Jeep Wagoneer Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

As we know the grand Wagoneer cannot be ordered with 2nd row captain chairs WITHOUT the huge center console.

So I have two questions:

1. Is it possible to completely remove the center console? I know there are climate controls etc. in the center console but if I want to create a pass-through space in the second row of a Grand Wagoneer I am wondering if it's possible to complete remove this center console.

2. Likewise, if I order a grand wagoneer with the second row bench seat with 40/20/40 configuration, would it be possible to completely remove the middle "20" seat completely out of the vehicle to create a pass through space?

Thanks!

·
Registered
307 Posts
Welcome to the forum @maxb. I imagine it's possible to remove the center console if you're ambitious enough but the real question is what you'd do with all the wiring underneath.

Is there a particular reason why the pass through space is so important to you?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is there a particular reason why the pass through space is so important to you?
Because I really like open space in the middle of captain chairs in 2nd row of the Wagoneers for easy pass thru to the third row. We have two big boys and a baby with car seat and it is important not having to fold the second row all the time to access the third row. Additionally, it makes the third row feel even more 'open', roomier and live-able with the pass thru space.

I plan on getting the Grand Wagoneer but the only two options for 2nd row are either the huge console ... OR ... the bench seat with 40/20/40 configuration.

Between these two options, I am biased towards getting the bench seat instead of the console which I really feel doesn't suite our family.

I wish Jeep starts offering the center console delete option (like escalade, denali etc.) because that would make it a perfect config.

So I am keen to know how the middle seat is attached to the floor and if it's possible to remove it

1 - 3 of 3 Posts