Jeep Wagoneer Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi:
I took ownership of my Grand Wagoneer III last week after waiting for the original windshield to be replaced. 2nd windshield still has a distortion and waiting for dealership to let me know what Stellantis is going to do. Is anyone else having windshield issue's?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Welcome to the forum @suzrogers61! Sorry to hear about the windshield issue with your Grand Wagoneer. When you say the windshield has distortion, is it not fitting properly? Or is there something wrong with the surface of the glass?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Something is wrong with the surface of the glass. It came with a windshield that had this distortion and the dealer replaced it with a windshield from the assembly line. Which has a distortion as well. Not sure if I am really unlucky or there is a batch of windshields that are bad.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have kind of noticed things look warped through the windshield. I thought it must just be me. Unattributed it to the angle of the windshield reflecting light because I do not notice it at night.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Something is wrong with the surface of the glass. It came with a windshield that had this distortion and the dealer replaced it with a windshield from the assembly line. Which has a distortion as well. Not sure if I am really unlucky or there is a batch of windshields that are bad.
I have kind of noticed things look warped through the windshield. I thought it must just be me. Unattributed it to the angle of the windshield reflecting light because I do not notice it at night.
Very odd. Are you guys able to take a picture of video of it? That might help the rest of us get a better idea of what to look out for.
Thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi:
I took ownership of my Grand Wagoneer III last week after waiting for the original windshield to be replaced. 2nd windshield still has a distortion and waiting for dealership to let me know what Stellantis is going to do. Is anyone else having windshield issue's?
Noticed some distortion in one part of my windshield as well, center area, maybe 6-8 inches off the dash vertically. Not sure if it’s worth the hassle of replacing, especially if the replacements may have the same issue.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I too have distortion in the center area 6-8in off the dash vertically. It occurs in two places - rough approximation above the two lines stitched into the leather. Assuming it’s going to be awhile before the factory comes out with replacement glass that
will correct the distortion. Hard to capture using video. I have to move my head sideways at a standstill to notice it. When making turns, it’s a little more noticeable.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I too have distortion in the center area 6-8in off the dash vertically. It occurs in two places - rough approximation above the two lines stitched into the leather. Assuming it’s going to be awhile before the factory comes out with replacement glass that
will correct the distortion. Hard to capture using video. I have to move my head sideways at a standstill to notice it. When making turns, it’s a little more noticeable.
My wife and I test drove a GW series 3 and she immediately noticed a spot in the center windshield that had distortion. Almost like it hurts your head staring at this area because it throws your vision off. Hopefully it isn’t common on many vehicles.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi:
Noticed some distortion in one part of my windshield as well, center area, maybe 6-8 inches off the dash vertically. Not sure if it’s worth the hassle of replacing, especially if the replacements may have the same issue.
Hello all!

Our team would really like to discuss this windshield concern with each of you further. If anyone is interested, please send our team a private message separately with additional details, and pictures if you have them! Thanks so much and we look forward to assist you.

Kate
Wagoneer Client Services

1 - 9 of 9 Posts