Jeep Wagoneer Forum banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
It’s disheartening for sure. They are telling us January for the glass. Wagoneer client services has also stated to me that most wagoneers are having this issue, so I wouldn’t accept that it is the polarization.
So it’s not just the Grand Wagoneer Series lll that is having the windshield and side window issues?

·
Registered
7 Posts
So it’s not just the Grand Wagoneer Series lll that is having the windshield and side window issues?
Our dealership has offered to take it take or order a new windshield since we’ve only had for one week and we reported having issues right away but they said we would get used to it. I was thinking about buying a Grand Wagoneer series l or ll IF the issue was only with the GW series lll. Also, what I’m reading is that a lot of customers are having the same problem with the factory replacement. We called a few dealerships in the area and some told us that they felt they would eventually recall them because blurry and wavy windows and windshields are a huge safety issue.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I’m not sure if other series are having the issue. I suspect it has something to do with the acoustic glass, but have no idea. Just that the client services said there was a lot of people with the same issue. Since there can’t be that many in the road yet I would think it’s widespread.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have kind of noticed things look warped through the windshield. I thought it must just be me. Unattributed it to the angle of the windshield reflecting light because I do not notice it at night.
Agree completely. Something is faulty with the windshields. There needs to be a recall. Wavy/Distorted.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm so glad I found this forum!!! I noticed the windshield distortion literally within 500 of test driving it. My wife didn't see it but I did. Not so much the main window right in front of me but the center area just above the hood when looking that direction. I waited weeks for the wagoneer to arrive and wanted it so badly I figured it wasn't a deal breaker. I already had a deposit down on it so figured I could handle it. While signing the paperwork I stuck my head inside another wagoneer at the dealer and noticed the same thing. After reading this post it's definitely in all of them. I was literally hoping a rock would chip it so I could replace it but now I know it will be the exact same if replaced with a jeep windshield. It does kind of cause headaches at times but at least I now know it's a real thing and not my imagination. Love the Grand Wagoneer otherwise except it was completely dead when I went out to it today, I guess there's a recall on that but nothing shows up in the wagoneer app, prob a different thread on that going on.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Welcome to the forum @peoriapmc!
You might have some luck asking your dealer if there's a TSB (technical service bulletin) out on Wagoneers going dead. If you find out anything then please keep us posted!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Vehicle Window
Window Building Motor vehicle Hood Vehicle

I thought I would post some photos so you can see what the distortion/waves look like. One is standing outside the Grand Wagoneer lll and one is sitting in the drivers seat looking through the windshield. The lines on the fence are supposed to be straight.
I also took a couple sitting at a red light:
Land vehicle Car Sky Vehicle Street light
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Sky Car

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi:
I took ownership of my Grand Wagoneer III last week after waiting for the original windshield to be replaced. 2nd windshield still has a distortion and waiting for dealership to let me know what Stellantis is going to do. Is anyone else having windshield issue's?
We have the same issue. Did you ever get a windshield fix? Our dealer is telling us that the factory is admitting there was an issue with the windshields but now they have corrected it and sending a new windshield however, I'm also having an issue when looking through the driver side glass to the rear view mirror as well. Just checking to see if other owners have found a solution. Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Gentlemen and ladies, I as well have had my windshield problems, I am no waiting on my second windsheild. My dealer got the second one delivered and it to was wavy.
not happy with this and tempted to tell them they can keep it

ted
Hi Ted, did you ever find a fix for your windshield issues? We are trying to figure out what our options are with our dealer while waiting on a second windshield but we are worried it will be the same with the new one. Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
We test drove the 2022 Wagoneer Series III on Friday, Dec.31. I noticed the distortion immediately. When my husband drove it he did not notice any distortion. He sits up higher in the seat than I do. My take is that this has to do with the "head-ups display". There is something about a certain area of the the windshield that "enables" that HUD. We are taking delivery of the vehicle next week. I am going to adjust the height of my seat to try to eliminate looking directly through that area where the HUD appears. If that doesn't work and Jeep doesn't come up with an acceptable replacement we well consider an aftermarket windshield replacement. Overall, very excited about the 2022 Wagoneer.

·
Registered
146 Posts
We test drove the 2022 Wagoneer Series III on Friday, Dec.31. I noticed the distortion immediately. When my husband drove it he did not notice any distortion. He sits up higher in the seat than I do. My take is that this has to do with the "head-ups display". There is something about a certain area of the the windshield that "enables" that HUD. We are taking delivery of the vehicle next week. I am going to adjust the height of my seat to try to eliminate looking directly through that area where the HUD appears. If that doesn't work and Jeep doesn't come up with an acceptable replacement we well consider an aftermarket windshield replacement. Overall, very excited about the 2022 Wagoneer.
Having same issues wife won’t even drive it guess I’m going to dealer Monday…
Welcome to the forum!
Did you guys inspect the rest of your Wagoneer for other possible areas to address?

·
Registered
2022 Grand Wagoneer Series III
12 Posts
Mine has this issue and I reported it to the service department before taking delivery of the vehicle. It has three waves in the glass in the middle portion of the windshield. The dealer was going to order a new piece of glass, but I haven't heard a peep out of them. It is only been in our possession for 9 days or so.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Mine has this issue and I reported it to the service department before taking delivery of the vehicle. It has three waves in the glass in the middle portion of the windshield. The dealer was going to order a new piece of glass, but I haven't heard a peep out of them. It is only been in our possession for 9 days or so.
Hi, PBGWIII. Send our team a private message, we can look into this concern with you. Thanks.

Kate
Wagoneer Client Services

·
Registered
1 Posts
Leased a Grand Wagoneer Series ll yesterday & noticed the warped windshield on my way home; from the driver's side (in my particular case) it's very noticeable and distracting when the car is in motion and in the process of turning .... i have a good video of the warping/wave effect from the front passenger side but this forum will not allow formats for video uploads, my wife refuses to sit in the car as it gives her vertigo. This is not good !

Does anyone know if the replacement windshields from Jeep have now been corrected ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all!

Our team would really like to discuss this windshield concern with each of you further. If anyone is interested, please send our team a private message separately with additional details, and pictures if you have them! Thanks so much and we look forward to assist you.

Kate
Wagoneer Client Services

·
Registered
4 Posts
My quote from another thread, just my opinion regarding windshields

hellcat
Registered

Joined 23 h ago
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · 41 m ago

Thanks, I was going to have a professional install the tint, was is the key word. I am not sure about the Wagoneers but the Grand Wagoneers have a ceramic glaze on the windows , including the wind shield (which I will get into later) If you install tint on any of the windows and decide you don't like it, it gets scratched etc....and has to be removed, the removal process will scratch the heck out of the ceramic from the factory. You will be able to tell if your GW or W has the ceramic by rolling down the drivers, passengers or rear windows a little bit and you will see the line around the glass. This was all shown to me by my local company that have great knowledge about window tint. That being said they noticed the distorted windshield on mine, a few things to be said here, one, as long as Stellantis continues to waste money replacing windshields with new ones that are ceramic, that problem will not go away. Two, if they replace with one that does not have ceramic it probably won't look right in my opinion. There is another wagoneer forum I have tried to join but never get the confirmation email back, any of you that are it please share the info.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought a Wagoneer Series III today. I noticed the blurry area when we test drove it, but I chalked it up to an overcast day with lots of cloud reflections in the window and possibly something to do with the Heads up display, as my previous car didn’t have it.

But after finding this forum, it seems it’s everyone’s. I don’t get car sick, but this ripple/distortion almost makes me get sick. Are they any closer to recalling this? I’m contacting our dealer first thing in the morning.
My Husband doesn’t notice it as bad… I think because he is taller than I am and can get his eyesight above the ripple.
I’m curious to know if any of you that posted a couple months ago have been able to resolve your issue?

·
Registered
9 Posts
No issues with mine, and I'm a glass freak. Day 1 I took 0000 steel wool to all the windows with rubbing alcohol to strip them, I didn't notice a thing and I'm very particular about my windows.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts