Jeep Wagoneer Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When they were initially taking deposits I sent an email asking if/when the blue in the promotional material would be produced and what the plans for the rumored long wheelbase. Also asked about any possible track/trail editions. Nothing back but crickets. After a month or so had passed I asked again about the color blue and received a response that they had no info on colors. When they released the digital version of the printed marketing material the color blue was all over it. Finally towards the middle of July I saw there was a lot of buzz on this forum that builds were getting close and as that was the initial delivery time frame I sent the concierge another question about the availability in dealership to see one of the vehicles in person. They told me that the vehicles were beginning to be shipped to dealerships and I should check with them. Of course the response from local dealerships say they have no idea when they’ll ever see a vehicle.

I don’t want to sound like I’m disparaging anyone who has bought a new Wagoneer - I really am envious of all of you. I just couldn’t make the commitment when I felt like no one had any answers. I want to know if I’m wrong in expecting more of a response than a shrug on a $100,000 vehicle? Or should I just be expecting the same service I get with my JK when the hinges corrode, the roof leaks, or the dealership replaces most of the electronics in it trying to get a check engine light to go out. Then the average wrangler forum guys go what do you expect it’s a Jeep. I know we can’t comment on build quality yet but am I going to be making excuses for service because a vehicle is a Jeep?

·
Registered
8 Posts
When they were initially taking deposits I sent an email asking if/when the blue in the promotional material would be produced and what the plans for the rumored long wheelbase. Also asked about any possible track/trail editions. Nothing back but crickets. After a month or so had passed I asked again about the color blue and received a response that they had no info on colors. When they released the digital version of the printed marketing material the color blue was all over it. Finally towards the middle of July I saw there was a lot of buzz on this forum that builds were getting close and as that was the initial delivery time frame I sent the concierge another question about the availability in dealership to see one of the vehicles in person. They told me that the vehicles were beginning to be shipped to dealerships and I should check with them. Of course the response from local dealerships say they have no idea when they’ll ever see a vehicle.

I don’t want to sound like I’m disparaging anyone who has bought a new Wagoneer - I really am envious of all of you. I just couldn’t make the commitment when I felt like no one had any answers. I want to know if I’m wrong in expecting more of a response than a shrug on a $100,000 vehicle? Or should I just be expecting the same service I get with my JK when the hinges corrode, the roof leaks, or the dealership replaces most of the electronics in it trying to get a check engine light to go out. Then the average wrangler forum guys go what do you expect it’s a Jeep. I know we can’t comment on build quality yet but am I going to be making excuses for service because a vehicle is a Jeep?
Not making a commitment at this point is probably a wise decision on your part. No need to be envious of anyone who has bought a new Wagoneer on this forum. There has been no indication on this forum that any orders going back to March have been filled yet. The concierge has no knowledge or information about anything. Probably why the original email and number for the concierge is no longer in service. The new number they give is just as clueless as the old service. You are not wrong to expect better customer communication and service on a $100,000 vehicle. However, obviously the powers that be at STALLantis think that the level of service previously provided on $40,000 Jeeps is sufficient. Their 10 customer promises appear to be nothing but corporate bs that they have no intention of trying to honor. The way the rollout has been handled up to this point leads me to believe that we will all "be making excuses for service because the vehicle is a Jeep."

·
Registered
121 Posts
Hey @cbarry it looks like we'll have to be very patient with Jeep unfortunately.
Are you going to wait it out or look for another vehicle?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@SJ90 - I have a Commander with 186k on it (original owner with lifetime powertrain) that continues to keep puttering along as well as the JK so I'm not in a position where I have to have something else. I was interested in the Wagoneer because it looks like it has a usable third row with additional cargo space compared to the Commander. I'm also contemplating getting a trailer and the tiny little 3.7 I have now won't cut it. I wasn't looking to buy the Commander when I ended up with it but Jeep was in the process of bankruptcy and they were giving them away.

I'm going to wait it out. I think if they had been super responsive in the beginning I may have gone through with the deposit even without the blue color. Now I feel like since I waited already I should at least test drive one before making the decision. I will say that it not being a Tahoe/Suburban/Yukon/Navigator means a bit more just because I feel like those other guys feel pretty common by me. It's the same reason the Obsidian is a non-starter - reminds me of another big black Long Island soccer mom-mobile. But I'm also a moron who'd have considered faux wood paneling if it was an option. I know the Wagoneer will move units because it looks like those other vehicles (including some styling cues that remind me of a Rover) but I would have preferred it to look more distinctly Wagoneer.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Got good service from the concierge service yesterday. I was calling on a technical question (which audio formats the McIntosh sound system could handle). As I expected she didn’t know the answer right off, but she checked and got back to me within two hours with both phone call and email.

Also without prompting she gave me an update on the status of my Wagoneer Series III (in storage waiting for final QA) and said she’d be in touch each week. Followed up with another email this morning confirming this. So definitely a step up in responsiveness from earlier contacts.

Wayne

·
Registered
121 Posts
@SJ90 - I have a Commander with 186k on it (original owner with lifetime powertrain) that continues to keep puttering along as well as the JK so I'm not in a position where I have to have something else. I was interested in the Wagoneer because it looks like it has a usable third row with additional cargo space compared to the Commander. I'm also contemplating getting a trailer and the tiny little 3.7 I have now won't cut it. I wasn't looking to buy the Commander when I ended up with it but Jeep was in the process of bankruptcy and they were giving them away.

I'm going to wait it out. I think if they had been super responsive in the beginning I may have gone through with the deposit even without the blue color. Now I feel like since I waited already I should at least test drive one before making the decision. I will say that it not being a Tahoe/Suburban/Yukon/Navigator means a bit more just because I feel like those other guys feel pretty common by me. It's the same reason the Obsidian is a non-starter - reminds me of another big black Long Island soccer mom-mobile. But I'm also a moron who'd have considered faux wood paneling if it was an option. I know the Wagoneer will move units because it looks like those other vehicles (including some styling cues that remind me of a Rover) but I would have preferred it to look more distinctly Wagoneer.
Would you be okay with getting a demo model?
That does seem to be one way to jump the queue although you'll be calling around a lot. Someone determined enough can pull it off.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Would you be okay with getting a demo model?
That does seem to be one way to jump the queue although you'll be calling around a lot. Someone determined enough can pull it off.
Are they going to give me a demo model price or am I still paying the new/shiny/supply chain/chip shortage/covid tax?

Are demo GWs even available? All of the dealerships around me have them as "being built" with it looks like one with a Series I as "in transit." Looking a bit further away I see four Series I's in transit with one Series II in transit. Nothing in stock yet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts