia, SC. I negotiated with the Sales Manager via email and a phone call. Sticker was $112,585, and we walked out with it for $105,500. There were 2 national rebates that I think he used to get us there. There was a $2500 code that was emailed to me from Jeep.com, and then there is a national $2k rebate that is ending on 5-2-22.

Bottom line is I guess that puts me at about $7k under sticker. I used Autotrader and Cars.com to find all the dealers in a 500 mile radius that were selling cars (with my specs) at less than MSRP, and I talked to 15 or so of them. It was going to be way cheaper for me to buy a car in Ohio, fly up and drive it down to NC than to buy one from a couple of Charlotte, NC dealers that had this crazy $20k 'Market Adjustment' which is total gravy for them. I was about to buy a plane ticket when a heads-up Sales Manager in Columbia, SC called me and let me know about a GW that had just rolled in with my desired specs. The Ohio sales guy was going to pick me up at the airport, and it was a smokin deal. I just happened to like the specs a bit better on the SC car that just rolled in.

Don't do it!!!

Please don't give in to these greedy bastard$ trying to charge this huge 'market adjustment' (think Keffer in Charlotte). Call around and don't buy from them. Force them down by going outside your comfort radius and do some homework. The best 3 dealers (besides my Columbia, SC dealer) were in Greensboro, NC, Cleveland, Ohio and Columbus, OH. These were by far the easiest and best dealers to deal with - and had the best prices. They wanted to move cars and make customers happy. The local Charlotte guys had green hands from all their money grubbing.

·
Registered
2022 Grand Wagoner Series III B. White / Agave
7 Posts
I have not been able to confirm but it appears that the new Hurricane motor is reserved for sold units and not dealer stock. All the were on order at my dealer have been switched back to 23W or the 6.4 motor.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I traded my Durango Hellcat and purchased my Wagoneer Series II a week ago. $76k MSRP for $71k - $5,000 in rebate (Conquest and military so $69K +++ ). Now, I work as a dealership employee and I am familiar with markups but I purchased from another dealer who would sell at Invoice minus hold back. There are dealers that will do this, they are going to be paying heavily for floor plan fees (lot/interest fees). I am working on trading this thing already for a Grand Wagoneer after 400 miles. I thought it would have enough luxury but it doesn't cut it. Markup in Wagoneers is around $4000-$4500. Grand Wagoneer is about $5000-$5500. Hold back is roughly 1.5% of MSRP.

·
Registered
2022 Grand Wagoneer series III
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I know they do not appear very different to the casual observer but the difference is much bigger than you might think. My wife drove a wagoneer on a very short test drive and before we even got 45 seconds off the lot she said NOPE I don’t like it! Just as short of a test drive in the grand and it was sold!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts