Jeep Wagoneer Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I just worked out the numbers on a WS1 with the Premium package added on (pano sunroof, 20inch wheels, etc). I noticed that the leather is different from the WSII. Also there is not a wood trim, but rather graphite look plastic. Is there a big difference in quality? They have a WSII but it is 8k more than the WS1(makes no sense). I do not want all auto rain wipes, lane assist etc. But excited about the new vehicle.

Thanks

· Registered
102 Posts
Hey, I just worked out the numbers on a WS1 with the Premium package added on (pano sunroof, 20inch wheels, etc). I noticed that the leather is different from the WSII. Also there is not a wood trim, but rather graphite look plastic. Is there a big difference in quality? They have a WSII but it is 8k more than the WS1(makes no sense). I do not want all auto rain wipes, lane assist etc. But excited about the new vehicle.

Thanks
Hi, I was in the same exact boat. The WSII just didn't make sense to me. I didn't see any value added for the $8K-$10K difference in price. I tested a WSII and WSIII. I don't care for power third-row folding seats which were very slow to operate. I didn't care for all that lane-keeping and GPS Navi stuff (To me, those are more electronic gadgets that can go bad later and cost $$$$ to fix). The base WSI already comes with all the front/rear parking sensors. None of the Wagoneers I tested had any wood trim. They all had different types of glossy plastic trim on the steering wheel, doors, and dash. Every button on the dash was identical on all three trims. The base WSI comes pretty loaded including power-adjusted pedals, heated and cooled front seats, and a heated steering wheel. The WSI comes with Capri Leather seats while WSII and WSIII come with Nappa leather. My eyes, fingers, nose, and butt couldn't tell the difference so I didn't want to pay the difference. The WSII that I tested looked IDENTICAL on the outside to the WSI with the premium group that I ended up purchasing for $10K less. WSII do have more factory offers/rebates on them. I had accumulated about $10K in rebates but still couldn't get it to the price of the WSI with PG. So the WSI was still less expensive and it had an awesome Pano sunroof that just opens up the interior. The WSIII we tested was black on black with dealer-installed dark-tinted windows! It felt like a big dark Uber or Airport bus, lol. We didn't like it. Not sure where you are but WSI with Premium Group is really scarce. AZ, for example, has less than 9 of them, in total. Most of them were loaded up
WSI's with the convenience package, 4x4, and the passenger screen mounted in the dash added no value for me and those dealers were too far for me to drive up to. For us, the WSI with the PG 4x2 was the sweet spot. We just picked it up yesterday and we are loving it! I hope you find one with no markups or dealer-installed options.

Below are two of the Wagoneers that I test-drove. The red one was WSII 4x2 with no additional options. Stickered at just under $75K. At the bottom is a Baltic Gray WSI with the premium group 4x2 as well. it was stickered at just under $65K. As you can see, they look identical on the outside. On the inside, the ONLY difference was three buttons on the steering wheel (on the right side cluster for active lane keep and GPS-enabled cruise control). Also, on the center console just in front of the gear selector dial, there are a couple of additional buttons related to the active driving nannies. I hope this helps!
Car Land vehicle Wheel Tire Vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, I was in the same exact boat. The WSII just didn't make sense to me. I didn't see any value added for the $8K-$10K difference in price. I tested a WSII and WSIII. I don't care for power third-row folding seats which were very slow to operate. I didn't care for all that lane-keeping and GPS Navi stuff (To me, those are more electronic gadgets that can go bad later and cost $$$$ to fix). The base WSI already comes with all the front/rear parking sensors. None of the Wagoneers I tested had any wood trim. They all had different types of glossy plastic trim on the steering wheel, doors, and dash. Every button on the dash was identical on all three trims. The base WSI comes pretty loaded including power-adjusted pedals, heated and cooled front seats, and a heated steering wheel. The WSI comes with Capri Leather seats while WSII and WSIII come with Nappa leather. My eyes, fingers, nose, and butt couldn't tell the difference so I didn't want to pay the difference. The WSII that I tested looked IDENTICAL on the outside to the WSI with the premium group that I ended up purchasing for $10K less. WSII do have more factory offers/rebates on them. I had accumulated about $10K in rebates but still couldn't get it to the price of the WSI with PG. So the WSI was still less expensive and it had an awesome Pano sunroof that just opens up the interior. The WSIII we tested was black on black with dealer-installed dark-tinted windows! It felt like a big dark Uber or Airport bus, lol. We didn't like it. Not sure where you are but WSI with Premium Group is really scarce. AZ, for example, has less than 9 of them, in total. Most of them were loaded up
WSI's with the convenience package, 4x4, and the passenger screen mounted in the dash added no value for me and those dealers were too far for me to drive up to. For us, the WSI with the PG 4x2 was the sweet spot. We just picked it up yesterday and we are loving it! I hope you find one with no markups or dealer-installed options.

Below are two of the Wagoneers that I test-drove. The red one was WSII 4x2 with no additional options. Stickered at just under $75K. At the bottom is a Baltic Gray WSI with the premium group 4x2 as well. it was stickered at just under $65K. As you can see, they look identical on the outside. On the inside, the ONLY difference was three buttons on the steering wheel (on the right side cluster for active lane keep and GPS-enabled cruise control). Also, on the center console just in front of the gear selector dial, there are a couple of additional buttons related to the active driving nannies. I hope this helps!
View attachment 1708
View attachment 1709
Thanks for the reply. We oickes up the WS1 in red with Premium package and 4wd. We love it so far. I wish i had found $10k worth of rebates like you!! Ended up paying around $64k for it.

· Registered
102 Posts
Thanks for the reply. We oickes up the WS1 in red with Premium package and 4wd. We love it so far. I wish i had found $10k worth of rebates like you!! Ended up paying around $64k for it.
Congratulations on the purchase! We love ours. The rebates are not on WS1. Only Series 2 had those rebates. The only rebate they had on WS1 was $2000 for a competitive acquisition discount (WS2 has $3500). The dealer discounted another $2650 off MSRP and I had another $500 in FCA Affiliate Rewards program through my employer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts