Jeep Wagoneer Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where do I start?

I'll start here. Driving to dinner, the wife sees for the first time the new Jeep Grand Wagoneer driving down the road. We had an Escalade on order, that we were waiting on delivery. She used the words, "That's my dream car..". The next day, I canceled the order of the Escalade and proceeded to find a GW Series II on a local lot. Purchased it, and hid the vehicle until Christmas morning. She loved it.

Well, until she got into it to start it and it would not start. The vehicle sat and tried to turn over for about 20 seconds and stopped. It did this for about 5 minutes, we let it sit, and then finally it turned over. I should have known then that we were in for an adventure. The vehicle seemed amazing for the first 100 miles or so, around 4 days after having the vehicle the driver's side headlight decided it would not shut off. I mean, it would stay on all night shining against the house. At the same time we noticed the seat heaters were not functioning correctly (Randomly shutting off), then the Uconnected screen would freeze until the vehicle was restarted. The dealership came and picked up the vehicle from us, and dropped off another Grand Wagoneer loaner vehicle. They had the vehicle for 14 days. In those 14 days, our brand new LOANER Grand Wagoneer had transmission issues, seat heaters did not work, uconnect screen would freeze and we would randomly get all of the malfunction lights on the dashboard. Then, the power steering went out and left us stranded on the side of the highway. The dealership came and swapped out another vehicle for us. Now, 14 days after dropping off OUR vehicle, we received a call it was finished. We went and picked it up, and within the 35 miles drive back to our home, the headlights went out causing an error, and from there, all the dash lights came back on and we were at square one. The dealership came and picked up the vehicle and dropped off a Jeep Grand Cherokee L - Brand new 50 miles. Over the next 2-3 weeks of driving the LOANER this Jeep also broke down and had major issues disabling the suspension, power steering and the airbags of all things. We called, the dealership literally laughed uncomfortably, and sent us an older model -- which ended up working great. It worked great for the THREE months it has taken them to work on our Jeep and figure what out what was going on...... it must not have went well because THANKFULLY, we received a call from Chrysler advising us they were purchasing our vehicle back from us. We went through quite a process with that, it was streamlined but time-consuming, and they allowed us to keep the loaner through the process. They also provided a CDI code which is a Chrysler executive discount for the purchase of another Jeep Grand Wagoneer. We ended up purchasing a series 3. How stupid. In the first 50 miles our jeep broke down, electrical issues, suspension issues, the Uconnect screen would not even turn on without disconnecting the battery and reconnecting, and the thing would chime as you drove every 2 minutes, even though all doors were closed and seatbelts were on. There was no indication as to why it was chiming. We immediately contacted the dealership, turned the vehicle around, and returned it. This is the worst vehicle I have ever purchased, and it was not isolated to one vehicle, but a total of FOUR all running the same year / software. We decided to go back and purchase the Escalade, which we did and so far 1000+ miles it's been EXCELLENT.

Side note: I'm scarred from our experience. When I see this vehicle on the road now I have instant empathy and curiosity about others experiences with their vehicle. Last night, while filling up my Escalade I saw a woman who had the brand new 2022 GW just like the one I had purchased, and I walked over there and asked how her experience has been with the vehicle, she had an instant look of disgust on her face and said, "Don't even get me started....if you're interested in buying one of these you better rethink it... this has been the worst vehicle I've ever purchased..." I then told her my story and we shared many of the same issues.

·
Registered
18 Posts
FYI WAAAAAAAAAAAY More lemons than runners! I can promise you that, especially the GW seriesIII. I am first on the list for a Escalade V series from my Caddy dealer, i have to get lawyers involved to get my pos gw III turned back in to jeep. One of the largest dealers in my city wont even sell ANY Wagoneers because of all the issues. Wish i would have bought mine from them! what a shame!

·
Registered
55 Posts
My series 3 wagoneer is having many issues.
1. Heated seats stop working on driver side after apx 8 mins. They just shut off.

2. The Radio works intermittently.

3. The 4x4 system is stuck on right now and is binding up.

4. Had the power side step stuck open at one point while driving.

5. Third row rattles while driving. Im sure i can fix that myself.

We have a appointment on the 24th to address 4 of the 5 complaints.
Im fine with the wagoneer as long as they can fix it. I got a extended warranty through wagoneer services for my troubles but if this problem keeps happening I will have them replace the car with another wagoneer and if that doesnt work then i will have to go elsewhere for my business.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just sounds like you got a lemon! That sucks! Mine is doing just fine and love it, but understand your anger. These things happen with all brands especially in new models.
My only problem Series III 4X4 Loaded $92k. NO! Power Fold In mirrors. What!! Who does that!. Turn off seat warmers, seat still hot. Finally, Wireless disconnect message pops up while navigating and I lose direction.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts