Jeep Wagoneer Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, As we know the grand Wagoneer cannot be ordered with 2nd row captain chairs WITHOUT the huge center console. So I have two questions: 1. Is it possible to completely remove the center console? I know there are climate controls etc. in the center console but if I want to create a pass-through space in the second row of a Grand Wagoneer I am wondering if it's possible to complete remove this center console. 2. Likewise, if I order a grand wagoneer with the second row bench seat with 40/20/40 configuration, would it be possible to completely remove the middle "20" seat completely out of the vehicle to create a pass through space? Thanks!
YES - a million times yes! Same here. I wish there was an option to order captain seats without middle row console. I see some have removed and are then covering floor with all weather mats. Why doesn't Jeep offer this option? Also, any issues with Wagoneers? I've had a Toyota Land Cruiser that I've loved and still do. But with two growing, active children and a 90lb black lab that goes everywhere with us, I'm wishing for a little extra space. I've heard concerns about quality of Jeep vs. Toyota. I'd appreciate any insight y'all can offer! TIA!

·
Registered
7 Posts
FYI you can buy just the 2nd/3rd combo mat to cover that gap for $100 from weathertech. 2022 Jeep Wagoneer Floor Mats - Laser measured Floor Mats For Perfect Fit | WeatherTech

I already have the 8 passenger mats, but plan on removing the center jumper seat for longer trips, so thats my plan. swap out the rear mats when I remove/reinstall the center seat. As pointed out above its pretty quick and easy to unbolt and pull it out. Id also bet money the GW center console would bolt into that hole as well.
That's cool! That's new from when I did my removal. I checked Weathertech's site back then - they only had a 2-piece solution at the time (their current 8-passenger set.)

Will order this new one and update everyone on how it looks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks for sharing. Since you removed the center console and that had the controls for the rear heated seats, AC, etc. I'm assuming you can still control it all from the front? Did it cause any glitches or errors?
For me, I had the upgrade package without the center console - it had a middle seat. This middle seat upgrade package also moves the 2nd row controls to the back of the front console - as there is no console to put them on.

If I had the console in the rear, it would be harder to remove as it has those controls. The middle seat option ironically makes the removal more realistic.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ok, I got and installed the weathertech one piece seat mat. Other than one glaring issue, they work great.

The issue is pretty annoying though - there is a large space that is blocked off in front of the console:
Motor vehicle Car seat cover Steering part Automotive design Gear shift

I’ve ping‘ed WeatherTech customer service - and their response was pretty poor (sorry, its just that way..)

So if you’re considering this - be aware of it. My kids tend to spill in the center a lot, and coverage of that area would be ideal.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I went with the floor liner from a regular 8 row configuration and molded my own center floor cover to cover the removed middle seat. I also didn’t like how the weather tech wasn’t wide enough between the two captains chairs and left a gap on the sides, guessing because the real captains chairs have bulkier plastic in the side. Bolted to a Z bracket that I had lying around that’s wedged under each captain chair frame, not going anywhere.
Hood Automotive tire Light Automotive lighting Black

Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive exterior

Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Bumper

21 - 25 of 25 Posts