Jeep Wagoneer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my Wagoneer Series III Premium on order since end of March. I debated between Premium and Off-road but chose premium based on Rear Seat Entertainment primarily for planned road trips including 4-year old grandson. 馃榾

I also read between the lines in the spec that the 4x4 version of the Premium would include the Quadra-Drive version of the Jeep 4WD systems, since it includes the eLimited Slip Differential and Selec-Speed. Can anyone verify that it is indeed a Quadra-Drive vehicle?Jeep is pretty tight-lipped about details.

thanks, Wayne

Registered
Hi from Pioneertown CA.
The series III includes Quadra drive 2 4wd with limited slip rear diff and hill descent control as well as a 2 speed transfer case, but 22 " wheels.
I am actually in contact with Wagoneer to change them to 20" wheels, but as you say, they do not give a lot info.

Ron

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi from Pioneertown CA.
The series III includes Quadra drive 2 4wd with limited slip rear diff and hill descent control as well as a 2 speed transfer case, but 22 " wheels.
I am actually in contact with Wagoneer to change them to 20" wheels, but as you say, they do not give a lot info.

Ron
thanks Pioneer52! Great to have that confirmed. How are you working with Jeep on the 20鈥 wheels? I鈥檇 maybe like to try too, but don鈥檛 want anything to delay things.

Registered
Talking to the Concierge and the dealer - without any success, so far. Did you get an approximate delivery date? I haven't gotten an answer to that either. I would not want it if I get it next year.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, I'm just going by what a couple of other posters mentioned about being given a July build date when their order dates were mid-March and mid-April. My order date is March 28, so I'm hoping it means a July build date. Of course with the chip shortage I suspect all bets are off. I was looking at a Yukon Denali as an alternate, but GMC isn't taking new orders themselves and even if they were I'm told it could be a 14 week wait. So I'm kind of watching what Denalis are actually showing up at dealerships.

Wayne

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wrote to the concierge email and for what it鈥檚 worth, he told me their records show my vehicle as Production Done, but with no roll-out date. So I鈥檓 not sure exactly how much work is left after the car has been assembled (test, engine run-in, programming etc) but I鈥檓 feeling more confident.

wayne

Registered
That sounds very promising. Congrats.
I have not placed the order yet, I am still waiting for some answers from the concierge or the dealer.
It looks like I will need to change the dealership as the the only interest of the local dealer is to sign a contract and collect some money. It seems true what critics said, Chrysler is not really prepared to sell luxury cars.
It was a much more satisfying experience buying my first Grand Wagoneer from AMC in 1986. This will be my fourth.

Ron

Registered
Welcome everyone!

What information has Jeep sent you so far after ordering?
Haven't placed an order yet but curious to see what that end of the process is like.

Registered
Welcome everyone!

What information has Jeep sent you so far after ordering?
Haven't placed an order yet but curious to see what that end of the process is like.
Jeep sends you nothing. Your dealer may send you a confirmation summary called a POC ) Priced Order Confirmation. Kind of a list of what you ordered and pricing etc.

Registered
Not exactly what you expect paying a 100 grand or any amount. If this is indication of their after sale service .....

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I got an early confirmation of my deposit. I asked to get more detailed configuration dats but the concierge service couldn鈥檛 help me. My dealer was good with providing a copy of dealer information. The dealer also sent me a copy of the POC as mentioned above. It included a VIN number. Today was the first substantive confirmation that my car may actually have been built, which was a surprise and I鈥檓 still a little skeptical until I see the ship date. 馃榾 But I鈥檓 hopeful.

Registered
Every question (about four so far) I asked of the consigliere was responded with an " I don't know", or "We don't have that information" Utterly useless so far. They truly don't get that at this price level, it is their job to get answers.

Registered
I totally agree, same story with the Concierge, just like the dealership that does not even respond to my emails anymore.
I asked about going to another dealer, but that means cancelation of reservation and starting all over.

I do not think my questions are too difficult to answer. If they are already building the vehicle, somebody should know:
Will there be an approximate date of delivery according to the date of my reservation?
Can the wheel size for the GW III be changed to the 20" wheel available for the Wagoneer?
Is a spare wheel included or will it be an extra item and where can it be stored?
Can the drowsy driver detection and the active driver assist be turned off?
My questions about ground clearance and angles of attack were already answered in a blog on the internet.

Any answer from the forum would be highly appreciated!! Thanks

Ron

Registered
Spare tire is good question. Shutting off drowsy driver and active driver assist is another. Why would you rather the 20" wheel instead of 22?

I asked about gas mileage, when the additional colors would be available, and if the free service and pickup is only for the closest dealer near your house. No one knew.

Front license plate bracket is another thing I worry about. I hope they don't intent on drilling through the front bumper cover.

Registered
I do a lot of backcountry trails including access to my home, more rubber and air is better, also more choices on off-road tires.
Why they do not offer the midnight blue as shown in the photos remains a mystery, I think it is the nicest color.

Registered
I have my Wagoneer Series III Premium on order since end of March. I debated between Premium and Off-road but chose premium based on Rear Seat Entertainment primarily for planned road trips including 4-year old grandson. 馃榾

I also read between the lines in the spec that the 4x4 version of the Premium would include the Quadra-Drive version of the Jeep 4WD systems, since it includes the eLimited Slip Differential and Selec-Speed. Can anyone verify that it is indeed a Quadra-Drive vehicle?Jeep is pretty tight-lipped about details.

thanks, Wayne
Welcome to the forum @SeattleWayne! That's awesome you plan on doing some road trips with your grandson! The Series III will come with a Quadra drive setup. Which color combination are you going with for your Wagoneer?

Registered
I totally agree, same story with the Concierge, just like the dealership that does not even respond to my emails anymore.
I asked about going to another dealer, but that means cancelation of reservation and starting all over.

I do not think my questions are too difficult to answer. If they are already building the vehicle, somebody should know:
Will there be an approximate date of delivery according to the date of my reservation?
Can the wheel size for the GW III be changed to the 20" wheel available for the Wagoneer?
Is a spare wheel included or will it be an extra item and where can it be stored?
Can the drowsy driver detection and the active driver assist be turned off?
My questions about ground clearance and angles of attack were already answered in a blog on the internet.

Any answer from the forum would be highly appreciated!! Thanks

Ron
Spare tire is good question. Shutting off drowsy driver and active driver assist is another. Why would you rather the 20" wheel instead of 22?

I asked about gas mileage, when the additional colors would be available, and if the free service and pickup is only for the closest dealer near your house. No one knew.

Front license plate bracket is another thing I worry about. I hope they don't intent on drilling through the front bumper cover.
Prototypes have been spotted with spare tires so hopefully that can carry over to the production model.

Registered
I do a lot of backcountry trails including access to my home, more rubber and air is better, also more choices on off-road tires.
Why they do not offer the midnight blue as shown in the photos remains a mystery, I think it is the nicest color.
What about for towing purposes? Can you educate me if the 22 inch tires or the 20 inch tires would be better for towing heavy loads? I assume the psi in the tires would also have to be increased when you tow...that is what I do on my current truck.

Registered
Don't do much towing, I would assume 22 45's would have more lateral stability when towing. On the other hand not much to cushion the weight.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i debated getting the series III Off Road but really wanted the Rear Seat Entertainment for young grandson and other family members for planned longer road trips. Plus I鈥檓 really not sure how much serious off roading I鈥檒l get into. But I鈥檓 kind of resigned to getting a set of 20鈥 tires/wheels extra at some point.

I鈥檝e been frustrated too about pulling info from Jeep. I was a bit flabbergasted they told me as much as they did yesterday. I鈥檓 even a little skeptical- I鈥檒l believe it when I get an actual ship date. I have heard though in one of the more reliable YouTube auto channels that Wagoneer models would be appearing at dealers 鈥渧ery soon鈥. I鈥檓 still seeing 鈥淪ummer 2021鈥 but how do they define Summer? June through August? June 20 through September 21? inquiring minds want to know!

Waynr

1 - 20 of 32 Posts