Jeep Wagoneer Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one have anything good or bad to say about 2023's yet. I have transport date for my GW III and want to know if I should take it or not. I know that there are threads on people who are happy and who are not with their 2022's, but was hoping in year 2, things will improve. If I wanted problems, I could buy another Land Rover. I appreciate any thoughts from folks who have 2023's.

· Registered
1 Posts
Any one have anything good or bad to say about 2023's yet. I have transport date for my GW III and want to know if I should take it or not. I know that there are threads on people who are happy and who are not with their 2022's, but was hoping in year 2, things will improve. If I wanted problems, I could buy another Land Rover. I appreciate any thoughts from folks who have 2023's.
My 2022 GW Series 3 has been perfect since the software upgrade. Gas mileage...not so much...

· Registered
1 Posts
My 2022 GW Series 3 has been perfect since the software upgrade. Gas mileage...not so much...
I have a 2022 GW Series 3 with EVERY option (purchased in May) and other than a standard software upgrade my vehicle has been FANTASTIC. I have owned SUV's from Range Rover (Velar), GMC Yukon Denali, and Mercedes-Benz and this vehicle beats them hands-down. Love it! We live in northern Wisconsin and I won't even drive it in winter because I want to keep it beautiful forever (I bought a 2023 Wrangler Sahara 4xe for winter!). 😇

· Registered
5 Posts
Good day,

As with anything you will hear good and bad. Unfortunately mine is bad as I had so many problems, including a seized motor and a lot of electrical problems, that FCA bought it back and we lost thousands.

There is one major flaw with the vehicle that can’t be fixed….it has the worst AC system in any large SUV and it can’t be fixed without a complete redo of the system. If you live in an area that gets hot in the summer and especially if you will have passengers in the back seat do not buy this car.

Good luck and if you do get one cross your fingers that it is one of the ones built on a Monday. Also as a side note their customer service is horrible and has a long way to go before they are prepared to be considered a luxury brand. But if all goes well you won’t have to deal with them much.

· Registered
5 Posts
It was a GW III from 2022. It was purchased in May and had a April 22 build date. I am sure that a lot of the bugs regarding to software and the other annoying things (to be expected on a first model year) are getting worked out and our engine failure was probably just bad luck. We had no issue with the small problems as those will get worked out. As stated the big problem is how they designed the AC system. This can’t simply be changed. I learned more about that AC system than I ever wanted to. The AC compressor, blowers and vents are to small to effectively cool the large interior of that car if you live in hot weather. There is no fix for this as they would have to redesign the system or make major changes. And unfortunately if you live in a hot area (I live in Phoenix) the system will struggle and your passengers, especially in the middle row, will constantly complain. We had to buy small fans that attached to the headrests to blow air on the second row to try and help. My wife could not take clients out as they would complain about it being to hot. The middle vents are very small and don’t have enough power to blow cold air comfortably on your passengers. There will be a 15-20 degree difference between the temperature coming out of the front vents and the temperature coming out of the back when it hot outside. Unfortunately the unit is working as designed so all that Jeep/FCA will tell you is that it is working within in spec, which is true, so there is nothing for them to fix because they can’t.

My wife loved the car (putting aside the engine issues) and it was her favorite car she had owned up until it got to 100+ in temperature and than it was no good for what we needed it for. If it is just the 2 or you and not driving a lot of people around you might get by or if you don’t live in a very hot climate. This would be a great car for California. Best of luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts