Jeep Wagoneer Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New owner here. Went to fill up my wife’s Wagoneer, and the fuel door won’t open. Called client services, and they’re no help. Anyone know if there is an emergency release?

·
Registered
1 Posts
New owner here. Went to fill up my wife’s Wagoneer, and the fuel door won’t open. Called client services, and they’re no help. Anyone know if there is an emergency release?
I am a relatively new owner and also thought there was an issue with the fuel door. In my case, I learned that the driver door needs to be open in order for the fuel door to open with a push. Presumably designed to prevent unauthorized access. That can confuse some service attendants in states where they have to pump the gas for you (Oregon).
Good luck, and enjoy your new Wagoneer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. We got it into the dealership today. Something in the lock on the fuel door broke. Was told they had to override it. Essentially I have to use something to pop it open until the replacement comes in. Which they’re replacing the fuel door as well. I wasn’t told how long it would take just that they ordered the parts, and the new fuel door would need to be painted priori to installation.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you. We got it into the dealership today. Something in the lock on the fuel door broke. Was told they had to override it. Essentially I have to use something to pop it open until the replacement comes in. Which they’re replacing the fuel door as well. I wasn’t told how long it would take just that they ordered the parts, and the new fuel door would need to be painted prior to installation.
my little plastic thing on the door broke as well. There is an alternative way to open the door....lift bottomr right corner of door and push up and out gently.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
my little plastic thing on the door broke as well. There is an alternative way to open the door....lift bottomr right corner of door and push up and out gently.
Yeah the service manager instructed us to do that. We actually got a call today that the parts were in, and the new fuel door was painted and ready to install tomorrow.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts