Jeep Wagoneer Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where do I start?

I'll start here. Driving to dinner, the wife sees for the first time the new Jeep Grand Wagoneer driving down the road. We had an Escalade on order, that we were waiting on delivery. She used the words, "That's my dream car..". The next day, I canceled the order of the Escalade and proceeded to find a GW Series II on a local lot. Purchased it, and hid the vehicle until Christmas morning. She loved it.

Well, until she got into it to start it and it would not start. The vehicle sat and tried to turn over for about 20 seconds and stopped. It did this for about 5 minutes, we let it sit, and then finally it turned over. I should have known then that we were in for an adventure. The vehicle seemed amazing for the first 100 miles or so, around 4 days after having the vehicle the driver's side headlight decided it would not shut off. I mean, it would stay on all night shining against the house. At the same time we noticed the seat heaters were not functioning correctly (Randomly shutting off), then the Uconnected screen would freeze until the vehicle was restarted. The dealership came and picked up the vehicle from us, and dropped off another Grand Wagoneer loaner vehicle. They had the vehicle for 14 days. In those 14 days, our brand new LOANER Grand Wagoneer had transmission issues, seat heaters did not work, uconnect screen would freeze and we would randomly get all of the malfunction lights on the dashboard. Then, the power steering went out and left us stranded on the side of the highway. The dealership came and swapped out another vehicle for us. Now, 14 days after dropping off OUR vehicle, we received a call it was finished. We went and picked it up, and within the 35 miles drive back to our home, the headlights went out causing an error, and from there, all the dash lights came back on and we were at square one. The dealership came and picked up the vehicle and dropped off a Jeep Grand Cherokee L - Brand new 50 miles. Over the next 2-3 weeks of driving the LOANER this Jeep also broke down and had major issues disabling the suspension, power steering and the airbags of all things. We called, the dealership literally laughed uncomfortably, and sent us an older model -- which ended up working great. It worked great for the THREE months it has taken them to work on our Jeep and figure what out what was going on...... it must not have went well because THANKFULLY, we received a call from Chrysler advising us they were purchasing our vehicle back from us. We went through quite a process with that, it was streamlined but time-consuming, and they allowed us to keep the loaner through the process. They also provided a CDI code which is a Chrysler executive discount for the purchase of another Jeep Grand Wagoneer. We ended up purchasing a series 3. How stupid. In the first 50 miles our jeep broke down, electrical issues, suspension issues, the Uconnect screen would not even turn on without disconnecting the battery and reconnecting, and the thing would chime as you drove every 2 minutes, even though all doors were closed and seatbelts were on. There was no indication as to why it was chiming. We immediately contacted the dealership, turned the vehicle around, and returned it. This is the worst vehicle I have ever purchased, and it was not isolated to one vehicle, but a total of FOUR all running the same year / software. We decided to go back and purchase the Escalade, which we did and so far 1000+ miles it's been EXCELLENT.

Side note: I'm scarred from our experience. When I see this vehicle on the road now I have instant empathy and curiosity about others experiences with their vehicle. Last night, while filling up my Escalade I saw a woman who had the brand new 2022 GW just like the one I had purchased, and I walked over there and asked how her experience has been with the vehicle, she had an instant look of disgust on her face and said, "Don't even get me started....if you're interested in buying one of these you better rethink it... this has been the worst vehicle I've ever purchased..." I then told her my story and we shared many of the same issues.

·
Registered
2022 Grand Wagoneer series III
82 Posts
Don’t for a minute think the new Escalade don’t have any issues. We picked up our GW and immediately went on a trip from Texas to Colorado. While there my friends son-Inlaw couldn’t get his Escalade started. With no dealerships in Pagosa Springs he was clueless. I suggested onstar! Wrong answer, all they did was offer a tow or a jump start. Neither of which he needed. After going through YouTube school which produced no help. He was at his wits end and says this had happened before but didn’t know how they fixed it. I suggested a reboot which solved the problem but he is not happy with his purchase.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I know all vehicles have issues at some times, but i will say i have had 3 Escalade ESV all with over 100k on them and not once did they leave me stranded and when i had them picked-up for normal service i received an equal or better vehicle for the day to drive. So far i have 880 miles on my GWIII and it has been towed 6 times back to dealer one time they couldn't even get in because batt. was dead and the only door lock on the vehicle was broke! Jeeps GW super special service people that they sell you that they are the Gods of the auto world are a bunch of teenies down in Florida that dont know a GW from a kite at least thats what i have been dealing with, that and my GW goes dead sometimes within 45 min and Jeep says to bad so sad no fix until maybe august or sept! deal with it! I now am first on the list to get a 2023 Escalade v series ordered when available and i will let someone else experience the GWIII yee ha! It's really too bad because the GWIII would be great if they would have had all the major bugs worked out of them before they released them, heck 1/2 of the electronic gadgets in mine dont work at all, lane assist, passenger side screen, message seats only stay on for 10-12 min then shut off, rear screens come on whenever they want and btw stay on when vehicle is off causing a dead batt. 100% of my issues involve programming of which they have no fix at this time. So it sits in the corner of my garage. Pretty neat.

·
Registered
2022 Grand Wagoneer series III
82 Posts
I know all vehicles have issues at some times, but i will say i have had 3 Escalade ESV all with over 100k on them and not once did they leave me stranded and when i had them picked-up for normal service i received an equal or better vehicle for the day to drive. So far i have 880 miles on my GWIII and it has been towed 6 times back to dealer one time they couldn't even get in because batt. was dead and the only door lock on the vehicle was broke! Jeeps GW super special service people that they sell you that they are the Gods of the auto world are a bunch of teenies down in Florida that dont know a GW from a kite at least thats what i have been dealing with, that and my GW goes dead sometimes within 45 min and Jeep says to bad so sad no fix until maybe august or sept! deal with it! I now am first on the list to get a 2023 Escalade v series ordered when available and i will let someone else experience the GWIII yee ha! It's really too bad because the GWIII would be great if they would have had all the major bugs worked out of them before they released them, heck 1/2 of the electronic gadgets in mine dont work at all, lane assist, passenger side screen, message seats only stay on for 10-12 min then shut off, rear screens come on whenever they want and btw stay on when vehicle is off causing a dead batt. 100% of my issues involve programming of which they have no fix at this time. So it sits in the corner of my garage. Pretty neat.
My program is if it gives too many problems(and it don’t take much) trade that SOB for another one or something else. If your in this price range of vehicle taking a little loss just to move on is money well spent. I’m not talking about the lemon law or any of that BS, just find it’s replacement and make yourself happy.

·
Registered
18 Posts
My program is if it gives too many problems(and it don’t take much) trade that SOB for another one or something else. If your in this price range of vehicle taking a little loss just to move on is money well spent. I’m not talking about the lemon law or any of that BS, just find it’s replacement and make yourself happy.
Sorry i dont have 22k just to though in the garbage, thats what the diff. is to get another one and fyi nobody can give a promise it wont be just as bad of a POS as the one i have now. I work hard for my $$, Been in business 59 years just because a person has $$ doesn't mean they like to throw it away. I very seldom post about any product i buy, i posted about this because its just not right to be ripped off by Big Brother Stellantis and wanted to warn folks just how much of a pc. of junk these gwIII are! fyi The 22K comes from 8,400 tax and plates and 7K for a full body mask i put on it after the 3rd trip to the dealer and they said they FOR SURE had the issue taken care of and another 7K is what the dealer says the diff. in trade off for my GWIII with 851 miles on it!!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts