Jeep Wagoneer Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2022 Grand Wagoneer series III
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We bought one of the first grands to hit the ground in Texas but unfortunately it wasn’t configured exactly like the boss(my wife) wanted so I put an order in then for exactly what she had in mind. At that time there wasn’t even talk of the new motor. Here we are @6 months later and our new one has a ship date of July 30th. Well turns out that our new one is gonna have the new motor so I’m dang curious if anyone has one and what they think about it. I know all the advertising on it says it’s the best thing since they started slicing bread but I’m looking for someone that knows for sure.

· Registered
8 Posts
hmm so is the hurricane standard in the GW? and are you getting the standard or the high ouput version? I want to order a 2023 wagoneer instead of getting a 22 just because of this engine. Plus I can't find a 22 with a factory Tow package anywhere

· Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When I ordered mine the order sheet said just said “engine upgrade” for $2000 and I hadn’t even heard of the new motor. But when my salesman sent me a pick of the updated screen it says “3.0L I6 hurricane HO twin turbo ESS” which is how I discovered I’m getting the new motor. Mine is being built as a 2022.
Grille Water Rectangle Font Output device
Grille Water Rectangle Font Output device

· Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That question has been asked and I was one of the ones that answered NO! But since it turns out that I accidentally ordered one I’m dang curious to hear what somebody that has one thinks about it. I’m hoping the hellcat motor shows up in one but it looks like my next one is gonna have the hurricane motor.

· Registered
2022 Grand Wagoner Series III B. White / Agave
43 Posts
In speaking with the President of the UAW at Warren they have run some pilot cars for sequencing. That production was to begin in July 2022. I ordered mine on 3-29-22. I received a VIN and D1 status on 4-12-2022. I have had delivery dates from 5-22 and it jumped more than election results. Last was 7-29 then 7-30....Now at 8-20. I actually wanted the motor I have a GWIII ordered. One piece of good news is the hands free lift gate has been added back to my build as of yesterdays update. I am in Cypress Texas.

If you search inventory in your area and add the Hurricane motor you will see that dealers are now starting to show future inventory with the motor. There are no window stickers so while it states they are being built they have not started yet. When I ordered there were vehicles on dealers inventory pages as coming soon and all of those orders with out being sold were deleted not to be built "Sold Only"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts