Jeep Wagoneer Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2022 Grand Wagoneer series III
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I ordered my wife a GW obsidian in ember pearl coat which looks to be real dark maroon, anybody seen one this color in person?
Glasses Vision care Eyewear Flash photography Spokesperson
Since there have been zero answers on this I looked through the reservations and orders post on here and I’m the only one showing to have ordered ember pearl. Has anyone else considered that color or does everybody else just not like it???

· Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think the forum isnt generally too active, and I think maroon is not a color that excites too many so it's a tough combo lol
You are correct on the forum not being too active, but ember pearl is by far the best color I’ve seen on one of these! After almost a year my ember pearl obsidian finally came in. My wife didn’t think she would be crazy about the color but she couldn’t have been more wrong! It has to be in direct sunlight to not look black. They should have called it black cherry because it’s not maroon.

· Registered
101 Posts
You are correct on the forum not being too active, but ember pearl is by far the best color I’ve seen on one of these! After almost a year my ember pearl obsidian finally came in. My wife didn’t think she would be crazy about the color but she couldn’t have been more wrong! It has to be in direct sunlight to not look black. They should have called it black cherry because it’s not maroon.
I saw one grand Cherokee L with this color at my local dealer lot. It was around noon and the car looked almost black from a distance. It wasn't until we got close and looked at the sun's reflection on the hood that I saw that it wasn't black. To my eyes, it appeared to be plum or purple-black and not so much maroon. A metallic classier version of plum-crazy for Dodge!

· Registered
51 Posts
I ordered my '23 Obsidian in Ember Pearl, as well. Can you post a picture of your wife's?
What pushed me in this direction was the write up on Car & Driver. The color just looks beautiful in certain angles. Mopar Insiders also had one that looked purple in both shots they posted. So I guess it's one of those "mood" colors...lol

· Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I ordered my '23 Obsidian in Ember Pearl, as well. Can you post a picture of your wife's?
What pushed me in this direction was the write up on Car & Driver. The color just looks beautiful in certain angles. Mopar Insiders also had one that looked purple in both shots they posted. So I guess it's one of those "mood" colors...lol
Most unfortunately we did not purchase it. My GW SIII that was 111k they only offered 78k BUT they were only willing to discount the new one 3000!!! I’ve never been so insulted in my 53 years. Carl Lewis himself could not have beat me out the door. Both vehicles were 2022 models.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts