Jeep Wagoneer Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. Does anyone know if there's a way to order the OEM parts for the GW for the rear display? I've looked on mopar and other sites and don't see any options. I know some stuff you can't really get after the fact, but this seems like one that would be possible to do. Worst case I can always get a different brand, but I like that the OEM screens connect with all the Uconnect stuff.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey everyone. Does anyone know if there's a way to order the OEM parts for the GW for the rear display? I've looked on mopar and other sites and don't see any options. I know some stuff you can't really get after the fact, but this seems like one that would be possible to do. Worst case I can always get a different brand, but I like that the OEM screens connect with all the Uconnect stuff.
Waiting for info would like to know also

·
Registered
8 Posts
Honestly in this day and age I think rear seat entertainment is somewhat prehistoric. Kids have iPads, they don't want to deal with Netflix from 2 feet away when they can't touch the screen
plus you can buy 5 Ipads for the cost of the rear seat entertainment package. I don't get what the advantage is to having those things mounted to the back of your seats. FOr people that want it what am I missing? Why not just give you kids an ipad you can load all kinds of content on and use via the cars hotspot or your hotspot from your phone.

·
Registered
87 Posts
plus you can buy 5 Ipads for the cost of the rear seat entertainment package. I don't get what the advantage is to having those things mounted to the back of your seats. FOr people that want it what am I missing? Why not just give you kids an ipad you can load all kinds of content on and use via the cars hotspot or your hotspot from your phone.
I'm still mad at myself for getting the front passenger screen. LOL

·
Registered
8 Posts
why don't you like the passenger screen? I was thinking of ordering one with that. I hate how in my Durango my wife can't update navigation while we are driving. It is locked out while car is in drive. Can you do that on passenger screen in wagoneer?

·
Registered
1 Posts
why don't you like the passenger screen? I was thinking of ordering one with that. I hate how in my Durango my wife can't update navigation while we are driving. It is locked out while car is in drive. Can you do that on passenger screen in wagoneer?
Yes you can update nav from the passenger screen. Also they can have their own entertainment like music (over Bluetooth headphones) and it has an HDMI port so they could even run a Roku or something on it.

Just got home tonight with our Carbide Series 2, so just learning it all.

·
Registered
87 Posts
You can, but it's not as convenient as it sounds. To me it's a gimmick, we never use it, but it sounded cool so I checked the box lol. I wouldn't do that a second time for sure.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts