Jeep Wagoneer Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have had our 2022 GW III for about a year now. One thing that I’ve been unable to successfully get to work is linking the key fob to the user profiles. I’ve followed the directions in the manual to link a key to the profile. My Wife and I have our respective key fobs linked to our user profiles. But the car doesn’t ever recognize the key fob and automatically switch to the respective user profile. We always have to manually switch the user profile.
Just curious if anyone else has had any luck getting this to work properly in their vehicle.

· Registered
7 Posts
I don’t know if you got this worked out but mine was in for oil change and tire rotation so they did several software updates to the various control modules and the tech told me that one update was for the memory seat/profile system because they would not recall properly.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ours was in recently and they supposedly performed all the software and modules updates that are currently available. Unfortunately that didn’t resolve this issue.

I’m just curious how this is actually supposed to work. My understanding is that one you link a profile to a key fob, as you approach the car it would recognize the key fob and recall the linked profile. I’ve seen some posts that seem to suggest that the profile is only recalled if you unlock the car with the key fob. Just wondering if anyone has this working where it automatically recalls the profile when it senses the key in the vehicle

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok thanks. Yesterday I went back and deleted our profiles and then recreated our profiles and linked them to the key fobs. Now it’s working and when we grab the door handle it recalls the respective user profile. Ot still doesn’t recall the correct seat memory position but next time it’s in for service I’ll have them check the make sure the update you mentioned has been applied.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts