Jeep Wagoneer Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sometimes life comes at you fast, and within a day of me getting a grand idea to get rid of some of my personal inventory, I now have 3 options locally when it comes to new 2022 Grand Wagoneers.

Call me maybe a bit crazy, but had been thinking of getting rid of a Hellcat Challenger for a while now (as family gets older, friends multiply, activities get further and no one else in my house like the Hellcat). For me to still have a little smile on my face when I drive, needed that big 6.4 (or a durango hellcat which from what I'm reading will price me out there). Came across 3 Grand Wagoneers on dealer lots.

Me questioning and thinking about things too much (which very often times leads to paralysis by analysis), all three of these were delivered to the dealer in the Nov. 2021 timeframe. They've been sitting there for over a year. One is nicely discounted as the GM's demo car. I know I can do better that what they want to get. The other two only have 45 miles on them. All optioned the same (series I with the passenger screen).

Since I wasn't in this market prior to yesterday, what issue is holding these on the lot? I would consider in a 2022 market these are priced fairly well, the demo is $5500 under MSRP and the two other ones are $2000 under MSRP. The dealer got a bit snotty with me when I asked how much lower are they willing to go to move one of the two and her response was about today's market and how things don't sit on lots, and when I brought up that she just told me they were there for 13 months and they aren't exactly moving, she forwarded me to someone else in sales....

What would be a good price target here? The stickers are the same $91635. The demo with 5000 miles is $85988. The other two are $89555. I'd like to walk the demo down close to $80000 and one of the other two close to where that demo price is. Not sure if I'd be in the ball park, but what info I found, with dealer invoice and holdback at $83500 they should still be making 3% profit, and then subtracting for the mileage of the demo. Then again, also will close to where that demo is if they put a nice extended warranty package on it.

And then I go back - what was with the early production that has these sitting on the lot?

I drove one last night and it could definitely help me forget the hellcat. And also have $4500 in rebates on top of everything.

· Registered
102 Posts
w
Sometimes life comes at you fast, and within a day of me getting a grand idea to get rid of some of my personal inventory, I now have 3 options locally when it comes to new 2022 Grand Wagoneers.

Call me maybe a bit crazy, but had been thinking of getting rid of a Hellcat Challenger for a while now (as family gets older, friends multiply, activities get further and no one else in my house like the Hellcat). For me to still have a little smile on my face when I drive, needed that big 6.4 (or a durango hellcat which from what I'm reading will price me out there). Came across 3 Grand Wagoneers on dealer lots.

Me questioning and thinking about things too much (which very often times leads to paralysis by analysis), all three of these were delivered to the dealer in the Nov. 2021 timeframe. They've been sitting there for over a year. One is nicely discounted as the GM's demo car. I know I can do better that what they want to get. The other two only have 45 miles on them. All optioned the same (series I with the passenger screen).

Since I wasn't in this market prior to yesterday, what issue is holding these on the lot? I would consider in a 2022 market these are priced fairly well, the demo is $5500 under MSRP and the two other ones are $2000 under MSRP. The dealer got a bit snotty with me when I asked how much lower are they willing to go to move one of the two and her response was about today's market and how things don't sit on lots, and when I brought up that she just told me they were there for 13 months and they aren't exactly moving, she forwarded me to someone else in sales....

What would be a good price target here? The stickers are the same $91635. The demo with 5000 miles is $85988. The other two are $89555. I'd like to walk the demo down close to $80000 and one of the other two close to where that demo price is. Not sure if I'd be in the ball park, but what info I found, with dealer invoice and holdback at $83500 they should still be making 3% profit, and then subtracting for the mileage of the demo. Then again, also will close to where that demo is if they put a nice extended warranty package on it.

And then I go back - what was with the early production that has these sitting on the lot?

I drove one last night and it could definitely help me forget the hellcat. And also have $4500 in rebates on top of everything.
whatever you do, stay away from demo. I've been reading about a lot of growing pains and teething issues with these early-build cars. My local dealer put $10K on the hood for a Wagoneer Series 3 Demo with 2800 miles that was built in Nov of 21. $10K OFF an $83K price tag I think. But it wasn't worth it. if you want to roll the dice, it is your money and time but I'd steer clear of these. In my area, I see several Grand Wagoneers with 4% discounts. I'm looking at a Wagoneer S1 and the dealer has about a 6% total discount on it. The vehicle is basically $2K below the invoice. It just arrived less than two weeks ago (manufacture dates of OCT22) so it should have all the latest updates.

· Registered
54 Posts
Go drive a TRX and you will throw rocks at the challenger and the wagoneer!!!
TRX is a completely different animal. I'm leaving my Durango HC for a GW.
Love my truck but the opportunities to drive it as it was meant to be driven are getting fewer and further apart.
@WoodyNJ I have to agree about staying away from the Demo. I went with a '23 Obsidian and the HO 6 for the smile factor.
Was able to get it at invoice + whatever incentives are available when it arrives. The question is, when will that be? :(

Hope your search ends well!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts