Jeep Wagoneer Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Moderate off road travel (5 of 10) nicked all 4 rims ( I wanted 20's but the GW III only cones with 22's - oversized Yoko Geolanders saved the day), the slight vibration experienced when back on the road at 70 mph hopefully is due to an unbalanced wheel.
An unintended drop into an over a foot deep short rut scratched the front and rear bumpers, took out the underbody spoiler and broke one of 2 attachments on one side of one of the roof crossbars with a rooftent on top.
That attachment certainly needs improvement !!!
Besides that, as I said before in an other post, the GW III is an incredible off road performer, solely limited by it's size.
I wish Jeep had been a little more cooperative when ordering the vehicle supplying the preferred wheels.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Crazy. More details or pics please. This is awesome.

Did you have the susp raised? Play around with drive settings? How did the 4lo perform?

And what size are your tires?

I’m debating switching my order from a GWS3 to a WS3 or GWS1 just because I plan on beating on it a bit and kinda want 20’s with AT rubber. I love the carpeted and leather panels in the GW but think the plastic and seating surfaces in the W will be more durable, and the lack of second row console is probably better with young kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts

Did you have the susp raised? Play around with drive settings? How did the 4lo perform?

I’m debating switching my order from a GWS3 to a WS3 or GWS1 just because I plan on beating on it a bit and kinda want 20’s with AT rubber. I love the carpeted and leather panels in the GW but think the plastic and seating surfaces in the W will be more durable, and the lack of second row console is probably better with young kids.

We have a GW1 with the bench seat. Perfect for kids.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

No pics, sorry, when the going get rough we are busy driving. Off road suspension is on 4 or 5, depending on the conditions, drive mode mostly auto, sometimes rock as 4 lo hardly ever needed, the hemi has so much torque.
Running 285/50/22 Yoko Geolander G015's, very strong tires, not as aggressive as Ko2's but much quieter and better balanced. Possibly could fit 285/55's. Larger AT tires cut at least 1 mpg.
Rear bench gives us full size flat loading surface.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Plant Plant community

1 - 4 of 4 Posts